End of Year List are Cool and Totally Not Lame

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:35 pm

Obsidian - Elder Scrolls games, Fallout 3, the engine for New Vegas (sort of, it's rented and customized)
Bioware - Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 (with Black Isle), Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Dragon Age
Obsidian, who used to be Black Isle - Planescape: Torment, Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas, KOTOR 2 (engine by Bioware), Alpha Protocol, Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Icewind Dale
Troika - Founded by former Black Isle people, famous for Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. Tycho described them as "the place where good ideas go to die."
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:13 pm

I have played Fallout 3 and New Vegas on those lists. That's it. I own Mass Effect but have not played it yet. I played Baldur's Gate on something, one of the consoles. PS2 or 64 or something.
Anyway, I still don't feel like I can judge those companies, I'll just have to take your word on it. I just know the Fallouts I have played have been glitchy but I learned to love the games anyway. I just obsessively save games now.

Oh, I did play the training level in Oblivion, but I don't think that's considered giving it a fair shot. Heh. The weird thing is, I stopped playing it because it felt so large and I wasn't sure where to even begin. However, I love Fallout and it's huge and convoluted too. I don't know size comparison, but I think after New Vegas I will give Oblivion a shot.

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”