I had my first COT- related dream last night

Word of the day. Post of the year. Crime of the century.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:31 am

Remember the movie-like vampire dream I had several months ago? Last night I had another movie-like dream (not really COT-related but I'll post it anyway).

I'm gonna say "us" even though it wasn't me, it was some unknown actor types, though I think Josh Hartnett was the main guy. Anyway, we were in like a mall or restaurant or something with a really high ceiling and a skylight and stuff. And we were having a good time, eating and swimming or something, when suddenly this little boy (maybe three years old) with grayish skin started to freak out and bite people. We tried to bash his head in but he just wouldn't die. We kept stomping on his head and it would deform, but he was nigh unkillable. Turns out this was a zombie movie, but there was a twist. There were varying degrees of zombification. Like, our main characters ended up getting slightly zombied, so their skin turned a little bit gray and they were hardier than normal humans but they basically still had all their mental faculties. And for the most part, the stronger and harder to kill you were, the more you lost your mind. The main characters were spending most of the movie trying to kill the mindless zombies, and they found these parasitic worms (think of that breastworms picture) that were spreading it. For some reason, no one was using weapons. Hand to hand, it is the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.

I think at this point I replayed everything that happened before, thinking I was reviewing for telling friends about the dream and posting about it here. There's your COT reference.

But anyway, by the end we basically killed or found a way to pacify all the mindless zombies. But with the closing shot, we were sitting on a bench in the busy mall, and the main guy has people to his left and to his right, and he gets sprayed with blood so he looks to his left to see what happened. He sees a headless guy (mindless pacified zombie) seated to his left, so he looks to that guy's left and he sees one of his fellow zombiefighters with a head in his hands and an evil grin. This guy was one of the ones who still could think, so the idea is that he didn't kill the guy at the end because he was a zombie, but because he was normal, ie. a normal psychotic murderer...which in some ways is scarier than zombies.

gorillaman
Minister Of Discussion

Postby gorillaman » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:26 pm

I just had a dream about an ambiguously gendered supervillain called plut. The only bit I remember went like this:

"Take your coat off, please."
"Why'd you need my coat? There's plenty of dead guys out there."
"But you're the only dead guy in my size."

Never knew she had it in her.

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Sat May 08, 2004 4:35 pm

What's with all these plutdreams?
I had another one last night. She was pretty hot. And then she went on a killing spree or something, dressed up as Samus.

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Wed May 19, 2004 1:01 pm

I dreamt I got a phone call from Plut... she had this weird accent... and I don't remember what she was calling for, just that at some point she'd said the word "pseudo"

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sat May 29, 2004 10:27 am

Okay, here's the skinny.

I almost never remember my dreams. What I do remember is almost always about strange things that don't make sense (but are about me or my friends) - and then weeks or months later something happens which causes me to "remember"... it's like a weird deja-vu, where suddenly something that I dreamt makes sense. Almost to the point of often knowing that something is just about to happen, and watching in bewilderment as something does exactly what I imagined it would do. But I digress...

Last night I had a dream with some CoT people in it. And it was really strange. I don't remember all of the detail, but basically it was some kind of gathering at Plut's apartment...(?) Plut, Fooby, Gobo and Square were kind of hosting it between them (?) and pretty much most of the gang was there. It was really awkward for me because I'm just not very good in social situation where I don't really "know" the people I'm with, but Square and I had some fun putting the world to rights, with technical input on the violence front from Kauser.

Spork arranged some kind of massive (non-computer) game that most of you were playng, and you all seemed to be really enjoying it. People kept asking me "why don't you have anything to say?" and I didn't know. I was happy to just watch and soak up the atmosphere but people kept asking me "why don't you do something? Why don't you say something to us? Why did you even come?". But I didn't let it get me down. Every now and then I kept going outside onto the sidewalk to enjoy the sun, drink a beer and just soak up the good vibe there too.

Then I was outside this one time and this cop (in a New York City Cop uniform???) came along and tried to bust me for having an opened alcoholic drink out on the sidewalk. I told him that I was sorry to have broken his laws, but I was from England where this sort of thing is part of our natural heritage, and I didn't know it was a law here. He was cool, he let me finish the botle off while we chatted about things (turns out he wants to go to the UK one day, just to see all the castles and shit). Then I said farewell and went back indoors. But when I got back indoors, everyone had gone somewhere. There was a note on the fridge that just said "Where were you? We left.... see you around?" and I was incredibly sad.

