Minecraft

Saddo haunt, post game-over

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm not loving minecraft which is sad because

Legos are awesome and this is like a world made of them.

I was told it could feed my resource gathering bug, ala in a harvest moon enjoyable type setting and that each item helped you unlock even more items in a shepherd's crossing type of way.

You get to build a fort and who doesn't love to build forts.

I like building things in games, I get drawn to RTS games because I love building a base, I really should have been a contractor now that I think of it.

But theres just something satisifing about building a fort or a home base you know.

I loved Breath of Fire 2 because you got to build up a little town.
I loved Dark Cloud because of that.

Hell collecting all the NPCs and building up your castle in the suikoden series is my main draw to that too.

This sounded like my dream game but it just feels so ... empty.

Starting off with nothing, needing to build a shelter to survive and gathering resources sounded like a amazing time. Thats the shit that made Lost in the Blue fun.

But ... you don't get hungry. The zombies don't try and beat down you door to get yah.
The creepers look like Cactuar from final fantasy only much more penis like.

If I get bit by a zombie its no big deal.

I could be in the rain for days and it doesn't matter.

It just feels so hollow, maybe I just don't like it cause its not the way I would make this game which is sad cause I really tried to love it.

I built up a fort and had all the diamond gear and made a portal to hell and blaah biiiig woop.

The crafting in it isn't fun, I'm all for let people discover stuff on their own but its just feels so hackneyed.

Lost in the Blue had a great crafting system, and growing food and training monsters/animals is so much funner in Rune Factory / Harvest Moon.

Theres just so many elements in this game that other games have done soo much better.

As a Indie game I really respect whats been created. But the experience seems so bland to me. I guess I could always join a server and grief (woo lava bucket) for LOLz but even that would get old.

I really really really wanted to love this game :(
"He who seeks to fight trolls must take care; when you laugh at the Tweeg post, the Tweeg posts laughs at you." - OMGBEES

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:45 pm

The food thing is coming in 1.8, the release date of which will be announced on the 28th of August. That'll have stuff like NPC villages, bigger dungeons with bosses, and increase in world height limit, etc. It's going to be a huge update, which means it will be buggy for a LONG TIME.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:35 am

Tweeg wrote:I guess I could always join a server and grief (woo lava bucket) for LOLz but even that would get old.

Dick move. I would find out where you lived and arrange for awful, awful things to happen to you for this.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:17 am

That's because you made most of your house out of wood. You can hardly blame Tweeg for your poor decisions.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:47 am

Heh. One of my homes is made out of sandstone, and another is dug into a mountain behind a hidden piston door. The third is made out of ice and snow, so... it might be in a bit of trouble.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:55 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:
Tweeg wrote:I guess I could always join a server and grief (woo lava bucket) for LOLz but even that would get old.

Dick move. I would find out where you lived and arrange for awful, awful things to happen to you for this.

But Ash made it look like alot of fuuuuuuuuun

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/minec ... awp/718824?
"He who seeks to fight trolls must take care; when you laugh at the Tweeg post, the Tweeg posts laughs at you." - OMGBEES

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:22 am

Lol... oh HAWP, how I love you so.

Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:05 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLgL3t5V ... r_embedded

LOL, Kudos to this Kid for not readin wikis and actually letting a game surprise him

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:37 am

So, I run a multiplayer server. If anyone here is interested in having one to mess around on, let me know and I'll send you the info. I generally have it running from about 4pm est to 11pm or so, earlier and later on the weekend. Tuesday through Thursday is kind of screwed because of school, but I leave it up as often as I can.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:02 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:So, I run a multiplayer server. If anyone here is interested in having one to mess around on, let me know and I'll send you the info. I generally have it running from about 4pm est to 11pm or so, earlier and later on the weekend. Tuesday through Thursday is kind of screwed because of school, but I leave it up as often as I can.

Send me the info in a more permenant form. I can't find it now, and I'm not wearing pants.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:43 pm

OMGBEES wrote:
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:So, I run a multiplayer server. If anyone here is interested in having one to mess around on, let me know and I'll send you the info. I generally have it running from about 4pm est to 11pm or so, earlier and later on the weekend. Tuesday through Thursday is kind of screwed because of school, but I leave it up as often as I can.

Send me the info in a more permenant form. I can't find it now, and I'm not wearing pants.

NO NUDITY ON MY SERVER.

I sent the info to you in a pm. :)

Rob
Oh yes.

Re: Minecraft

Postby Rob » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:That's right, I went there.

First in-game day is kind of a pain. I thought coal was supposed to be common, but I haven't been able to find squat yet, which means no torches, which means squatting in a dark hole all night so things don't kill me and leaving my character near the lone hole so I don't lose track of my orientation.

This is exactly what my first day was like.

And my second.

Also, much of the third and fourth.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Hell, by the fourth day now, I've got a 10 bedroom mansion set up with a redstone-powered secret elevator... (note: not really)

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:37 pm

I've started playing a little bit again, simply as an unintended by-product of reinstalling it on a 'new' laptop as a 'quick test'. Just local survival.

I need to find some iron ore. I don't have the armour and weaponry to last too long in a long cave exploration (unless I start taking a fucking bed with me etc) so I think I'm going to just do some open-cast mining as close to sea level as I can and hopefully get lucky before I get bored or distracted...
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Return to “Nerdy Thoughts”