World of Warcraft: Citadel of What? I Forget...

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

GOOR
hey

Postby GOOR » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:47 am

It only took 'em what, three years? Harsh!

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:48 am

I finally cancelled my subscription. I have until 31st January until it expires.

Not sure yet if I'll come back for Cataclysm.
i before e except after a few beers

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:07 pm

Mine runs out around Christmas Eve. Doubt I'll bother myself. Never did get to 80, the boy did with 5 toons though.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:38 am

It was still a good timewaster when I had time to spare. I got my main character exalted with the gnomes for the jousting contest, which is all I really cared about for that.

Other than some of the single serve instances (new Onyxia, Malygos and the stupid Wintergrasp bosses), I haven't raided since I first hit 80 over a year ago. Still wearing stupid level 70 Blue Suede Shoes from Hyjal. :-P

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:40 pm

Supposedly Cataclysm is being released on November 2nd. I'd already preordered my copy so it'll be waiting for me when I arrive home from the rig.
Issue: I was planning to head back to the US for my time off in November. So if I don't get on it while I'm over there, it'll be after Christmas by the time I do get to play. :-/

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:44 am

I reactivated my WoW account. It was good to see some of my old guild members again. I haven't played it all that much though, not really much to suck me in without raids.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:43 pm

I've been playing much more since patch 4.0 hit. That's the one that revamped almost all of the old world. Things look better, questing is much more streamlined and fun. If you want to run a dungeon now you click on the LFG button, click on a dungeon in your range (or choose a random one) and what your role is. The server will find you the rest of your group and teleport you into the instance. All of the quests start once you get inside.
If you get some bad people in a pug you can vote to kick them.
Then once you're done, it teleports you back to where you were questing before.

A lot of the higher level instances have been retuned for lower levels because generally they were getting ignored once people were hitting Outland at 58. They've also split some of them up into sections, Maraudon is now counted as 3 different wings for the purposes of the LFG tool. Once you complete the final boss of an instance, if you were using the random dungeon tool then you get a random blue item. They're not always that helpful.

There are a couple of new race/class combinations out already, once Cataclysm comes out you can also choose the Goblins/Worgen too. I've been leveling up a Gnome Priest and the new discipline tree has some cool mechanics. I heal people for the same damage that I do to mobs when I use smite. I've gone through whole boss fights without having to cast an actual heal and kept everyone at full health. :-)

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:42 am

Question: Are warriors still awesome?

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:15 am

Pretty awesome, yeah.

Oh, yesterday I ran a couple of groups of Dire Maul: Warpwood. The one where you have to clear out the 5 pylons then kill Immol'thar.
Basically, half of the people in the groups had never even seen the instance before.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:02 am

Kind of wish I was still playing, the changes made to druids sound really intriguing. Not an addiction I particularly want to fire up again, though.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:43 am

...The server will find you the rest of your group and teleport you into the instance. All of the quests start once you get inside. ...

I'm sorry and maybe it's just been a while since I really MMO'd but christ that system seams way too convenient and impersonal. And I always thought WoW already seemed to impersonal a community since you can easily solo an entire career, trade on the auction and basically never interact with anyone at all.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:34 am

Yeah, that seems to be what it's heading towards. Nothing stops you from doing it with friends, I've 3 manned a number of bosses pretty handily so far.
Leveling to 60 is so much more bearable now.

Cataclysm just came out! I was about to make a new worgen character but I had to pick up my mum's car from the garage. Now I have to get ready to see Reel Big Fish vs The Aquabats! . Then I'll come home and sleep, so it looks like I'll miss the first few hours of craziness.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:42 pm

"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:31 pm

This person reached max level without killing a single enemy. Accidentally did one quest. Here's the profile so you can check the stats.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:41 am

That's just ridiculous. How long must that have taken?

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”