Skittles, or M&Ms?

Word of the day. Post of the year. Crime of the century.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

water wings
Loquacious Evangelist

Postby water wings » Thu May 15, 2003 10:44 pm

Okinawa is PART OF Japan.

Also, I know dragon fruit as "prickly pear" - we lived near a greek orthodox monastry which had cacti, and my step mum used to frequently go for walks up the hill and pilfer the fruits. I disagree that it tastes like kiwi fruit, but oh well!

As for the skittles vs. m and ms debate ... Neither.... I would vote for smarties. And no, I'm not talking about those horrible american smarties that are hard and sugary and have a chalky consistency. I'm talking about the smarties that are like M and Ms, but the sugar shell around the chocolate is thinner and the chocolate is a lot yummier! All the Australians should know what I'm talking about any way! :D
I love Buny!

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Thu May 15, 2003 10:48 pm

water wings wrote:Okinawa is PART OF Japan.

Yes, I know, but I believe it has a fairly large indigeneous population that's not racially Japanese, so I didn't want to call them Japanese.

water wings
Loquacious Evangelist

Postby water wings » Thu May 15, 2003 10:55 pm

From memory - and I could be entirely wrong - the indigenous Japanese are usually referred to as Anu.

But like I said, I could be entirely wrong.
I love Buny!

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Thu May 15, 2003 10:57 pm

That's true, but I believe that's mainland Japan, I don't know if the same holds true for Okinawa. Actually I think the spelling is Ainu.

Reading about Okinawa, it appears I was pretty much mistaken about the indigeneous people thing. I knew it wasn't always a part of Japan, but anyhoo. http://everything2.com/index.pl?lastnode_id=1005884&node_id=74771

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Fri May 16, 2003 2:56 pm

water wings wrote:All the Australians should know what I'm talking about any way! :D

And the Brits...

:rotate:

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat May 17, 2003 8:54 am

water wings wrote:I would vote for smarties. And no, I'm not talking about those horrible american smarties that are hard and sugary and have a chalky consistency. I'm talking about the smarties that are like M and Ms, but the sugar shell around the chocolate is thinner and the chocolate is a lot yummier! All the Australians should know what I'm talking about any way! :D

yes, but I think Smarties are chalky and horrible, plus the colours run like a mofo. M&M's are so much better.

Prickly pear is horrible, I tried some a couple months ago and spat it out.
i before e except after a few beers

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 pm

OMG, this was actually a thing. I saw a reference to 'Skittles vs M&Ms' and thought it was advanced piss-taking at first, but no.... we actually DID do this thread.

Wow
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Return to “Shallow Thoughts”