What Cha Playing Thread v2

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Re: What Cha Playing Thread v2

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:50 am

One of the best games of Hearthstone, from the recent Tavern Brawl with all the portals.

http://youtu.be/pTkb-ONnWyw

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:36 pm

Given how much I enjoyed 2 and 3, I'm really surprised at how much I just loathed the first Uncharted game. Just a badly designed, increasingly un-fun slog. The 'Upriver' chapter is especially obnoxious. I seriously don't get how they managed to polish the formula so much between the first and the second.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:08 am

Nice haul Bag! The current brawl is a bit shitty.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Yeah, I feel like most of the brawls are not great. Worth playing it for the free pack, and sometimes for the daily quests, but otherwise not that good.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:10 am

I just went Humble Bundle insane. The Floor Is Jelly, Telltale's Game of Thrones and Tales From the Borderlands, Stealth Inc. 2, Sniper Elite v2, and Puzzle Agent for $21.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:43 pm

Holy crap, I meant to dig in to the rest of the sale. I already have Stealth Inc 2 on my PS3 and never checked out anything beyond the free game.

Edit: Damn, GoT is $15 right now. I fail at paying attention to sales

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:42 am

Got my first platinum trophy: Bloodborne. Now to farm the best crap in preparation for next month's DLC.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:04 pm

Took down the Taken King in Destiny 2.0, my reward was some legendary gear that was worse than the blues I'm already using.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:47 am

Had a friend on Steam just out of nowhere gift me Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. No idea when I'll get to it, but hey. :)

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Bloodborne dlc came out. Haven't tried it yet though because I'm stuck in Texas with the wife's family.

Happy Thanksgiving?

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:24 am

So. ZombiU wants to be a fun game. It wants to be a game I could like. It's not succeeding so far. The almost utter lack of an in game tutorial is pretty obnoxious in this day and age, and suddenly being confronted with electricity-covered zombies that can teleport less than 1/2 an hour into the game, with no explanation as to whether I can or can't hit them, what their deal is, etc. makes continuing less appealing. The radar being really inconsistent about showing the location of zombies, especially during the 'defend your safe house' sequence at the beginning, doesn't help either.

Xenoblade Chronicles is gorgeous, remarkably so for the WiiU, and I'm having fun with it so far... but if the tutorial for ZombiU is short-handed, the tutorial for XC is nonexistent. No explanation of how I switch between melee and gun. No explanation of how I change my gear. No explanation of what seems to be a special attack bar across the bottom of my screen or how to change it. I kind of feel like I'm just pressing shit at random until the 'victory' cue plays.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:11 pm

I felt that way about one of last month's free PS+ games, Dragon Fin Soup. It's a gorgeous game that I really wanted to like. But it has no tutorial, the systems are unintuitive, and there were presentation issues like fonts and icons being tiny. Ended up giving up on it, but wanted to like it.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:41 pm

I beat the Bloodborne DLC last night. They added some really good weapons. I might be ready to retire my Ludwig's holy blade. Just maxed out the holy moonlight sword and the Amygdalan arm.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:59 am

Just played through the final Expansion of Dragon Age: Inquisition, called Trespasser. It takes place 2 years after the events of the main game and is more focused on your companions and dialogue than the other expansions were. Also, if you were in a romance in the main game then you can get married, even if you are a lesbian interracial couple running a military offshoot of the church.

Also I found this cool mace, which inflicts Bees! on your target. http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Cudgel_ ... Ebon_Queen

A decent epilogue to the game and I was happy that they answered a lot of the questions that came from the enigmatic post-credits scene in the main game, as well as lore in general.
i before e except after a few beers

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Re:

Postby pablo banquo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:08 am

OMGBEES wrote:At the last Hand of Fate card. The Queen of Skulls and the King of Plague were definitely the worst. Until this one.

Every time you use a weapon ability you loose a food. Every three steps you draw a new curse. Jesus Christ.

I got to this and, along with some other ridiculous encounters, am having a lot of trouble.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:47 pm

Started playing Axiom Verge. It's like a modern Super Metroid, where the main gimmick is that you get an item that lets you disrupt/corrupt certain things. You can transform enemies into alternate states, make blocks appear, and lots of other things.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:49 am

I beat the King of Scales after a very lucky round of encounters and item pickups.

Then it unlocked the FINAL boss, which sends the bosses of each suit at you all at once.
Not sure how I beat the stupid ratmen but it left me with only 20 health to face off against all 3 lizard bosses. Way too hard.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:00 am

Got given Fallout 4 for Christmas, started it last night. So far so fun.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:51 pm

Crafted my second Hearthstone legendary: Mal'Ganis. I know he's not as useful for decks as Ragnaros or Justicar, but he was just the thing to spice up my dreadsteed deck.

Clarification: the second one I crafted, not my second one altogether.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:00 am

I picked up a Justicar from a pack when Argent Tournament first came out. Really great for most decks. Unfortunately I'm pretty far behind on most other Legendaries. Still saving for the last wing of the Explorer's League.

Mal'Ganis would be a lot of fun to throw up against someone playing face, almost as good as a clutch Reno.

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”