More news from The Land of "As Bush Pleases"

Classified, Top Secret, Burn After Reading

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:00 pm

Why?

It's like badmouthing a roomate you don't live with.

Though It is funny.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:33 pm

I was thinking more along the lines that we (north) americans have alot more reason to protest about than they do but we don't.

because we have something to loose, because we're confortable, because there's no draft, because america really isn't fighting a war, about 175,000 men and women (and their familes) might be, but it doesn't even translate into higher taxes for the rest of us who just watch it on tee vee

mostly because we're pussies.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:49 pm

Maybe the fact that people facing no consequences are speaking out on a subject is skewing your view.

A little bass ackwards.

Look at the last senate and gubernatorial elections. Things are happening relatively without protest. Political winds are changing, and eventually this whole deal will sort itself out.

I've never been a big fan of the concept of protest. It's a by-gone tool for drawing attention to something. It eventually gets picked up by the media, and then carried down the line. So in essence, it's only purpose, today, is to draw the attention of the media.

It's not like we're in Russia, where the people making waves, or reporting them, just die or disappear mysteriously.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:58 pm

maybe they face less consequences but certainly not none at all.

it's still lame that the people who do face the brunt of the consequences of this administration's follies are the tamest in their ire.

and yeah I'll grant that while all they can do is protest, we can vote the bums out. and we did! what was that one..two..no three.. no FOUR months ago and what's changed? the new congress can't even get through a non binding resolution that the president said he would have ignored anyway.

maybe i'm just not patient enough for the system to work. or maybe the people in this country have been lulled into complacency for way too long and we no longer have the backbone to do much more than whine on message boards.

but you're right about protest being nothing more than attention getting. it would only be important if there were more and harsher consequences for doing it.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:23 pm

I doubt the priests will face any reprecussions whatsoever.

I don't think 4 months is a valid time for congress to get anything done whatsoever. It's the second slowest branch of the government. Though they are idiots, abeit of a different kind. The important notion isn't that the new congress might be inept, but the fact that it has changed. It's inability to do anything right now isn't all that important. It's a sign that other things will change, which is the important thing. All the protesting, or non-binding (or even binding) resolutions in the world aren't going to change anything quickly. A part of me thinks that there are some things that just won't or can't change. For example, I don't think that even the 08 election will change the presence of US military in the middle east.

I do however forsee a more domestically oriented administration in 09.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:10 pm

so just intrinsic weaknessess in the democratic system. that's a tough thing to die over, but then alot of vietnam era widows probably already knew that.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:11 am

You're just too anti-establishment for your own good.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:07 pm

Anyone catch this?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/27/ ... index.html

This is why you never give a president LIV.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:53 pm

That Liberal Rag the Boston Globe's .com has a pretty well done op ed on the "personhood" of embryo's (blastocysts really) that are sacrificed in the creation of stem cell lines for research:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/ ... yo_ethics/

Personally my favorite analogy is this: Say you're in the waiting room of an IVF clinic and all of a sudden the fire alarm goes off. quickly the room begins to fill with smoke. In the room with you is a small child, and a cooler that contains hundreds of frozen already fertilized embryos. You have enough time to grab one to save from the fire but only one. Which would you choose?

Once you put it that way the answer seems obivous imo.

Jason Mustian

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:58 am

On the 'loss' of 5 million emails...

You have to wonder, exactly, how deep the pile is going to get before Bush, Cheney, and Rove are simply crucified on the White House lawn. THAT will be an interesting day. Much like Bill Hicks, I will chant around them, "The Elephant is dead, the Elephant is dead..."

I'm not sure Rove and Cheney can be killed by fire, though. I believe they both have a +10 to fire resistance granted them by their dark master.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:12 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:I'm not sure Rove and Cheney can be killed by fire, though. I believe they both have a +10 to fire resistance granted them by their dark master.

FR's not really a lot of use in TBC though. I think there's one instance it's any use in.

I'm hating grinding in Terokkar at the moment, getting ganked by level 70s who're on their way to Shattrath sucks balls.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:06 pm

Cast holy water on them, they'll probably burn readily.

At least my friend's couch did....

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:57 pm

Vampire couch?

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:13 pm

If only.

Lets just say, that if that couch could speak, it would be crying, and probably screaming.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:52 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:I'm not sure Rove and Cheney can be killed by fire, though. I believe they both have a +10 to fire resistance granted them by their dark master.

DR 10... cold iron negates.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:21 pm

So, Gen. Peter Pace will not be renominated for another term as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

It's been increasingly acknowledged that the Joint Chiefs, with Pace at the helm, had been a leader in steering Bush away from half-baked Iran attack schemes.

Not at all good.

Jason Mustian

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:29 pm

So maybe not entirely on-topic but Rove is resigning. I'm still trying to decide what I feel is the most likely reason:
  1. He felt that he had done the most possible damage to the American Republic as he could, and, like Seinfeld, decided to go out on top.
  2. Top GOP leaders realize that his being in the public eye hurts their chances significantly for the 2008 elections and convinced him to step down.
  3. He wants to become a campaign coordinator for a new Republican puppet, and needs time to prepare for more slimy, character assassination politics.
  4. He actually wants to spend more time with his family.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:02 pm

5. He's moving to Middle Earth to call out Wormtongue.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:57 am

6. He ran out of immigrant children to sacrifice and Satan is CALLIN' HIM HOME! PRAISE BE TO THE DARK ONE!
:)
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:56 pm

What the fuck. It can't be January soon enough.

Jason Mustian

Return to “Deep Throats”