World of Warcraft: Citadel of What? I Forget...

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Eolh
Serious Business

World of Warcraft: Citadel of What? I Forget...

Postby Eolh » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:40 pm

Alright, fine, I'll do it. :)

Who here is going to be playing WoW, and who is interested in maybe doing a CoT guild of some sort. I know from my own experiences that I have a lot more fun playing with people I know and talk to outside the game.

There are a couple of decisions to make if we do this, like do we play as Horde or Alliance (it might be difficult...or ironic...to make a guild called the Citadel of Truth as the Horde...).

Also, do we play on a PvE or PvP server? They offer vastly different styles of play. I'd imagine the the more experienced here (n_i was in the beta for awhile) could answer any number of questions regarding gameplay that he hasn't already covered in the What Cha Playing thread.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Token
Buy EA games; they are great?

Postby Token » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:54 pm

I'll be playing WoW for sure, but won't be joining a guild, at least not anytime soon. Most likely will be playing PvE.
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Smokin_Jayz
Secretary of Debauchery

Postby Smokin_Jayz » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:56 pm

After my exams in December I plan to purchase the game. So...yea.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:10 am

I'm pretty flexible at this point. I know I'm going to make another gnome engineer on a Mountain Time PvE server (provided the servers are set up in the same way the beta ones were) with some co-workers, but also kind of want to make a hunter (Tauren, most likely.) I can just as easily make a dwarf or human hunter, though. I'd go for PvE over PvP, but once again I'm flexible. So, we should try to decide on a faction/timezone/play style, and hopefully pick a server from that.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Zsinj
I <3 Lions

Postby Zsinj » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:38 am

Said it before and I'll say it again, playing Horde PvP with TTB.

Lethe
Colonel Catfork

Postby Lethe » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:37 am

I'm most likely going to be playing on the Mountain Time servers. Since N_i is also interested in that, maybe we can make that a "group decision" (tm)?

Token

Postby Token » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:08 am

I'd be down for Mountain. Don't so much care really... though Pacific would obviously be my first choice.
I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system.

Smokin_Jayz
Secretary of Debauchery

Postby Smokin_Jayz » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:31 am

Pacific! But yea I don't care...what does the timezone do with the game? correspond time of day in game to real life time of day?

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:48 pm

Since I'm in Central, and it seems that a few of your are in Pacific, Mountain would probably be a good compromise.

Good question though, what does the timezone mean? My guess is it's probably just server location.

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:19 pm

N_I have you made a decision on whether or not you'll be playing right away? Or are you gonna wait until after the holidays?

How bout you Lethe?

Token

Postby Token » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:23 pm

Indeed it is server location.

I'm not sure if the decision has been made yet, but I wouldn't scoff at playing on the Central server. I've got some friends who will be playing on that one who I wouldn't mind fucking around with. Don't make me choose between you and them!

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:14 pm

I just bought a copy of WoW. The Mother Fucking(tm) time cards, however, won't be out until next Tuesday. So, if I can't use my free month without a valid credit card or time card, I'll start playing next Tuesday.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:16 pm

Did you get the Collector's Edition? If I wanted the game, I would get it because I think having a Mini-Diablo is super cool.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:36 pm

There was some talk of there even being an Australian server. Well, a server on Australian time, anyway. It would still be in the US.

I might even play this one at some point.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:06 pm

I almost bought the Collector's Edition. I wanted a panda for a pet. Then, I noticed that it was $80.00. Since I've already spent way too much this month (DS), I settled for a normal copy.

Smokin_Jayz
Secretary of Debauchery

Postby Smokin_Jayz » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:14 am

So, if we're all going to be playing together, let's start talking about race/class.

I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of a night elf hunter or druid. Or some form of gnome warlock or something perhaps.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:28 am

I will be a gnome rogue miner/engineer. That is set in stone. I had a lot of fun with that combination in the beta, and want to try it out further. I will probably also be playing either a human or tauren hunter skinner/leatherworker, because I want to have a pet.

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:26 am

So it sounds like, generally we're going to be playing the Alliance. I'm more than likely either playing a Priest or a Paladin in that case. Most likely Human.

Token

Postby Token » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:41 am

Pretty sure I'm going to go with Night Elf Priest, but was also thinking maybe Rogue or Druid of some variety. Who knows.

Lethe
Colonel Catfork

Postby Lethe » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:44 am

Ok, here's my status:

I'm playing right away.

I've got a Troll Shaman on Kel'Thuzad, which is a mountain time PVP server.
I've got a Night Elf Druid on IceCrown, which is a mountain time PVE server.

I dunno if you guys want to go PVP or PVE but if we're doing Alliance (which it sounds like we are?) Icecrown would go nicely for me. I'm not opposed to making an Alliance character on a PVP server, though. I just wouldn't mind having less than 4 characters I'm working on. :P

The MST and PST servers went down today so I created an Undead Warlock character on some Eastern server; I'm having loads of fun with that character but I'm not sure I'll keep playing it.

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”