What Cha Playing Thread v2

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Re: What Cha Playing Thread v2

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Yesterday I played game where I played Reno four times, and the effect activated every time. And I still lost. Whoops!

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:35 am

I've had games like that. Only it was a stupid tavern brawl and Tree of Life so we BOTH got healed to full.
i before e except after a few beers

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:08 pm

Had a great game of Hearthstone, my dreadsteed deck against another dreadsteed deck. I got only one dreadsteed out before he got silenced, and he had dreadsteed out with Baron so he was able to get four dreadsteeds. I got him down to 5 hp but he played Reno to go back to full health.

Meanwhile I had Kel'Thuzad, and copied it with Faceless. So his board was full because of the dreadsteeds, and my board was full because every time my minions would die, two copies of them would come back. Eventually he was able to kill both of my KTs in the same turn, so my board went back to normal, and I was able to get him back to only dreadsteeds. He got the upper hand with Mal'Ganis, which let him wipe out my board with his buffed dreadsteeds, but I had a siphon soul to take out his Mal'Ganis. He played Jaraxxus to finish me off, but luckily I had a sacrificial pact in hand so I one-shotted him for 0 mana :)

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Anima Golem must be great with all of those dreadsteeds.
Love the Sacrificial Pact on Jaraxxus.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:02 am

I have an Anima Golem in my dreadsteed deck. It is occasionally amazing, able to kill three minions plus face damage. But usually it will get removed, or it will do one thing before getting removed. I wish it was a 5 mana 8/8 instead of a 6 mana 9/9; that way I could Faceless it.

In the game described above, I never really got dreadsteeds out, so I had to play the Anima Golem with regular minions. In this case it was whatever was left one turn after I played four 4/4 nerubians via two eggs, baron, and demonwrath. He ended up killing all my stuff except the Anima Golem, by using shadowflame, so it died anyway. That's only the second time that has ever happened to me.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:28 am

So have either of you actually paid for card packs, or do you seem to be fending ok for yourselves with the free stuff?
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:02 am

Total spent on Hearthstone: $0.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:38 am

I bought a bunch of the argent tournament packs when it first came out. Other than that, no.

I haven't been able to play at all the last 2 weeks, some line issue is causing occasional dropouts and Hearthstone reacts very poorly. Half the time the game won't resume properly and even if it does, it shuts down as soon as that game ends regardless. Very frustrating.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:29 am

Has anyone tried the Witness? How is it?

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:58 pm

Finally got around to Last of Us: Left Behind. Really a sweet/bittersweet side story that explains a lot about Ellie.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Salt and Sanctuary isn't just 2d Dark Souls, but it has a lot of Metroidvania added too. And the combination is a great one.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:06 am

I finished Wizardry 7. It took me about 18 months. And I didn't even really like it.

I've started Eye of the Beholder 2 as my next game. I'm also playing Stardew Valley!

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:13 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:Salt and Sanctuary isn't just 2d Dark Souls, but it has a lot of Metroidvania added too. And the combination is a great one.

Shame it's not on Xbox at all, I really enjoyed their last one Charlie Murder.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:17 am

It'll be on pc sooner or later.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed May 11, 2016 7:23 am

I beat Dark Souls 3. Great game. About as good as Dark Souls 1, far better than Dark Souls 2. The game has a lot of fan service, callbacks to previous games. Many of them are obvious, and feel great but cheap at the same time. Currently I like it, but in time I may resent that it was a wasted opportunity.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed May 11, 2016 9:04 am

Good job!

I'm looking forward to the next Witcher 3 DLC, Blood and Wine.
Hearts of Stone was a fantastic story addition but the new one takes place in a new region, mixes up spells and adds a heap of quests.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue May 24, 2016 9:33 am

There is just that certain point in the evening where you're like "Fuck you, Sen's Fortress, I am tired of your shit and I am going to bed."
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue May 24, 2016 12:48 pm

That is a coincidence. A coworker and I have been playing Souls 3, and after we both beat it he said he was planning to go back to Souls 1. I told him I'd play it too, so I could try an Artorias build. I just did Sen's Fortress last night. I agree, it is a pain in the ass.

I got a Zweihander +15 before stepping into Sen's, and got a Greatsword of Artorias +5 as soon as I found the blacksmith who does boss weapons. I have really bad health and endurance though, because the Artorias build requires about 20 in each stat so I'm spread pretty thin.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue May 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Oof, good luck with that. That +15 Zweihander should come in handy, at least. Not a big fan of two-handing or weapons with that slow of an animation m'self, but I applaud your efforts. I'm currently seeing if I can dive bomb the titanite demon in the basement and get away with it. It is not going well.

Just saw this vid last night where this guy summoned Iron Tarkus for the Golem fight, sat there, and literally did nothing except stay out of the way. Tarkus knocked the damn Golem off the platform all by himself.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue May 24, 2016 5:59 pm

Yes, Tarkus can solo the boss, but you won't get that outcome every time. Maybe 50/50. Usually you have to help, but the biggest danger is falling off the boss arena so watch your step.

Zweihander is pretty good. I was worried about the speed, but discovered that you don't need it to be particularly fast if you are one-shotting most enemies, and staggering the rest. Jumping R2 is basically as fast as normal weapons' jump R2s are, and does a ton of damage. Jump R2 then roll away to recover stamina while they pick themselves up off the ground, because it pancakes many targets. I killed super Ornstein with it last night in about five or six hits, with Power Within.

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”