The Wii Thread

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

User avatar
SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)
Posts: 5445
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:30 am
Location: Rochdale
Contact:

Postby SporkAndrew » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:44 pm

Pueblo fight?

I've just gone into the church on 1-3 and it's taken me 1 hour 51 minutes..

The bloody things just do not die so I end up taking out three or four of the zeds with the knife..

User avatar
Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar
Posts: 17607
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New House

Postby Bag of Ass » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:33 pm

Yeah, the town about ten minutes into the game.

Aeli
Pen-wielding Sex Ninja
Posts: 777
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:34 am
Location: oklahoma

Postby Aeli » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:05 pm

how are the controls on the wii? i don't have a wii, nor have i played one. it's hard as hell to aim with the ps2 controller, but like every other RE game, you get used to it after a while. so i can only imagine what it would be like to move playing with just your thumb and then waving your remote around. i need two thumbs at least, and maybe some index fingers.

User avatar
SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)
Posts: 5445
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 5:30 am
Location: Rochdale
Contact:

Postby SporkAndrew » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:21 pm

Ah, yeah, I was having trouble with that fight until I just went gung-ho and attracted everyone's attention. You just have to wait it out for a bit as far as I can tell..

t Aeli: They're pretty intuitive. You move around using the analogue on the nunchuck and just point at what you want to fire at. Occasionally you'll have to waggle it around to sprint away from boulders / shake zeds off but most of the time you don't have to do any stupid waggling..

User avatar
nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!
Posts: 4734
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:20 pm
Location: Pentatonia
Contact:

Postby nobody_important » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:01 am

I finally finished filthy Super Paper Mario. Holy jumping fuck world 7 is the most annoying thing ever. Overall, I enjoyed the rest of the game (and the ending), but there's one little nagging question at the back of my mind:

[hide]So... uh... is Bowser still married to Peach? Because they don't do anything to get it annulled and both seemed like they were pretty into it by the time the game was over. A new era?[/hide]
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

User avatar
shorty
Floydian Hate
Posts: 3576
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:24 pm
Location: Mill Creek, WA

Postby shorty » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:06 am

Bag of Ass wrote:srsly me too! I played it twice and couldn't get past the Pueblo fight either time. I did find the shotgun but just as I was turning to face my enemies and equip it, this dude with a bag on his head came and decapitated me with a chainsaw.


Yep, gotta watch out for Carl. He'll do that.
A paranoid is merely someone who is in posession of all the facts.

User avatar
Gobo
drum commie
Posts: 5590
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:14 am
Location: Worries for another day
Contact:

Postby Gobo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:02 pm

nobody_important wrote:I finally finished filthy Super Paper Mario. Holy jumping fuck world 7 is the most annoying thing ever.

Which one was Level 7 again?

User avatar
Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar
Posts: 17607
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New House

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:25 pm

I think that was the Underworld level. Yeah, pretty annoying.

User avatar
nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!
Posts: 4734
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:20 pm
Location: Pentatonia
Contact:

Postby nobody_important » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:22 pm

That's the one... I despise world 7.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

User avatar
Rob
Oh yes.
Posts: 6715
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:03 pm
Location: Nantwich, Cheshire, UK
Contact:

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:14 pm

We just picked up Mario Party 8 for the Wii. We really enjoyed 4, 5 and 6 on the Gamecube so we figured we'd get 8 despite the mixed reviews. Nic's been playing it all day but I've been working and haven't had a chance to see it yet.

Other than that, it's Zelda, and Wii Sports, and Wario Smooth Moves. We haven't really taken to Red Steel and only played Rabid Rabbits for a few hours. Mario Galaxy and Resi Evil are on the shortlist, and we've been playing Bomberman, Donkey Kong Country and Mario Kart 64 on the virtual console.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

User avatar
dogmeat
Goat In!
Posts: 5093
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:52 pm
Location: Blazingsmoke, Hants
Contact:

Postby dogmeat » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:10 am

Only VC games I've bothered with are Bomberman & Super Mario World.

As for Mario Party 8, I kinda lost interest after #5...

User avatar
nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!
Posts: 4734
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:20 pm
Location: Pentatonia
Contact:

Postby nobody_important » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:43 pm

There's a really neat Monopoly-esque board in Mario Party 8... you buy hotels with the coins you've collected, and other people can buy them out from under you if they have enough money. It seems like they put a lot of work into 8, and it doesn't really feel like just another Mario Party clone.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Eolh
Serious Business
Posts: 5385
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Eolh » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:54 pm

Mario Party really shines when you have 3 real life friends who also really love Mario Party, or at least love to play games together. This is one of the issues with Nintendo's philosophy on gaming and why so many "hardcore" gamers reflexively pull away from many of their games.

Thankfully I do have friends who love Mario Party and while I think that this iteration is flawed on the mini-game level (the Wii-mote polish isn't there yet, expect 9 to be much better), its worth picking up if you like to Mario Party and you have a Wii. It is the same thinga s buying new sets of question cards for Trivial Pursuit. If your friends like to play Mario Party, every Mario Party is more or less worth picking up...unless its Mario Party 3, which sucked.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

User avatar
Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:10 am

Postby Tweeg » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:34 am

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/e307/hands+o ... 277948.php

Horrible idea for the wii ? Or best idea ever!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I picture someone really hungry coming up with this idea

Image
"He who seeks to fight trolls must take care; when you laugh at the Tweeg post, the Tweeg posts laughs at you." - OMGBEES

User avatar
nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!
Posts: 4734
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:20 pm
Location: Pentatonia
Contact:

Postby nobody_important » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:43 am

Tweeg wrote:Why do I picture someone really fucking stoned coming up with this idea


It's a mystery to us all. I'm with you, though... I'm not sure if this is the absolute worst, or very best idea I've ever seen. Couple this with the PS3 grill and you've got yourself a party.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

User avatar
Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:10 am

Postby Tweeg » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:16 pm

Wooo Sonic announced for Smash Bros Brawl. I've always tried to be a multiplatform gamer but in my heart I'd have to say I'm a fan of the big N, and knowing some hardcore Sega fans will make a Mario VS Sonic match up all that more enjoyabul. WOO

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob
Posts: 4802
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:29 pm
Location: Boston MA
Contact:

Postby hobokenbob » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:45 pm

I picked up No More Heroes because I think I remember reading somewhere here that it was a fun game?

you're wrong. time to see what kind of trade in I can get on it.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Eolh
Serious Business
Posts: 5385
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:01 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Postby Eolh » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:52 pm

hobokenbob wrote:I picked up No More Heroes because I think I remember reading somewhere here that it was a fun game?

you're wrong. time to see what kind of trade in I can get on it.

Once again you say something that makes me believe you are an idiot.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

User avatar
OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.
Posts: 6747
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:20 pm

Postby OMGBEES » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:32 pm

I'm personally worried about NMH. I played Killer 7, and gave myself a concussion against a wall...

Also, I think in most cases, the Wiimote is not a good idea.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob
Posts: 4802
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:29 pm
Location: Boston MA
Contact:

Postby hobokenbob » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Eolh wrote:
hobokenbob wrote:I picked up No More Heroes because I think I remember reading somewhere here that it was a fun game?

you're wrong. time to see what kind of trade in I can get on it.

Once again you say something that makes me believe you are an idiot.


please refer to my sig.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian


Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest