SHORT NOTICE (SORRY) FORUM DOWNTIME

Word of the day. Post of the year. Crime of the century.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Rob
Oh yes.

SHORT NOTICE (SORRY) FORUM DOWNTIME

Postby Rob » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Really sorry for the short notice - we have work being done on the house and suddenly we're going to need to kill the power for a while. I'm going to take the opportunity to move the VM that the forum lives on to another machine, when the power comes back on.

This should all happen during the evening tomorrow (GMT, Tuesday 6th Nov). I don't know how long it will be down for but everything should be ticking over again by Wednesday lunchtime (GMT).

I don't really have any swishy ways of contacting you all if things drag on, but hopefully that won't be necessary anyway...

Cheers!
Rob
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:41 pm

..and breathe....

you're now all living in my new Mac Mini. Along with another couple of little universes. How awesome.

The power will need to go again at some point before the weekend and as soon as I know when I will warn you. It's only going to be a 20-minute or so job though so it might just be a case of it being unavailable without notice for a short while.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Hey, don't worry old hoss. And we all used to go on a bit. :)

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:51 am

Speak for yourself, doggers. I have always been the very soul of the short, snappy statement. The very model of a sharp, succinct speaker. One who is nothing but brief and to the point. Someone who is exceptionally breviloquent. A concise companion. A pithy pal. Compact, compendiary and compendious. You would never catch me prattling on when something could be said in a laconic manner. Why, I'm almost terse in summary.

Return to “Shallow Thoughts”