Shit You Don't Know

Word of the day. Post of the year. Crime of the century.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:39 pm

That computer is used by a three year old, an eight year old, and a twenty year old jerk with apparently no common sense on what not to download. I am not upgrading anything on a computer they will manage to screw up again in a week.
Thanks for the help though, I will try what doggie recommended.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:57 pm

I know a lot of us on here use Amazon and with Secret Santa/Satan season coming up (Ah ha ha.), I thought you guys would like to see a note I got from Amazon about independent sellers on their site.
This is a direct quote from response to an inquiry e-mail I sent.

"Sellers on our website are allowed to sell illegal items on website."

Fair warning.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Why would that come up?
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Because when I was shopping prices on point cards for Live, I came upon a seller who was/is selling product in a way I know is against the rules of both Amazon and Microsoft. I asked if they had any sort of policy against selling illegal products. That was the first line of the response I received.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Good grief. Caveat emptor applies no doubt.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:14 pm

. wrote:I know a lot of us on here use Amazon and with Secret Santa/Satan season coming up (Ah ha ha.), I thought you guys would like to see a note I got from Amazon about independent sellers on their site.
This is a direct quote from response to an inquiry e-mail I sent.

"Sellers on our website are allowed to sell illegal items on website."

Fair warning.

i cant think of too many things that would be there that are illegal in MA, except the following: knives, guns, fake guns, metal sticks, fake metal sticks, ray guns, lasers, nondomesticated animals, firewood from NH, NO2, tasers, fake tasers, pepper spray, prescription drugs, fake prescription drugs, police/emergency uniforms or lights, and anything of a sexual nature.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:20 am

Is there a formula that one can use to figure out the size of an equilateral triangle that can fit in a circle? Did that even make sense?

If I have a circle that is 7 inches in circumference, how would I figure out the largest size equilateral triangle that would fit in it? I do not have a protractor, although I guess I could get one.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:20 am

You need to use filthy trigonometry!

An equilateral triangle triangle has three 60 degree angles. If you draw a circle around the triangle such that it passes through the triangle's three points, and then pull a line from each point to its center, you turn the triangle into six right triangles with one angle == 30 degrees and a hypotenuse == the radius of the circle.

After that, you use goddamned trig (cosine 30 degrees = adjacent side / hypotenuse) to solve for adjacent side, which is half of one side of the equilateral triangle. The circle's radius is 7 / 2 * pi, so the formula would be:

2 * (7/2*pi) * cos (30) == (roughly) 1.930

So the equilateral triangle is roughly 1.930 inches on a side.

edit: Wikipedia factors the fucking trig out in their formula in their circumscribed circle formula, which is much simpler:

Radius of circle = (one side of the equilateral triangle) * (sqrt(3) / 3)

Where sqrt is the square root. Same result. Fuck math!
Last edited by nobody_important on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:31 am

Good grief. Okay, thank you very much. I need to write that down.
I should also probably buy a calculator.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:50 am

You have a computer, you don't need a calculator.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:42 am

I don't think I can carry my computer around in my bag. I do my arts in other places than my desk, silly Square.
Although, does anyone have a link to a decent/good online scientific calculator that is either easy to use or has thorough instructions on how to use it? Preferably without pop-ups.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:14 pm

Scientific, or graphing?

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:40 pm

I just found out today, the hard way, that Airborne is supposed to be dissolved in water.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:57 pm

You should sue.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:59 pm

Which one of you jackholes broke the forum!?

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Me - or rather, that I haven't updated the forum software in umpty-years is what has broken the forum :-(
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:14 am

Shoulda known it was you..

Love you, Rob!

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:28 am

If I use the code for the free month of Playstation Home Plus or whatever it is. (The premium service, I think) Will I then have the ability to play the free games I was able to get while during those thirty days after the 30 days expires?
Like if I got the Sonic Collection they have right now for free, could I play it 2 years from now even if I do not have the premium account? Or am I almost like renting it for the month before it because unusable again?
Someone help. If it gets me free games, I want to use the code. If not, I'm not sure why I should bother.
What does the premium service give me that the plain version does not?

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:02 pm

I think any game you download for free during your trial period remains free as long as it's on your hard drive. I got Streets of Rage 2 for free way back when I had my free trial, let me try it later to see if I can still access it.

Plus isn't as important as Gold. Plus is mostly for DLC, letting you have discounts, free downloads, and sometimes early access to content. Gold is for online multiplayer and Netflix.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:I got Streets of Rage 2 for free way back when I had my free trial, let me try it later to see if I can still access it.

I just like the thought of the free games, not monthly rentals, you know? So anyway, please let me know either on here or over PSN (hint hint, add me!)

I have a feeling I won't be keeping Plus but if I can keep the games I get during the trial, I figure why not.

Return to “Shallow Thoughts”