The FRO Thread: Special WoW edition

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

The FRO Thread: Special WoW edition

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:44 pm

Yesterday, a 36 dwarf paly asked me, while I was playing my main (40), to help him get through the Badlands tunnel into Searing Gorge. Now, I hadn't been there before, but as I'm sure most of you are already familiar, the tunnel is filled with lvl 42-45 ogre mages/warriors.

The mages I could handle without much trouble, but in regards to the warriors, I still whiff too often on them to really stand much of a chance. But, with someone healing me, I could eventually whittle them down.

So imagine my surprise when, after practically begging me to help them get through this tunnel, the 36 paly says "I've gotta go, sry" and hearths out. IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT. I wish it had occured to me to switch to cat form and use Cower, see if I could redirect the hate onto him while he was trying to hearth...

Arg. :evil: [/i]
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:15 pm

well, i finally just cancelled. so i guess WoW can FRO. though it can't really, since it was a fine game and i wish i had more time to play something like that. so i guess being too busy to justify my monthly bill can FRO
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

dogmeat
Goat In!

Re: The FRO Thread: Special WoW edition

Postby dogmeat » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:06 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:So imagine my surprise when, after practically begging me to help them get through this tunnel, the 36 paly says "I've gotta go, sry" and hearths out. IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT. I wish it had occured to me to switch to cat form and use Cower, see if I could redirect the hate onto him while he was trying to hearth...

Fuck Pallys if you ask me. Was farming Black Dragonscale again in Burning Steppes when a loladin decided he'd try to pick a fight with me and my shaman companion. I was more interested in farming so just CoEx'd him and cast Corruption on him as a warning. But no, he kept on hovering. When we both decided enough was enough, the fucker decided to run off, got him to about 10% health then his shield pops up and he flash heals to perfect health. That shield is bullshit. So yeah, I'll kite the next paladin I see without hesitation.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:33 am

Yeah, no arguments here that the shield can be a fair amount of bs.

Apparently, Blizzard decided to throw one more log on the "let's fuck with druids" pile with 1.9, which I didn't notice until tonite when I was going over the changes.

Now, apparently, any armor debuffs I get hit with while in bear form take off a percentage of my total armor as opposed to my base. My base is just over 1000. My bear form with MOTW is over 4000. So now, crap like pierce armor (which pretty much every jerkoff and their brother in Uldaman has) knocks off 2000 points instead of just 500. Yay.

I'm sure some, if not most, of you are like "well, that's only fair, too damn bad", but I'm of the opinion that druids catch enough hell in instances without being able to die more quickly. They could at least let us use Entangling Roots inside.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:16 pm

Yeah, I'm wondering how annoying pallys will be in PVP after this patch. Assuming we get it here. And we've got one druid in our guild who dies so often in MC, that we're surprised that he's still standing after we've engaged a mob. :)

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Re: The FRO Thread: Special WoW edition

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:04 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:Yesterday, a 36 dwarf paly asked me, while I was playing my main (40), to help him get through the Badlands tunnel into Searing Gorge. Now, I hadn't been there before, but as I'm sure most of you are already familiar, the tunnel is filled with lvl 42-45 ogre mages/warriors.

I thought there was something funny about this when I read it a couple days ago, but I looked at it again and realized what it was. You don't reach the Searing Gorge through that tunnel on the southwest corner of the Badlands. There's a valley on the middle west of the map, about halfway between that cave you mentioned and Kharanos. You shouldn't really be fighting anything to get into the Searing Gorge.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:18 pm

A big fuck off to 1.9 if you ask me. My UI is royally screwed. CTMod's broken. So's Shardtracker. Etc. Gah. Sooner these mods are fixed, the better. At least it means my focus is on packing tonight.

Lobstrosity
Scientific American

Postby Lobstrosity » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:45 pm

You'd think Blizzard could add new content and fix existing bugs without completely fucking up existing mods...

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:28 am

Cataclysm is probably going to sucker me in to play again, so that can FRO I suppose. It's as good an excuse as any to waste a bunch of money on a new PC too, so that's... Well, I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
i before e except after a few beers

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:45 am

Meh. I'm glad to be well done with the game. Hopefully (or not so hopefully, as the case may be), Old Republic will be good stuff.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:52 am

Yeah, I'm glad that WOW no longer has a hold on me.
Of course it helps that the boy has appropriated the account so it's not like I had a great deal of choice in the matter.

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”