World of Warcraft: Citadel of What? I Forget...

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:53 am

Pimp your mount, basically.

Take your mount into a shop in any of the major cities and lower it / add flames:

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:09 pm

pablo banquo wrote:Can't access it from here. Gimme the gist.

http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/04/01/pimp-my-mount/

Didn't the US do the same then?

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:57 pm

No I mean that I can't access a lot of sites while I'm on the rig. WoWinsider among them.
i before e except after a few beers

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:41 pm

Egads! Do they have a draconian webfilter in place then?

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:33 pm

On the public terminals, yes. The new wireless network hasn't got any filters on it. It's also been down for a week now, so that's not very useful.

Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:49 am

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/04/h ... le_sea.php

I kinda wish I played WOW now ... this is the type of situaltion where you could be a total greifer and laugh about it for months.

I mean you could hit up that server, kill a bunch of critters and seriously piss off some hippies.

*sigh*

If any of you are board and pull something like that off I will totally bake you a cake.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu May 28, 2009 5:24 am

Wow. So, that's what Blizzard's been working on? New paint jobs for the tauren and night elf druid cat & bear forms? ... Yeah, I can totally see why people still pay for that.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Thu May 28, 2009 5:33 am

Man, they just released a new raid dungeon. That seems unfair.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu May 28, 2009 6:10 am

Mmmm, possibly. I personally am not impressed by the idea of a new raid dungeon, but that's a whole other discussion... but so long as regular players are happy with it, hey whatever.

... I really need to learn to reign in my cynical knee-jerking.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Thu May 28, 2009 6:31 am

What would you be impressed by? I mean, they're doing an expansion pack a year.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu May 28, 2009 6:51 am

I should be clear; there's little they could do to impress me at this point. It's not a matter of my being disappointed by the content, necessarily, but more that I became disenchanted with the game some time ago. One more raid dungeon might as well be an Onyxia run for all it means to me. One more expansion pack reaches about the same level of significance. It's laudable that they've put out an expansion yearly so far, but honestly I think they're going to run into a brick wall story- and / or practicality-wise sooner rather than later.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Thu May 28, 2009 9:42 am

Why? MMO's are easily expanded. They've pretty much been designed that way. WoW is zoned, so it's easy to just add some blades and put your new zone on there. The story in WoW is not particularly interesting, or important, and they've been willing to retcon it willy-nilly in the past if it helps them get some new piece out. So I don't see why it should hit any troubles anytime in the near future. The only worry Blizard should have is eventual boredom, but it's going to be a while for even that to grind them down from total world dominance.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Thu May 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Yeah, there's been a bunch of stuff lately. Ulduar, dual spec, in-game equipment manager, Argent tournament, not to mention their constant class balancing for pvp and pve.
Not really fair to get nitpicky that they added some new textures which they've said before are quite far down the "when we get around to it" conveyor belt.

Saying that, I've been playing it with my girlfriend who insists on finishing up those quests in BRD and LBRS now that we've hit 61. Kinda burnt out on it for now. Oh, she also wants to grind more characters to 60 while the recruit a friend triple xp thing is active. I can see the point behind that but it really isn't appealing.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Thu May 28, 2009 3:05 pm

after watching deadliest catch marathon on monday, i just want a bering sea crab fishing MMO SO BAD
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu May 28, 2009 3:09 pm

It'd have to be "hardcore" though Diablo II style, where you lose your character permanently if you ever die. Only then would it be "deadliest."

GOOR
hey

Postby GOOR » Thu May 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Found an old video with a few of us kickin' butts. It's like a time capsule!

http://vimeo.com/4889903

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Thu May 28, 2009 9:26 pm

Goddamn, that's a blast from the past.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu May 28, 2009 10:21 pm

I'm glad no one died during that video, though Nixe came close when we moved to get the adds after the boss. I like how I was fighting bosses in dps gear (Lionheart, Cloudkeeper, Reaper), which seems foolhardy in retrospect but dammit it worked back then.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri May 29, 2009 6:32 am

OMGBEES wrote:Why? MMO's are easily expanded. They've pretty much been designed that way. WoW is zoned, so it's easy to just add some blades and put your new zone on there. The story in WoW is not particularly interesting, or important, and they've been willing to retcon it willy-nilly in the past if it helps them get some new piece out. So I don't see why it should hit any troubles anytime in the near future.

The story as-is isn't important, no, but the fact that there is a story there, well, is. I just don't think they can do too much more of that shoehorning before they jump the inevitable shark; I could be wrong, though.

For me, I could not play at the times necessary to participate in any but the most minor of the endgame stuff, which is why another raid dungeon means nothing at all to me. I realize the game isn't really geared towards it, but more single-player content that was of some significance would have been nice, and would've endeared me to the game a lot more.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Fri May 29, 2009 7:49 am

All MMO's, ever, hit an endgame cap. Having played several, WoW has a lot more SP going for it than I'm pretty sure anything else. You want to see something with very little meaningful single player content? Try City of Heroes/Villains. And it only has one "raid" at the end!

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”