Xbox 360

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:39 am

Bag of Ass wrote:I have a question about Gamercards. How do you pick a custom avatar? When I try to change mine, I only have like 20 or 30 icons to choose from, and most of them are pretty lame.

Addendum: one more question. Is there a setting to make it automatically load to the Dashboard when you turn the system on, even when a disc is in the drive? The Wii does that, and I like it.

Addendum2: I guess there is a setting, as seen here.
New Features
* Boot to Dashboard setting will bypass the loading of any disc in the drive and open directly to Dashboard during power-on.

I bought my gamer picture. I am a total Gunslinger Girl geek. I also bought the layout.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:17 am

I was wondering how to get a custom Gamercard picture myself. I use one I got for free in a "The Reaping" pack. A friend of mine has a picture of himself and his son as his Gamer picture. Of course, now that I've said that and looked at his stuff again; it's another generic one.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:26 am

As far as I can tell you don't pick a custom avatar. You buy picture packs when they come available and use the free ones that come with games that you buy.

If you've got a Live Vision camera you can take pictures of your nutsack and use that, but that's about as much customisation that you can get, I think.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:04 pm

So I guess the one I have now is the closest I'm going to get to a turtle, huh.

Anyway! I downloaded Rez HD this morning. Does HD stand for awesome?

Answer, circle one: yes / (fucking) yes

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:29 pm

I can't wait to get home and see REZ in glorious 1080p....

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:39 pm

Alas, only 720p (stand by, trying to confirm with a link). But at least it is widescreen.

Addendum: maybe you are right. The 1up review says "full HD." I've never been so happy to be (fucking) wrong.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:35 am

It's supremely awesome. 800 points of glory.

Got the credits in one sitting. Which was nice. Unlocking all the beyond levels & boss rush is another matter.

Regarding gamerpics you take with your 360 webcam, they're only visible to those people on your friends list.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:21 pm

I can't get passed the stupid Level 4 boss. He eventually morphs into something that just keeps falling on me and crushing me. :(

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 pm

OMGBEES wrote:I can't get passed the stupid Level 4 boss. He eventually morphs into something that just keeps falling on me and crushing me. :(

Shoot the little saucer-shaped thing, above all else. You do a lot more damage quicker if you make that your priority.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:12 pm

dogmeat wrote:
OMGBEES wrote:I can't get passed the stupid Level 4 boss. He eventually morphs into something that just keeps falling on me and crushing me. :(

Shoot the little saucer-shaped thing, above all else. You do a lot more damage quicker if you make that your priority.

Yeah, I've been trying, but it's pretty tough! Is it worth it to keep going down the side-tunnels?

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:42 pm

I guess I got lucky, because he never hit me. I didn't know you could choose your path either. I just kept aiming for his center of mass and eventually he went down.

I guess one trick you could try is to do Area 1 to level up to the silver guy and then do Area 4. Or I guess you could do Area 1 until you are the nebula thingy. It all depends on how you feel about grinding, I suppose.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:52 pm

I was playing around with Rock Band last night and completed the solo drum tour on medium, and was thankful to find that it gave me the achievements for both medium and easy. I can do maybe half the songs on hard already, so I'm wondering if I should just start the expert tour so I can try to push the envelope and advance faster.

I also tried online tug of war and score matches. On tug of war you take turns playing parts of the song and sometimes you both play at the same time. On some (probably most) songs one side has the advantage of more notes. I remember one song where I got 100% but only had a 216 note streak (I guess I only got to play that many notes), and the other guy got like 98 or 99% but he had a 278 note streak, and he lost. You basically have to get 100% to win, unless the other guy makes a lot of mistakes. You really have to choose wisely when to activate your overdrive.

I was trying for the achievement for 5 wins in a row. I was at 4 wins and played the 5th song, and I was winning. And as soon as the song was over but before the announcement of the winner, the other guy fucking disconnected so as not to lower his skill level. Some people online are jerks! Luckily I won the next match and got my achievement. Then I tried some score battles. One song was the marathon Green Grass and High Tides. I was tempted to quit because I hate that long ass song, but decided to stick with it. After playing for like six mins or so I was ahead, and the other guy disconnected. This time I was thankful!

Current favorite Rock Band song: Coheed and Cambria's Welcome Home.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:06 pm

Rez is such a bad ass game.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:14 pm

One of my top ten of all time, that's for sure.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:26 pm

Is the 360 version significantly different?

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:15 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:I guess I got lucky, because he never hit me. I didn't know you could choose your path either. I just kept aiming for his center of mass and eventually he went down.

I guess one trick you could try is to do Area 1 to level up to the silver guy and then do Area 4. Or I guess you could do Area 1 until you are the nebula thingy. It all depends on how you feel about grinding, I suppose.

I didn't realize you could turn around on that one. That turned out to be the key component to victory.

I'm at the final boss now. His first form keeps blowing the crap out of me. I'll literally get there in the fifth form, and finish him in first or second. I need to work on that.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:17 pm

OMGBEES wrote:I'm at the final boss now. His first form keeps blowing the crap out of me. I'll literally get there in the fifth form, and finish him in first or second. I need to work on that.

Keep overdrives for each boss form. When it gets too frantic, let rip. You should be able to get one or two back between stages.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:27 pm

dogmeat wrote:
OMGBEES wrote:I'm at the final boss now. His first form keeps blowing the crap out of me. I'll literally get there in the fifth form, and finish him in first or second. I need to work on that.

Keep overdrives for each boss form. When it gets too frantic, let rip. You should be able to get one or two back between stages.

This sounds really stupid, but I keep falling asleep and missing the "recharge" period at the end of each form. :(

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:06 pm

Dynagrip wrote:Is the 360 version significantly different?

It is pretty much THE definitive version of the game. No jaggies, looks great, widescreen, and if you've got the hardware then it is 5.1; and it's only $10.

Also Square, I think you can turn around on all the bosses. It is just more crucial for some of them. As for the final boss, I think it just kind of mimics the previous four but there are different things to shoot at. And then it becomes a new form that has several phases.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:14 pm

Alas, I do not own a 360.

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”