I went back outside, nobody around. Then I went to the mall (??) and looked but all I saw were scary faceless peope (literally faceless) and I couldn't bring myself to ask anyone if they'd seen you guys. I walked back to the airport (??) and got on a plane. The security guys waved me through without checking me because they said they'd never seen such a sorrowful guy. Then I got home to Chester (but it was to the place I'm moving to, rather than my present house, and the new place has strangely grown a garden in my dream). I got in the house and there was another note on the fridge, "you weren't here, AGAIN. Where were you? We left... see ya 'round".
From you lot.

Then I woke up.

That's weird for me. Weird because I can remember it. Weird because it was about you guys. Weird because there was no Joanne in it. Weird because... it was weird, to me. Also, weird because it seems fairly obvious what was going through my head.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Sat May 29, 2004 10:47 am

Woo someone dreamed about me *smile*

I do think it's kinda weird taht EVERYONE who has a CoT dream seems to haev Plut in it.

Rob, if we ever meet up I think we might end up just sitting in silence a lot of th time... I'm uncomfortable in those kind of situations too, although sometimes when I'm feeling that way and I see someone else feeling that way I tend to gravitate to them and try to chat 'em up and see if we can get each other to loosen up andnot worry as much...

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sat May 29, 2004 2:13 pm

None of my forum dreams have had . in it.

And why would it be weird that your forum dream didn't have Joanne in it?[/picking at old scabs]

Sleepwalker
Ambuscader

Postby Sleepwalker » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:00 am

Forgive me, for this is long. But I had to share.

It was a warm and sunny day. I was sitting in the shade of an umbrella at a sidewalk café, sipping espresso, and talking to a young woman. She had auburn hair, was pierced many times and in several places, and had unfinished tattoos of classical artwork on several strategic areas of her body. One in particular caught my eye. It was the image of the Roman god Pluto.

She was telling me that her brain was disintegrating; melting in the Texas sun. She asked for my help. I told her I would stop at nothing until I found a solution.

I moved in with my parents on the outskirts of San Diego, California, and took a job at a nanotechnology research lab housed in a tall, metal and glass building within the city. I met my research partners; two men whose appearances were identical except that one had pinkish-reddish skin and the other had pale blue skin. Both men always wore sun-glasses. Both men were very smart although the red man was very showy with his intelligence and the blue man always seemed angry. They would often argue about semantics, but otherwise seemed the best of friends.

The three of us worked long hours for many days trying to develop self-replicating nano-machines that could be programmed using microwaves. Finally, one day, after my partners had left for the night, I had a breakthrough and succeeded in our work. I immediately sent a pill to the young woman containing a sample of nanos to aid in her recovery. The next morning I told my colleagues what I had done. The red man chastised me for sending out an untested treatment and the blue man derided me for my spelling and use of grammar. I was summarily fired.

I returned home and turned on the news. I was surprised to find a report about a 30-foot tall, pierced and tattooed woman angrily gobbling up women. She would simply toss any woman she could find into her mouth and swallow. With a barbarian enthusiasm, she had cut a swath northward, up the Midwestern United States to the Canadian border. There she encountered a glass wall. On the other side of the glass could be seen two men in lawn chairs smoking marijuana and a small, odd-looking creature jumping up and down and pointing at the woman, all the time shouting “See?! I told you!”

The woman’s reflection could be seen in the glass…but it was male. He would frequently change expression and say things like, “I have bad taste. True story.” This enraged the giant woman further and she began to pound on the glass. This made her breasts fall off and land on a transsexual who then wept because, although she had finally gotten the breasts she longed for, they were far too big to do her any good. A grizzly bear then came over and comforted her.

The giant woman then further transformed into the god Pluto and proceeded to rampage throughout the north-eastern U.S. Just then, a giant rabbit that had been terrorizing London, jumped over the Atlantic Ocean and attacked the Roman god with some kind of plastic utensil. The fight continued on the streets of New York where small asian rabbits ran for cover. They may have been Korean rabbits but I couldn’t tell since they all look same.

