What Cha Playing Thread v2

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:21 am

I have 2 5 slot AV adapters and 4 AV outputs on my TV. As well as SV and Component, but I'm not buying all bloody new cords for everything. Cable box, 2 DVD players (Normal, All Region), Surround System, XBox, Archos, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, 3 Receivers (Satellite, Radio, Headphone). The Guncon was always hooked up to the TV, as well.
I try to keep things out of the front AV outputs because I'd have to keep the little door open all the time.
I have the big ball of wires for my speakers. I don't even want to unravel that one. However, I don't have to worry about controller cables as I only have one controller for each system, except the PS2, where I have none.
My father gave me a 14 outlet power strip for Christmas a year back and it's probably the only gift I've ever actually used.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:57 am

Just spent 2 hours trying to catch a dratini, goddam I fucking hate safari zone.
i before e except after a few beers

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:37 am

*bows before .'s audio/video configuration*

If you can believe it, I haven't bought Fire Red/Leaf Green yet. That's all kinds of strange (for me, anyway.)
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Thrillhouse
Disciple

Postby Thrillhouse » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:56 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:Anyone try X-Men Legends? I didn't pay any attention to it since most X-Men videogames these days are terrible, but it looks decent. It is like a Gauntlet or console Baldur's Gate style game with minor rpg elements (you level up, you choose powers, etc.).

My buddy rented it last night and 3 of us played it. It's a blast for Coop, but I doubt it'd be as much fun, or any fun at all for Sinlge Player. Much like FF:Crystal Chronicals.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:14 pm

. wrote:My father gave me a 14 outlet power strip for Christmas a year back and it's probably the only gift I've ever actually used.

Is it as big as a fucking house?

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:13 pm

It's about 4 ft long. It's one of those vertical ones some offices attach to the wall. I'm not attaching the ugly thing to my wall, so I just keep it behind my two stands/shelves that hold everything I want plugged in.

It can easily be used as a weapon.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:41 pm

Isn't that what you look for in gifts? The ease of which they can be converted into weapons? Or in the case of musk sticks, how best to maximise the brutality of said weapons.
i before e except after a few beers

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:51 pm

That was the flaw in getting movie gift certificates. Sure, I could watch bad movies for days, but really, I'm not adept in killing people with paper cuts. I don't have the patience.
( Now here is where Kauser should come in and explain ways of killing people with small sheets of paper. )

Oh, I just remembered what musk sticks were. *chokes on vomit*

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:30 pm

Not really small sheets of paper (more like 8.5/11), and you need a little packing tape, electical tape, or the like. There are far better things to use normally, like epoxy, but this is more or less a prison recipe I learned from an old friend. The idea is to fold the paper repeatedly so it ends up being an 8.5/1 inch piece of paper tapered on one end. Wrap it in the tape, with excess on the taper. The hardest part is finding something hot enough to melt the excess tape at the edge. Once it cools scrape the hardened tape excess against the concrete to achieve an edge and then proceed to stab someone in the throat, eyes, or other soft tissue, chances are the shiv won't last more than two whacks, so you really have to get them in where it counts.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:39 pm

. wrote:It's about 4 ft long. It's one of those vertical ones some offices attach to the wall. I'm not attaching the ugly thing to my wall, so I just keep it behind my two stands/shelves that hold everything I want plugged in.

It can easily be used as a weapon.

So if you're out looking for trouble you take your Xbox and this behemoth with you. You'd fuck some shit up with that duo.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:27 pm

I can fuck some shit up with my knowledge of geography.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:22 am

Kauser wrote:Not really small sheets of paper (more like 8.5/11), and you need a little packing tape, electical tape, or the like. There are far better things to use normally, like epoxy, but this is more or less a prison recipe I learned from an old friend. The idea is to fold the paper repeatedly so it ends up being an 8.5/1 inch piece of paper tapered on one end. Wrap it in the tape, with excess on the taper. The hardest part is finding something hot enough to melt the excess tape at the edge. Once it cools scrape the hardened tape excess against the concrete to achieve an edge and then proceed to stab someone in the throat, eyes, or other soft tissue, chances are the shiv won't last more than two whacks, so you really have to get them in where it counts.

Jay-sis.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:46 am

Square721BT wrote:I can fuck some shit up with my knowledge of geography.

With your geography and my endless bullshit we could take on the world!

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:05 am

I'm up to about mission 6 in Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War... It's absolutley awesome... There's some minor pathfinding issues when you're trying to move 70 Space Marines, 6 Predator tanks and a Hellfire Dreadnought across the map, but that's to be expected, I guess...

It's basically like I'm playing 40k again, with all the units looking like they should... Except this time I'm not crap.

:rotate:

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:22 am

I tried the demo and was very impressed with DoW. The intro was awesome too, very much captured the mood of 40k.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:09 pm

That's exactly what I like so much about the game... You can tell that Relic really care about the 40k universe.

I really like the resource system in it, anyway... You don't have to faff about with mining units and having peons whose only task it is to chip away at mines, you just capture a strategic point and whack a listening post on it... And there's actually upgrades you can get to sort out when you have too much of one resource, and not enough of another.

And I love the cries of "YOU SHALL NOT RUN" that the sergeants in your units bark out at troops whose morale is fading...

:rotate:

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:26 pm

I really want that game. I might pick it up with my next paycheck.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:31 pm

<b>Outrun 2</b>

I mean c'mon. When they say arcade perfect they mean it. Awe some.

Lobstrosity
Scientific American

Postby Lobstrosity » Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:40 pm

It just occured to me, when something is completely amazing, it should be aweful, or at least awefilling. If it's awesome, that just implies that it has some awe. Man, English is so fucked up.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:31 am

Lobstrosity wrote:It just occured to me, when something is completely amazing, it should be aweful, or at least awefilling. If it's awesome, that just implies that it has some awe. Man, English is so fucked up.

Absolutely. Not really that surprising given how much it draws from other languages. Takes all their contradictions and quirks, then multiplies them! :)

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”