Bunyip presents: Weekend Review! v2

Word of the day. Post of the year. Crime of the century.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:51 pm

Read your first sentence and got excited that Last of Us: Left Behind DLC was on sale for $5. Then, disappointment.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:59 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:Read your first sentence and got excited that Last of Us: Left Behind DLC was on sale for $5. Then, disappointment.

I would give a ready recommendation to picking it up even if it isn't on sale.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:38 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:I don't see how it could possibly compare in quality to the Kirk Cameron version. Now that was a film.

Probably. Not sure if I got the point across, but the game is boring as hell and aside from a lot of truly terrible one-liners is pretty dull. Season of the Witch all over again.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:31 pm

OMGBEES wrote:
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:I don't see how it could possibly compare in quality to the Kirk Cameron version. Now that was a film.

Probably. Not sure if I got the point across, but the game is boring as hell and aside from a lot of truly terrible one-liners is pretty dull. Season of the Witch all over again.

Well, by "compare in quality" I meant that the Kirk Cameron version is so spectacularly awful that it's one of those movies seemingly almost purposefully designed for watching ironically. By "that was a film", I meant it was a series of moving pictures that had been permanently imprinted on celluloid or stored as a data file somewhere.

All 3 of the Kirk Cameron LB movies are on Netflix, depending on how curious you are.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:44 pm

With Nic Cage in this one I was hoping it would be the same, but nope. Cool as a cucumber the whole time, WTF.[/list]

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:08 am

Ok, Tucker & Dale Vs Evil is pretty fun so far. :D

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:11 am

This kid in The Strain is both just way too stupid and way too ok with vampires and dead bodies. I'm not quite sure why I haven't given up on this show yet; it's entertaining enough in parts, but it's honestly pretty dumb as a whole.

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:12 pm

I've been enjoying the Strain comics, I'm a little scared to watch the show in case it ends up just being another crappy TV version like Walking Dead. (or apparently Constantine)

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Well, let me put it to you this way: In the show, the Master, this intimidating, giant ancient evil attempting to take over the planet looks like a Muppet with glowing haunted house eyes.

Understand that, as a Who fan, I'm not picking on this show because of the occasionally second-rate effects. There's more than that wrong with it. But it's hard to be intimidated by a dude who looks like Kyle's little brother Ike if he grew up on the wrong side of the tracks.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:53 am

Wife and I drove from Melbourne to Perth in less than 3 days. So much suck.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Melb ... /Perth+WA/
i before e except after a few beers

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:09 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:Image

... yikes

He doesn't look that pathetic in the comics

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:31 pm

pablo banquo wrote:Wife and I drove from Melbourne to Perth in less than 3 days. So much suck.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/Melb ... /Perth+WA/

Were you driving pack mules and stopping for bullshit like sleeping? You were averaging about 30 mph (48 kph). When we do LA to Houston we do it in a day averaging over 60 mph.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Got to stop driving at night. Otherwise you have to deal with the kangaroos, emus, wombats, camels and road trains in the DARK.

And driving a Mini Cooper, I really don't want to hit a camel. We actually saw a dead one on the side of the road on the way over, as well as about 70 kangaroo corpses. :-O

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Australia has camels? Man your continent just gets weirder and weirder every day.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:48 pm

http://www.feralscan.org.au/camelscan/p ... andbiology

Had them for a long time but they've started to become a nuisance. There was a cull a couple of years back I believe.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:05 pm

For some reason I never, up to this point, pictured Kangaroos as the Aussie equivalent of deer...

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:45 am

Yeah, pretty good analogue. They can and do live almost anywhere and have no road sense.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Gentle reminder that Arizona has feral camels, as well.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:57 am

Damn, Korra ended pretty much... perfectly.

Return to “Shallow Thoughts”