New Trip :-)

Word of the day. Post of the year. Crime of the century.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon May 07, 2012 4:01 am

Agreed, Cat and I both got a huge kick out of that invite. The MadLibs RSVP was pretty much the best. :D She loved that pic on the front, especially since she's almost more of a Zelda nut than I am. But yeah, unfortunately, $4600 to get the both of us there would be a bit much even with quite a bit of advance notice... :?
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Mon May 07, 2012 12:20 pm

She spent forever doing that Zelda picture. Originally it was a screenshot from a speedrun she found on youtube. Then the bride was a princess she recoloured and the groom was some other sprite that she almost completely reworked to have a tuxedo. Then she grabbed a ring icon from wow and put it in the item box and changed the key, rupee and bomb quantities at the top to read out as the wedding date!

In other news, we just got word that the bridging visa went through and though she isn't classed as a resident yet, she can now get a job.
i before e except after a few beers

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue May 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Okay, filled out the RSVP. Kudos to you if you can figure out what I'm saying without having to look anything up.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:19 am

Shouting out, if any of you guys were interested in sending a short congratulations to be read out at the wedding, send them to pobblebonkers@yahoo.com . Still a few weeks before the wedding so it should be plenty of time.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:39 pm

Can I mention us sleeping together?

Also, I hope we can meet up while you're in Texas. Can even put you guys up for a day or two if need be, although I imagine you have accommodations in Houston.
I will try not to be as socially awkward as before. No guarantees.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:46 pm

DETAILS

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Ah yes, good times. Plut joined me for part of that first trip around the US. My first leg of driving on the wrong side of the road was in a rented Prius with her, going from her place near Houston to Donaldsonville, Louisiana. The guy I knew there from the guild was the son of the mayor and his mother ran a Bed and Breakfast, so we got a half price room. http://www.the-victorian-on-the-avenue. ... onRoom.asp
They refurbished a lot of the old furniture themselves, I believe at their house they even had an old slave sleeping quarters. Good barbecue too.

Anyway, guy brings me out to some nightclub for a couple of hours, disappears with a girl for some time and by the end of the night I'm completely exhausted and just wanting to sleep. By the time he turns up again and takes me back to the B&B, plut is already asleep on one side of the bed. I believe I woke up in the morning just reeking of cigarettes, despite not smoking myself. I can't remember if I apologised for that or not.
As for being socially awkward, did you ever get what you wanted from that voodoo store?

I'd like to meet up again while I'm in Houston. I've managed to whittle down my time at her parents house to about 5 days or so. Plenty long enough to stay at a place where the only bed we have to sleep on is an ancient kids single bed. I believe we're going to be hitting the Scarborough Renaissance Fair on the 10th or 11th November.
Maybe we can organise to meet up for lunch and minigolf on one of the other days? I was really hoping to make more time to go see some of the other cities in Texas but I've already crammed so much into the first 2 1/2 weeks. :-/
Any Australian candy I can smuggle in?

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:04 pm

When will you be in Houston? I think our plan for this summer includes a whopping one day in the Houston area (specifically Katy), and it would be cool to meet up.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:37 pm

I thought the Scarborough Renaissance Festival already happened?

Also, pab, don't forget about your friend hitting on the waitress at Outback by regaling her with stories of beheading a snake with a shovel.
I do not recall needing a voodoo store but instead looking for a palm reader for fun and frolicking.
I'll let you know about the Australian candy.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:30 pm

It would be better if he tried to regale her with tales of adventure in lieu of a tip. Or paying at all.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:09 am

Oh, maybe it was a different renaissance fair then? I can find out.
Plan is to arrive in Houston from Vegas on November 7th and I'm flying home November 12th. Not much chance of a crossover if you say you're going to be visiting in summer. I wish I had the time to stop in California again, it's always great to see you guys. I can show off my own Texan too!

Plut, I recall you looking for a particular store that you'd been to before because they sold out of a certain shirt you wanted? maybe? Don't remember him trying to pick up the waitress, though it wouldn't surprise me, he seemed like kind of a douchebag.
What I DID remember about the Outback was that nobody knew it was ANZAC day. It wasn't even marked on their calendars. That's the most hallowed day of the year. I believe he tried to get us free drinks based on that fact too, also shot down.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:42 pm

1 week to go before we fly out!

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:33 am

TONIIIIGHT

Return to “Shallow Thoughts”