Before a fatal blow could be dealt, a group consisting of an orange creature in a blue suit, an anime woman, a frog in a corked hat, and a small girl riding a dog, calling themselves the United Australian Front, put a stop to the fight and negotiated a truce.

I then woke up screaming and in a cold sweat. I swore never to return to the Citadel of Truth. But a raspy voice in my head with a British accent kept singing “wankety piss chips” and “Welcome to the Thorn Show”. So I have now returned in hopes of exorcizing these catchy tunes from my brain.

Cheers.
An enigma, wrapped in a riddle, coated in caramel, and swimming in chocolate. Mmmm!

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:37 am

I think my part of the dream must have come from the fact that I've been playing Painkiller since 4PM or so here. I think I psychically projected the Painkiller vibrations in your head. I think Painkiller is majickal, like Ouija Boards and those Fortune Cookies that tell you your winning lottery numbers.

I've had a lot of dreams lately, really intesne nightmares. Just absolutely continuously, to the point where sometimes I'll only get 3 or 4 hours of sleep from the dreams. When I wake up, I always remember them in incredible detail, and think, "HOLY CRAP! THAT WAS FUCKED UP!" Then I forget them within a minute or two.

Which is probably good, if Crick has anything to say about dreams!

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:41 am

Also, I call foul on Sleepwalker's dream.

If I'm wrong, I call the grizzly bear.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:03 am

Giant Jada rabbits with sporks?

...Sounds like heaven.

:rotate:

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:52 pm

Dude. Pluto doesn't go on rampages. He mostly keeps to himself.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:16 pm

I also don't eat meat. Those women were safe. Kinda.

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:19 pm

Since I was not directly mentioned, I have nothing to criticize! [spoiler]o the irony[/spoiler]
Thus: it was awesome!

Lobstrosity
Scientific American

Postby Lobstrosity » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:44 pm

My dream wasn't CoT-related so much as it was college-related (so I think Bag was there somewhere). I guess I was back at school and we were having this class activity that involved racing for points inside a classroom that looked somewhat similar to Midieval Times. We were to race in sets of three people at a time: one person on a horse, one in a chariot, and the third on a motorcycle--just like in ancient Roman times, I'm sure. I was in the first race and I think I barely won, but when it came time to get my points the professor gave us each three. I was nonplussed as I had won, but I guess I hadn't won decisively enough to get the full ten points. I found out after that I was supposed to attack people and knock them off their rides if I wanted to get all the points.

Then it was time for everyone to go outside to have a class picture taken but I couldn't participate because I was only wearing boxers. Fortunately there were a buch of random shorts lying around so I grabbed one that I knew belonged to my college roommate. I knew this because the fly button was a mac logo. I thought he'd be cool with it but when I told him I was borrowing his shorts for the class picture he acted like a real jerk about it. Bastard.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:46 pm

You clearly wanted to get into his shorts.

Lobstrosity
Scientific American

Postby Lobstrosity » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:51 pm

Well who wouldn't? The mac logo was awesome! If my dream taught me anything, it's that Apple should go into the business of making clothes.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:00 pm

It is like advertising in Futurama. Lightspeed Briefs! Apple shorts!

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:52 pm

I don't really remember any prior CoT dreams. I know I've had them, but that's about it. So... that's boring, and I probably didn't need to bring it up.

I was at some kind of a wake (it wasn't a funeral, because there was an open bar... more on that later) for one of Rob's friends. I didn't really know who it was, or why it was there, only that her name was Jane. After a while, I realized that it must be Jane from Coupling (an obvious conclusion, I know.) Anyway, there was sort of an open bar there, and it was decorated to look like an old-style pub. You know: rough wooden tables, tankards, bits of teeth embedded in the ceiling and all that. There was a sign posted out front called "Jane's End", and Rob and I agreed that she would have wanted it to be called that, and wondered how the writers had managed to think that one up. Then I woke up.

It was really odd because I usually don't dream in puns.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:56 pm

I totally forgot to mention, a couple weeks ago Gobo was in a running dream I've been having. He ended up running gunspikes for my guerilla reistance movement to helps us in our war against the Deans. he had this really nondescript body, except that his face (not head, just face) was replaced with a white space and a smiley emoticon. It was kind of neat.

Anyways, most of my dream was spent hiding in various tight spaces to try and ambush a Dean.

Return to “Shallow Thoughts”