Skittles, or M&Ms?

Word of the day. Post of the year. Crime of the century.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:21 pm

I have a love hate relationship with skittles.

Back in college, one of the "offices" (read as gaming club) I used to hang around all the time had a fridge with candy and soda in it. $.50 per, you couldn't go wrong, well, unfortunately they kept the fridge a little too cold, I managed to crack, and split a molar in twain on a partially frozen skittle, and since college insurance wouldn't cover a flu perscription let alone oral surgery, I had to resolve the matter myself, Namely with Mr. Pliers. Once I got out of college and got a real job, and real insurance, I had a replacement installed. It's actually far superior to my normal teeth, which are in excellent condition.

At this point I'm still saving the cash to have all of my teeth yanked out and replaced with Teflon coated Ceramic implants.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Foo-Byte
I am Finbarr Saunders

Postby Foo-Byte » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:23 pm

Too much Cyberpunk that for man...

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:25 pm

They're actually quite nice, the dentist can actually unscrew the tooth itself since the implant is actually a socket fitting.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:26 pm

Foo-Byte wrote:Too much Cyberpunk that for man...

In Soviet Russia post garbles Foo...

I skipped out on this whole Soviet Russia thing intially. I plan on this remaining my one and only foray into this shaky territory.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:28 pm

Did I ever mention how much I hate yakov smirnoff

The Real Red Menace
Citadel Legend

Postby The Real Red Menace » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:29 pm

Yeah well, Yakko Smirnov hates you!

.....in Soviet Russia.......
"Behold I am the Dragon, before me you rightly tremble!"

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:31 pm

He probably does, I think I've sent him enough death threats and pictures of him while he sleeps.

Lethe
Colonel Catfork

Postby Lethe » Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:44 pm

Kauser wrote:They're actually quite nice, the dentist can actually unscrew the tooth itself since the implant is actually a socket fitting.

I was going to get those. Five of my adult teeth never came in, so one my bone structure was fully developed they yanked my teeth into the right place (they had drifted because of the spaces) with the oh-so-wonderful practice of orthodontics. Unfortunately, since I hadn't had teeth there for so long the bone of my jaw had decayed somewhat and wasn't thick enough to support the metal receptacle they put in to screw the teeth into, so I had to get bone grafts to thicken the bone.

That's when I said fuck it and just got some prosthodontics.

Lethe
Colonel Catfork

Postby Lethe » Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:27 pm

. wrote:What about those companies that have a DragonFruit flavour? What the hell is a dragonfruit!?

It's a fruit that never quite keeps up with the other ones. That's also why you never really hear about it.

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:01 pm

It's delicious if the Snapple with Dragonfruit in it is any example :)

Apparently according to google it's part of the cactus family...

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:10 pm

Oh wow.. I didn't realize it was an actual fruit. Neat.

DampCat
Cow! Cube! Cowuuuube!

Postby DampCat » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:31 pm

Dragon Fruit, an exotic addition to local fruit market

Dragon Fruit is a new product that is recently getting increasingly popular. Originally from Central America, it was brought to Okinawa a few years ago. The Dragon Fruit is actually a species of cactus. It’s shape is round and it is 13 cm in diameter on the average and purple red in color.

It’s generic name is “Pitaya,” which it is called also in North America. Here in Okinawa, it is known as the “Dragon Fruit”. There are many kinds of dragon fruits; the “White Pitaya” is white inside and less juicy, while the “Red Pitaya” has dark red fleshy fruit and very juicy. The “Yellow Pitaya” is yellow outside. The dragon fruits don’t have a sweet smell like other fruits. Its taste is very simple, a bit like the Kiwi fruit, and that is hard to imagine from how it looks. Besides the fruit, its flowers and leaves are also edible when cooked. It is certain that new recipes that utilize the dragon fruit will be developed soon. It contains plenty of Vitamin-C, and water-soluble fiber that has allegedly a great effect on diet.

Now, Dragon fruits are grown in many locations in Okinawa including some remote islands. Its harvest season is between June and November. Besides the fruits, it has a beautiful flower like an orchid cactus that blooms only 1st and 15th day of the lunar calendar. The flower is so beautiful that it has a nickname “Noblewoman.”

You can buy dragon fruit at major department stores and super markets, specialty fruit stores, markets and souvenir shops. One piece is about ¥1,000.

Damn clever, these Chinese...

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:32 pm

Uh...Okinawa is closer to Japan...or is that a joke or something?

DampCat
Cow! Cube! Cowuuuube!

Postby DampCat » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:46 pm

Dynagrip wrote:Uh...Okinawa is closer to Japan...or is that a joke or something?

i wrote that without thinking. Its actually a phrase that myself and my father use when anything may impress us.
Last edited by DampCat on Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:50 pm

You have a healthy relationship with your priest.

DampCat
Cow! Cube! Cowuuuube!

Postby DampCat » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:51 pm

i am gaelic

(cunning, btw)

Space Monkey
Citadel Vet

Postby Space Monkey » Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:57 pm

On the topic of teeth:

When I was a kid, I used to swish pepsi around in my mouth. I apparently did this quite often, because the enamel on the back of my teeth is GONE. The bottoms of my front teeth are literally transparant. One time I was wrestling with some other kids, and one of them kneed my jaw. My mouth slammed shut, and I chipped my front left tooth. ON MY BOTTOM TOOTH.

Then the other day, I was like "Huh, that's odd... my teeth are getting bigger."

Then I realized that my gums are retracting. Rotting. Whatever.

So all these dental problems are really odd, since I brush my teeth every day and everything. But I'll most likely end up with false teeth before I'm 20.
straight to video

halofyre
Minister of Sermons

Postby halofyre » Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:19 am

Skittles, the kind that come in the purple package.

M&Ms, ONLY when they come in the new peanut butter flavour.
but then i'd really rather just get some reese's pieces.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Thu May 15, 2003 7:28 pm

In today's round of battles, a decidely strong showing by the blue and orange M&M teams. The sole yellow contender also made a good impression on the crowd with his plucky spirit. The brown team was soundly trounced by all and must make some major adjustments if they want to be any sort of contender.

WhiteboySushi
Something not about beatin' it :(

Postby WhiteboySushi » Thu May 15, 2003 7:57 pm

SporkAndrew wrote:Skittles...

Altough, they have to be seperated, and then eaten from green to yellow, to orange, to red, to purple...

:rotate:

I have OCD, too.

Return to “Shallow Thoughts”