World of Warcraft: Citadel of What? I Forget...

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri May 29, 2009 2:47 pm

OMGBEES wrote:All MMO's, ever, hit an endgame cap. Having played several, WoW has a lot more SP going for it than I'm pretty sure anything else. You want to see something with very little meaningful single player content? Try City of Heroes/Villains. And it only has one "raid" at the end!

You mean very little raid content.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Sat May 30, 2009 1:10 am

Yeah, Hammidon is barely a raid, and there's only the one. And getting up to fifty, there's not a lot of content. There's a fuckload of the same missions copy-pasted onto the same maps. It's kind of frustrating.

Although with the new user-made mission designer, that may have changed.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat May 30, 2009 12:54 pm

GOOR wrote:Found an old video with a few of us kickin' butts. It's like a time capsule!

http://vimeo.com/4889903

Wow, oldschool. I just did this boss a few nights ago. Pretty much just destroyed him.
Watching that I noticed a few things missing from the current UI, like target of target and dot durations.

My gear was so bad back then, Timeworn mace was probably the best thing I had until the urine sword I got from ZG. I had those stockade pauldrons forever, too.

TMCM, they've changed a lot of the dungeons now to be linear and short to cater for people with no time. There's even more single raid bosses in instances, like Sartherion, Malygos and those winterspring bosses.
i before e except after a few beers

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Does anyone here still play WOW? Just wondering.

Addendum: ahh the memories.

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:08 pm

I bet goor might still play. Nobody else though I don't think.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Quieno
Disciple

Postby Quieno » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:26 pm

I think Hath said she plays a little...very little.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 pm

I played a couple of times when I was last at home. Some people even said hello. These days, DS is doing pretty well. http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/bloodscalp/rating.ach

I actually was playing with the American girl I was going out with, did the recruit a friend thing. So now I have a level 65 paladin on some server where I don't know anyone. But he has a zebra mount. yay me.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:06 pm

I don't play at all 'cause the boy is almost on to his 5th level 80...
WOW is his crack. Still, at least he's not actually on crack.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:59 pm

OMGBEES wrote:WoW has a lot more SP going for it than I'm pretty sure anything else. You want to see something with very little meaningful single player content? Try City of Heroes/Villains. And it only has one "raid" at the end!

Tried it. The single player didn't impress me there, either. City of Heroes was honestly the quickest I've been "Yeah... meh" towards a game in a long time.

Honestly, of all the MMOs I've tried so far, EVE seems to have the most potential for a single player to succeed on his / her own, even if it would be an extremely slow burn. It will be interesting to see how the Star Wars and Star Trek mmo's handle SP.

TMCM, they've changed a lot of the dungeons now to be linear and short to cater for people with no time. There's even more single raid bosses in instances, like Sartherion, Malygos and those winterspring bosses.

That might be interesting, but I'm so far removed from the game now that I've got no real interest in getting back into it; the thing is, too, that most of my problem revolved around being on at the wrong time, not having "no time". Plus, my limit is definitely one MMO at a time, if even that.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:26 pm

dogmeat wrote:I don't play at all 'cause the boy is almost on to his 5th level 80...
WOW is his crack. Still, at least he's not actually on crack.

You have a child?

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:14 pm

OMGBEES wrote:You have a child?

My other half does from her first marriage, yes. 18 year old lunk who plays WOW and not much else.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:19 pm

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:20 pm

looks shitty

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:32 pm

That was a really bad promo trailer by Blizzard standards.

Cool that a couple of lore things are being tackled though. Opening up the gates of Gilneas and the return of Deathwing are pretty damn cool.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:39 pm

dogmeat wrote:WOW Cataclysm... Ooh.

HOLY SHIT

THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE WOW

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:22 am

Looks like they're shaking things up a bit in the classic WoW areas. It'll be funny to be flying to heroic deadmines with a gnome priest...

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:44 am

I'm interested to read about what they end up doing to revamp the Onyxia encounter. My first Onyxia time taking her down is one of my favorite gaming moments ever.

WoW actually has quite a few of my favorite gaming moments...

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:05 am

Onyxia deep breaths more in this patch.

Ahhh, the classics never die. I read that Ragnaros is going to be attempting to burn down the world tree in Mt Hyjal now. So lame.

Also, they're homogenising a lot of the item/character stats (removing def, attack power, mp5 etc.) and revamping talent trees to get rid of a lot of the passive bonuses. Hunters no longer have mana.
OH OH OH. WARLOCKS DON'T HAVE TO STORE SOUL SHARDS IN THEIR BAGS ANY MORE. OH SHIT!!!

Man, I played this game once in the last month, and I won't be playing it in the next month either.

For those that are interested, DS is now the #1 guild on Bloodscalp, the only one to kill Vezax on hardmode. They're not too fussed about it, seems there's only a couple of guilds still attempting the hardmodes.

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:58 am

DS is the kind of guild that really benefits from the focus on harder content that requires less people, I think. They always had a really great core of ~15 amazing players, but could never solidify the grunts.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:12 am

Yeah, back then maybe. They've tightened up since then. For one thing, they wouldn't be downing these hard modes with the same old chuckleheads in the raid.
Did I mention that Luckycharm didn't play on Bloodscalp at all since the day they demoted her from raiding. Just because they didn't think she was up to par. Harsh.

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”