What Cha Playing Thread v2

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Re: What Cha Playing Thread v2

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue May 24, 2016 6:19 pm

Geez, yeah. I decided to give it a go just now with a Black Knight Greatsword at +2, and I 2-shot that titanite demon I was talking about. Granted, one of those shots was a drop attack, but still. I think I'm a convert. You're right about the 50/50 thing, too. Decided to let Tarkus have his shot, and he was kind of getting whupped. I did end up having to step in.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed May 25, 2016 1:26 am

Cool, enjoy the next area. Gorgeous view ahead.

I don't have any experience with the Black Knight Greatsword (which is an ultra greatsword), but I did use the Black Knight Sword (a greatsword) for an entire playthrough and it was really good.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed May 25, 2016 9:53 am

Yah, gorgeous view of Pikachu and Snorlax whupping my ass a few times before I finally manage to get through.. :D
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed May 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Good job. How did the fight go? It's one of the best in the entire series.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu May 26, 2016 9:51 am

Haven't gotten there yet. Still farting around in the city proper. Debating whether I want to do Spooky Londo this time or not.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu May 26, 2016 12:51 pm

I ended up doing New Londo before Sen's this time. That is where you get the Very Large Ember that allows you to go from +11 to +15. I tried the Four Kings but couldn't beat them until after Anor Londo. But I did them as the first of the four major bosses because I wanted to talk to Kaathe.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri May 27, 2016 6:05 am

I didn't end up talking to Kaathe last time, but I still went with the "Screw you world, I am the new king of darkness" ending. (I think there's more to it than that, but y'know.) Did you do the Artorias of the Abyss content this time?

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri May 27, 2016 1:50 pm

Haven't done it yet but definitely plan to, since this is an Artorias build. I need to kill him for the armor set and for the Abyss Greatsword.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat May 28, 2016 10:13 am

Good luck. He's a beast.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue May 31, 2016 5:14 pm

Turns out the holy version of the Greatsword of Artorias is terrible against Artorias, despite the fact that it should be doing extra damage against creatures of the Abyss. It was only doing 88 damage to him. I switched to the Zweihander which was doing about 400 damage.

So he's dead, and I used his soul to make an Abyss Greatsword +5, complete with ninja flip 2h R2. And I bought all his armor. Time to farm for 40 twinkling titanites to upgrade it all.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:01 am

What drops twinkling besides the lizards? Alternatively, you could always spend about 320,000 souls and buy them from the blacksmith, lol.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:36 pm

Got back from Singapore and my Fire Emblem hadn't arrived, turns out one of the digits in the postcode was wrong, even though the suburb was written in correctly. :?
So now I have it in my hot little hands! Playing Birthright first, which is most similar to Awakening, will leave Conquest and Revelation until later because they are supposed to be oldschool difficult.

Also downloaded the final DLC for Witcher 3. Blood and Wine. Supposed to be even bigger than Hearts of Stone (which was fantastic) and set in a completely new region ripe with knight errants, the French and Vampires!
i before e except after a few beers

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:01 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:What drops twinkling besides the lizards? Alternatively, you could always spend about 320,000 souls and buy them from the blacksmith, lol.

The clams in Ash Lake and Crystal Cave drop twinkling titanite fairly frequently. I used to farm them in Ash Lake, but then I realized you could respawn them faster at the bonfire that gets created when you kill Seath. There are six clams just a short walk from the bonfire. Farmed up around 20 twinkling titanite last night in about 20-30 minutes. I also killed the remaining three of the four major bosses, so all that's left is Gwyn and two more DLC bosses.

Item build status: maxed Greatsword of Artorias (holy version), maxed Abyss Greatsword, maxed Zweihander, and maxed Artorias armor. Almost maxed bow of Pharis.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:38 pm

Had some unbelievable luck in Hearthstone today. Druid vs. Warrior. I went second.

Turn one: Opponent passes. My turn - Coin, Innervate, Barnes for 4 mana which summons a 1/1 Y'Shaarj. At the end of the turn, the 1/1 Y'Shaarj summons a 10/10 Y'Shaarj.

Surprisingly the opponent does not concede.

Turn two: Opponent plays faerie dragon. My turn - Barnes kills the faerie dragon. I play something for two mana, wild growth. The two Y'Shaarjs combine for 11 to his face. At the end of the turn, the two Y'Shaarjs summon a Malygos and a Fandral Staghelm. Opponent concedes.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Man, I've not played this game in too long. That combo looks incredible.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:26 am

I'm playing through Dark Souls 3 again in preparation for the DLC at the end of the month. I'm also playing Darkest Dungeon, which is pretty awesome.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:26 am

When I find out you actually *can* get a visceral attack on the reapers in Bloodborne. ^_^

The flamethrower guy can go to hell, though.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:58 pm

We finally finished our year-long playthrough of a board game called Pandemic Legacy. It's a board game that permanently changes every time you play it. You write on things, apply permanent stickers, and even rip up cards. Rules change all the time, too.

Turns out we are not very good at Pandemic Legacy! Civilization collapsed and took centuries to recover. Whoops!

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:18 am

Anyone get a Switch?

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Maybe I am talking to myself, but I got a Switch. It was surprisingly easy, just went to Target at 8am on launch day and they had plenty.

Zelda is super different than it traditionally has been.

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”