Shit You Don't Know

Word of the day. Post of the year. Crime of the century.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:26 pm

The problem with it is that the free games they have are usually shitty, and you have to check it regularly to see if the free stuff is anything you care about.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:24 am

I don't think you can keep your free games. It won't let me use mine. They are on the hard drive but it won't let me start them.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:59 am

No. Any free games gotten during your Plus subscription become inaccessible once your subscription expires. Occasionally, the demo portion of a game will still be usable (I could still play one level of single player Bomberman after my Plus expired), but the full game won't be usable anymore.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:46 am

Well "Pbbt!" to that then.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:02 am

Also, now that you have a PS3 you should *definitely* get Journey. Just throwing that out there.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:08 am

I have that on my SS wishlist so I'm going to wait until after Christmas to purchase it myself, just in case. I have definite plans on getting it though. I don't remember if it was you or Square that gushed on and on about it but I have been wanting to play it since then. Or was it Flower? I don't remember. Anyway. Yes! That will definitely be in my collection some time soon.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:46 pm

Journey is a game that has no dialogue, and yet it evoked one of the strongest emotional responses in me from any videogame. The best part is that it only takes about 2-3 hours from start to finish, so I actually had time to play it to completion. They have it on a disc now, together with Flow and Flower, so you may as well get that.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Yeah, I just checked. That compilation is what I have in my wishlist. For once, I just want to play a game where I'm not having to shoot everyone in the face or race to an objective as quickly as possible. Although I certainly enjoy those games too.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:37 pm

. wrote:I have that on my SS wishlist so I'm going to wait until after Christmas to purchase it myself, just in case. I have definite plans on getting it though. I don't remember if it was you or Square that gushed on and on about it but I have been wanting to play it since then. Or was it Flower? I don't remember. Anyway. Yes! That will definitely be in my collection some time soon.

Both Flower and Journey are in my top 10 for this generation. Journey made me openly weep, which was super awkward when my room mate walked in.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:40 pm

You know, I never did get all the glyphs (or whatever) that give you the white cloth robe. I should go back and play that again. I'd probably end up getting sucked into the journey (har har) and forget that I really came for the glyphs.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:35 am

Bag of Ass wrote:You know, I never did get all the glyphs (or whatever) that give you the white cloth robe. I should go back and play that again. I'd probably end up getting sucked into the journey (har har) and forget that I really came for the glyphs.

I did. Self-refilling scarf is nice. :)

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:56 pm

I've played it a few times, and every time I forget I'm trying to get all the glyphs and just get whisked away. Unbelievable gaming experience.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:50 am

My only complaint is that I wish it was in 3d.

Return to “Shallow Thoughts”