I had my first COT- related dream last night

Word of the day. Post of the year. Crime of the century.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Thu May 31, 2007 4:40 pm

First line:

A husband lost wife for sex
best give it back

You were feeling guilty that you stole this wife for sex so you decided to give it back.

Simple.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu May 31, 2007 8:18 pm

Okay! I think I got the first line. "Husband begs wife for sex." Then it's "____ give it ___ ____." Maybe it's "Doesn't give it to him." I guess. Maybe.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:27 pm

I had a COT-related dream, sort of.

It started out that I was at my old taekwondo place, and even though I haven't done it in like ten years, they still wanted me to demonstrate something so I was all uncomfortable because I was rusty. They wanted me to draw a dot on a chalkboard, then kick that dot repeatedly with different kicks. And then there was a part where pins and needles scattered and I had to pick them up so my hands got poked a lot.

Then it shifted to the COT part, because now all of a sudden I was in Australia with my girlfriend, and we were in a classroom with Bunyip and Windsong. Bunyip handed me a packet of stapled papers and said I should read it. It was about four pages of a Calvin & Hobbes comic, but you could tell it wasn't Bill Watterson but like a knockoff. It was a long buildup for a pretty mediocre joke, but the long buildup was kind of the point. Then Bunyip and Windsong went back home which for some reason was in Western Australia, and my girlfriend and I went to Eastern Australia and had to get to Bunyip's house. We had to take an underground tunnel, Nydus style, but when we came out it shifted to the third part of the dream.

I was in a sort of temple floating in the air, or perhaps on a mountainside, and I was fighting people with Jedi powers. It was like a deathmatch videogame, but instead of controlling an avatar, it was me kind of like laser tag with Jedi powers. And the people I was fighting were dressed in everyday street clothes, not Jedi clothes, but they were jumping super high and throwing things telekinetically. You had to seek out weapons, like in a videogame, and I grabbed this one that was sort of like a laser pointer and to kill people with it I had to keep the beam on them. And I was holding the beam on a guy and killed him halfway, but then he noticed he was being lased so he evaded, talked some smack, then got killed by someone else. I found another weapon, a lightsaber handle, but it didn't work right; it just had a four-inch blade come out and the blade was lightsaber color but not shiny, like it was a solid green crystal. Turns out you have to fix them first, but I didn't know how until I saw someone do it. You have to get another one, and use it to fuse/weld some circuitry on the handle, and then it would work. So I fixed my lightsaber. Oh, this whole time there is music going on, like from the big lightsaber fight in Episode 1 with the chanting and stuff. Anyway, in the dream I knew Darth Vader and I knew his lightsaber wasn't working, so I went to his lair and I was all like "Vader!" and he stood up and was like "Yes?" and I was like "Give me your lightsaber!" and he was like "Of course." So he handed it to me, and I activated it and it was full length but it was a long red crystal, not shiny like a normal lightsaber. So I used my skillz to fuse/weld the circuitry, and then the red crystal started glowing like a normal lightsaber. Then Darth Vader thanked me and took off with it to go kill some nubs. I was still in his shelter, so I started reading about Jedi history from a book. It said that in the past, the Jedi had the power to create 10-foot spherical forcefields around them like shields. They also had the power to create wind or storms but the needed these gnarled sticks called Force Canes to do it. But if they used the wind ability they couldn't use the shield ability because they'd just end up creating a storm inside their bubble. So then they invented the technology to create the lightsaber, which made the Force Cane obsolete so over time they lost the ability to create wind. Some still maintained the shield ability, but they only use it very situationally because generally the lightsaber is enough of a shield already. And over time most people lost that ability as well, but some of the oldest Jedi masters remember how to do it, they just generally don't.

And then Jack Bauer started walking on my face so I woke up.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:18 am

Oh yeah, that tunnel's a doozy.
i before e except after a few beers

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:10 pm

In part of my dream last night, I was walking down the street with OMGBEES, and as we passed a group of girls he stopped one of them (thereby stopping all of them) and asked if he could sketch her picture. Then he busted out a large etch-a-sketch, about three feet wide, and started to sketch her and the background behind her. He was some kind of etch-a-sketch virtuoso, too, because it looked great and came out very quickly.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:27 pm

I had a pretty vivid dream last night. I decided to log into WOW for the first time in years. Everything was more realistic. People looked like they do in real life, and you saw things from your own perspective in the first person. Everyone I used to play with was still there. In fact, there was a large gathering because Eolh was retiring and the people were there to watch a 30 minute movie he'd made. The movie reminisced about his time in Azeroth, and it said he was giving up WOW because he was getting married. At the end of the movie it showed a close-up of him holding his fiancee's hand, overlaid with text: s.m. + j.j. For some reason I suspected I knew who the j.j. was, but I wasn't sure because her real initials were j.a.

Later, there was a real life after party at his house. There were fewer people there, likely only his close guild mates and some of the old COT crew. I was looking around for the girl I thought it was, someone I once knew in real life. She didn't play WOW so she was just kind of lurking, letting Eolh enjoy his party. But I went up to talk to her, and I asked her about the j.j. thing figuring she had been married once before and changed her name. Turns out she had been married three times before, and j.j. was only her latest name. As the dream was ending, I wondered how Eolh had even met her, and why nothing ever happened between us.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Between you and Eolh?

How is he, BTW?
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:30 pm

No, between me and j.j.

Also, I remember thinking in the dream that it was weird that she had changed her name because she is a Ph.d. with many publications, and typically they don't change their names when they marry.

I haven't seen or heard from Eolh in forever.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:25 am

I gather I was at this gathering then.
i before e except after a few beers

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Yeah you were. And in particular I remember Miel was there.

Return to “Shallow Thoughts”