CoT Fantasy Football, Season 5

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:34 pm

I'm disappointed I left Thomas on the bench, yes. But I didn't expect much production against Chicago's D.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Hyper sad.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:05 pm

Yeah, barring a very good day on my kicker's part, it looks like you got me.

Owens....!

Edit: Also HOLY FUCK your tight end.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:49 pm

whoop, made it to the championship round. This is the best I've ever done in FF before although I think this is only my third time to play. Maybe fourth.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:23 pm

Dynagrip wrote:whoop, made it to the championship round. This is the best I've ever done in FF before although I think this is only my third time to play. Maybe fourth.

seriously hope I win. I made a ton of roster moves this morning trying to shore up my RBs. I don't trust the Colt RBs going up against jacksonville. Although I'm loathe to do so, I'm going to start Sammy Morris of NE. I hope I do not pay for breaking my rule of not having any patriots on my team.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:04 am

Code: Select all

CP/AT    YDS  TD  INT
Manning    29/34    364    3    0

Thank you!

God, I hope the rest of my team plays nearly as well.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:46 pm

What a weird day for fantasy. Miel's RB got 4 TDs and Lobstrosity's QB got no points...and yet going into tonight's game she is only two points ahead. For my game against omgbees, in retrospect, I made horrible choices on pretty much all of my positions, and who would've thought the Giants would have such a crappy fantasy defense game...yet I'm only down eleven as we go into tonight's game, with one potentially heavy scorer to go. I'd like Lobstrosity to win since he never has won a season yet, so the ideal situation for me tonight would be for Aaron Rogers to throw most of his TDs to Greg Jennings, or for Green Bay to score with their RBs so that Chicago's defense scores low, while Matt Forte scores a TD or two. Make it happen, guys! Our moneyless fantasy season counts on it. For the championship playoffs, it's really up in the air, but for the consolation playoffs it's already decided (congrats to Eolh and dogmeat for winning their games).

Tobliz
Mad Zealot

Postby Tobliz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Miel hasn't won a season either, has she?

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Tobliz wrote:Miel hasn't won a season either, has she?

Yeah, she beat me in the Citadel Bowl last year.

Also thanks for the nod Bag. Colston came good, finally. So did Gates too.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:15 pm

Tobliz wrote:Miel hasn't won a season either, has she?

She's won two seasons so far, 2004 and 2007. You can check by going to the league homepage and clicking on a tab for All Time.

And speaking of Gates, did you see his one handed grab late in the game? Pretty sweet.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:58 am

Man, what a game. My guy ended up getting about 16 points, but I think the Chicago defense was able to get enough to maintain bees's lead, especially with that key blocked kick.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:48 am

I didn't realise there were consolation games. Whoops!

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:54 am

I'm glad I placed! Stupid Owens, though. MAN.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:14 pm

Congrats on back-to-back titles Miel.

Miel
And the meek shall inherit the earth...

Postby Miel » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:47 pm

dogmeat wrote:Congrats on back-to-back titles Miel.

Thanks dogmeat. Last year's win can be credited to Lob as well, he gave me his opinion every week (I usually asked for it). As for this season, the only advice I gathered from RL human beings, not stats or articles or football shows, was from Tob this past weekend. This championship game was a scrappy one. It's a case of a team playing like crap for 3 quarters and then riding on a champion for the last quarter.

For me, this season was a success the second I entered the playoffs. It's the first season where I didn't lean on someone every week for opinions and advice as well as suggestions on good players to pick up off free agency. I had a good teacher.

Congrats everyone, good season. This year was strange, with stars not doing as well as expected, injuries at every turn and needing to find high point getters in a sea of unproven talent. I love doing fantasy football with you guys. I hope we do it again next year.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:49 pm

my brother lost his championship and the 150 prize by 3 points last night, this despite having the bear's star runningback Forte and the Packers QB in the monday night game. he was super pissed!
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:12 pm

I won my league! I was happy to make the playoffs considering how my season started. I had planned on my WRs and QB being the backbone of my team but Peyton played like a mortal, Colston jacked up his thumb, and Plaxico got on his coach's shitlist. Then my RBs caught fire (thanks Thomas Jones and DeAngelo Williams for picking up Addai's slack). Peyton got better as the Colts struggled to make up ground in the wild card race and I resigned Baltimore's dominant D.

Of course, when I did get to the playoffs I really wanted to win it all...and I did.

In other words, woohoo!

Oh, I also came in second and third in my Penny Arcade Pick 'Em leagues. Wut wut.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Philly's destruction this week came at the hands of Larry Fitzgerald, who would've earned me 33 points. That's a shame though, since I was hoping the two Pennsylvania teams would go head to head in the big game.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Fitzgerald's performance yesterday will make him go much higher in fantasy drafts next season. Also Edgerrin James didn't look shitty.

I'm glad the Steelers made it again, though I guess Flacco's luck had to run out sometime.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Fuck the Steelers. And Fitzgerald would go high no matter what. he's a top 5 receiver.

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”