What Cha Playing Thread v2

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Re: What Cha Playing Thread v2

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri May 22, 2015 11:03 pm

The couple of times I've played through Ornstein and Smough, locking on to them in that fight seems to be a pretty solid way to get yourself quite dead.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sat May 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Started two new characters. An arcane build so I can try out the various hunter's tools, and a skill/bloodtinge build that will eventually use the chikage. Gotta say that my favorite starting weapon is still the axe.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Sun May 24, 2015 12:48 am

Bag of Ass wrote:Try fighting him without locking on. That is true for any fight where the camera is wacky. You can do every fight with lock, but a lot of fights are better without. This is more true in Bloodborne than any of the previous Souls games.

I didn't see the clipping bug so I don't know what to tell you.

Don't know what is up with your controller. But I think if you L1 after a roll or a dash, it is considered part of a combo so it does the attack rather than the basic transform.

Beasts are actually weak against the saw cleaver, saw spear, and the whip form of the threaded cane. It's "serration" damage that gives a 20% bonus against beasts. So I'm not surprised you had better luck with the saw cleaver against him.

For bosses where items are important, clean out the item bar so there's only two or three items on there.

Not sure what to tell you about the art style, except that there are some foresty areas coming up soon that you may like. The statue thing is more subtle though. They become slightly different in later areas, and the differences sort of have story implications.

Thanks for the tips. Is there a place to find enemy weaknesses within the actual game?

I actually previously was using the saw spear and the trick axe, but the axe is too slow, and the spear is very very hard to use without lockon. The lunge is its good attack, and it has zero side-to-side. The cleaver is faster than the axe, but has much better horizontal spread, so it allowed me to realistically use it without locking on. It also interrupts every two hits, which is an important fact in this game.

For the blood-starved beast, I was running with oil urns, molotovs, antidotes, and fire paper in my bar. In retrospect, I could have probably cut the oil and the molotovs. The antidote issue, however, still remains. I miss being able to realistically manipulate my d cross with my thumb nuckle while steering the left stick. I do think the PS4 controller is more comfortable to hold, although I'm kind of suspicious of the touch-pad controller. Not sure how they're going to do anything useful with that.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sun May 24, 2015 3:03 am

Not sure if there are published weaknesses in the game, except it does say when something does extra damage to "beasts" and "kin" type enemies. But in general:

Beasts are weak to fire and serrated weapons.

Kin are weak to bolt. Also in my experience it seems like they are strong against normal (i.e., slashing) damage, so use thrust.

There are also neutral enemies not classified as beast or kin. Like humans maybe?

Arcane is pretty good against most things.

If you like the saw cleaver, try R1 L1 then step back and L1 to go back to normal. The transform attack is a wide sweep that does a lot of stagger. Good against groups too. If you R1 R1 L1, the sweep will go the other direction. I don't have much experience with the saw spear but I thought the untransformed mode was basically the same as the saw cleaver.

I sort of like the threaded cane. I used its whip mode to cheese Gascoigne's first two phases by outranging him through tombstones. Wolf phase was more problematic, but nothing molotovs couldn't fix.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon May 25, 2015 3:07 pm

Ever feel like co-op? There's a thing where you can enter a password, and it tries to link people with the same password together. I have a character around level 80-ish, one at 40, and one around 25. And with the latest patch out today, they made it so the password matching removes level restrictions.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05/25/ ... available/

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Tue May 26, 2015 2:53 am

Yeah that could be fun. We should try it out at some point.

I'm thinking of trying to delete and reinstall the game, I'm wondering if something Went Wrong and that's why I'm having trouble.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue May 26, 2015 3:52 am

Cool, let's set a time/date when we could try. In the mean time let's figure out how to do this password thing and pick a password. What level is your guy? What area is he in?

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Thu May 28, 2015 9:27 am

Have been playing Sniper Elite V2 a fair bit, as 360 freebies go it's a good one.

I'm on a massive losing streak in Hearthstone, keep losing to either paladins or bloody warriors that play like paladins. Hateful and no fun to play against.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun May 31, 2015 8:00 pm

Gods help me, I think I'm getting sucked into Kerbal Space Program.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:Cool, let's set a time/date when we could try. In the mean time let's figure out how to do this password thing and pick a password. What level is your guy? What area is he in?

Sorry that I haven't gotten back to you. I've either been out late dating, or going to bed early to recover.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:09 pm

dogmeat wrote:Have been playing Sniper Elite V2 a fair bit, as 360 freebies go it's a good one.

I'm on a massive losing streak in Hearthstone, keep losing to either paladins or bloody warriors that play like paladins. Hateful and no fun to play against.

There's a few combos that can kill you in a single turn right now. The warrior one is the warsong commander/grim patron combo. There's also the Druid Force of Nature/Give all your creatures a bonus thing, and the Paladin Muster for Battle can be pretty strong, plus they're so good at wiping the board. and there's the dragon deck which can pull out a lot of bombs relatively quickly.

It hasn't been a ton of fun for me lately either. These "you lose in 1 turn" things are dull, because it comes down to a lot of luck. Do I have the card that counters your combo before you get your combo? If yes, I probably win, because most of those combos weaken the decks they're in; if no, then I lose, because it kills in a turn. Blah.

Kind of hoping that they give Abomination a bonus so that it does three damage, but I doubt it. The MO right now seems to just come up with better and better one-turn kills.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:52 pm

OH MY GOD rescuing Kerbals from really low orbit is literally the worst.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:20 am

OMGBEES wrote:Sorry that I haven't gotten back to you. I've either been out late dating, or going to bed early to recover.

No problem. Go. Date. If you do still want to eventually try Bloodborne with me, I'll be here. Although my two new characters may have outlevelled you by now. But we'll figure something out.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:02 pm

Hey, you remember that time you spent the better part of an hour trying to get a satellite into a very specific orbit only to realize you've got it going in the wrong direction?

No?

Just me?

Ok then.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:10 am

I'm back on the Masterchef Saga, Silent Cartographer is still awesome even now.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:18 pm

I finally saved up 1600 dust, after disenchanting some gold cards I had. Is it finally time for a Dr Boom?

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:17 am

Dr. Boom, Ragnaros, and Sylvannas are generally recommended as your first three. Personally I would recommend them in that order.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:27 am

Yeah, I built a Dr Boom. He actually doesn't fit well into my favorite decks, but for the rest he is pretty cool. I've had Sylvannas for a long time but don't really use her all that often. I typically prefer Loatheb or Emperor over her. Ragnaros is pretty good though, I guess I'll aim for him next unless there is a better choice in the next expansion. I'm starting to save up gold for that.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:09 am

I finally beat Nefarian with my priest deck. Got really lucky with the card draw as I'd tried about 20 times without any luck.

Started on Rare Replay, it's fantastic. Though Jet Force Gemini has probably aged worse than all the original Spectrum games on there.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:07 am

The free pack that I got from Tavern Brawl had two rares, a golden rare, and a golden epic (Doomhammer).

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”