Bunyip presents: Weekend Review! v2

Word of the day. Post of the year. Crime of the century.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:This other forum I'm on is ranking Pixar movies really oddly. It's honestly a little baffling to me, because while I'm generally all for subjectivity, I don't see how any rational person could rank Cars above Wall E. That's just... no. :?

At least now you know that their opinions are worthless.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:19 am

Well, more than one person has now made the argument to me that all Wall E was, was "Trees good, garbage bad!" (yes, that is nearly literally what they're saying), and all I can say is "Uh... yeah?"

I dunno. All joking aside, really to each their own, it's just weird to see people sticking stuff like Wall-E and Ratatouille near the bottom when both of those films are among Pixar's most universally acclaimed anywhere else you look.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:54 am

Wall-E, Ratatouille and Monsters Inc are three of my favourite.

Those people be weird, yo

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:45 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:Well, more than one person has now made the argument to me that all Wall E was, was "Trees good, garbage bad!" (yes, that is nearly literally what they're saying), and all I can say is "Uh... yeah?"

And what is Cars saying? Yay Oil?

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Gobo wrote:
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:Well, more than one person has now made the argument to me that all Wall E was, was "Trees good, garbage bad!" (yes, that is nearly literally what they're saying), and all I can say is "Uh... yeah?"

Right. Also, I should make clear that I don't think all Wall E is, is "trees good, garbage bad", just saying there was nothing wrong with that sentiment... :)
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:04 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:
Gobo wrote:

Right. Also, I should make clear that I don't think all Wall E is, is "trees good, garbage bad", just saying there was nothing wrong with that sentiment... :)

Yeah, I figured that already :)

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:25 am

Oh my god, Archer season 5 may be the greatest thing ever.

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:08 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:Oh my god, Archer season 5 may be the greatest thing ever.

Totally, I'm sad they're apparently going back to spy stuff next season

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:08 pm

Just watched the second episode last night. I about died at "Coke-ie Monster"... :lol:

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat May 03, 2014 10:11 pm

Well, went and saw Amazing Spider Man 2. Really enjoyed it. I'll let you guys get the flaming out of the way now. :)

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat May 03, 2014 10:48 pm

It's probably the best Spiderman movie so far. I think if they had erased Harry Osborne completely it could have been much better. I mean really, your father was working on a cure for the disease that he died of... in his 60s. He just went from calm to batshit crazy way too fast.
i before e except after a few beers

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun May 04, 2014 1:25 am

I dunno, I kind of wrote it off to pampered-but-messed-up-childhood+fatal-disease-at-20-makes-Harry-a-dull-boy. Plus, Harry seemed to be dying from it much more quickly, I guess? You are right though, he did go from 0-to-60 on the crazyometer pretty quickly. Loved that moment with the kid and the wind turbine experiment.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sun May 04, 2014 1:31 am

One thing I wondered about... and spoilers for anyone reading...

In the first movie they establish that the web fluid for his shooters is purchased from Oscorp, who make it with the mutated spiders. This is never referenced again, otherwise someone at Oscorp might have put 2 and 2 together and wondered why this one kid was ordering it all.

The issue I have though, is that in the latest movie, all of the spiders have been destroyed... So where does that leave Spiderman?
i before e except after a few beers

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sun May 04, 2014 10:06 am

Sometimes I like to pronounce Spider-man as Spiderman, like a last name. Goldman, Freeman, that kind of thing.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun May 04, 2014 12:54 pm

pablo banquo wrote:One thing I wondered about... and spoilers for anyone reading...

In the first movie they establish that the web fluid for his shooters is purchased from Oscorp, who make it with the mutated spiders. This is never referenced again, otherwise someone at Oscorp might have put 2 and 2 together and wondered why this one kid was ordering it all.

The issue I have though, is that in the latest movie, all of the spiders have been destroyed... So where does that leave Spiderman?

I'd forgotten they established that. I'd just assume they came up with a synthetic version or something, I guess..?

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Tue May 06, 2014 5:51 am

Bag of Ass wrote:Sometimes I like to pronounce Spider-man as Spiderman, like a last name. Goldman, Freeman, that kind of thing.

Also Superman, Batman, etc. I think this is a viral thing. I know the Yogscast have been doing it for a while.

One small step for mn, one ... giant leap ... for mnkind.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Sun May 11, 2014 3:48 pm

Minnesota?
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun May 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Psh, everyone knows Minnesotans aren't people.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon May 12, 2014 8:05 am

Except Garrison Keillor anyway, he's awesome.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Mon May 12, 2014 11:18 am

Also the Wits guy.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Return to “Shallow Thoughts”