The Climate and us

Classified, Top Secret, Burn After Reading

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:08 pm

As the article states, seals and penguins would be pretty much out of luck.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:36 pm

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 62,00.html

Interesting way to cut down on greenhouse gases. We serve kangaroo at the restaurant I work at but it's only 1 dish of the hundred or so that we have. Kangaroos are pretty easy to breed, no danger of them going extinct and they don't destroy land like the hooved livestock do.
i before e except after a few beers

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:42 pm

so what do they taste like?
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Dude in the article says, "It tastes excellent, not unlike venison - only a different flavour." So I guess gamey? Pablo and/or Bunyip, have you ever tried it?

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:41 pm

pablo banquo wrote:http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24162350-662,00.html

Interesting way to cut down on greenhouse gases. We serve kangaroo at the restaurant I work at but it's only 1 dish of the hundred or so that we have. Kangaroos are pretty easy to breed, no danger of them going extinct and they don't destroy land like the hooved livestock do.

I thought kangaroo were considered vermin in some parts of that country due to overpopulation.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:48 pm

I still haven't seen any numbers on the cow farts epidemic. I view it with a bit of skepticism.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:49 am

OMGBEES wrote:I still haven't seen any numbers on the cow farts epidemic. I view it with a bit of skepticism.

http://www.publish.csiro.au/issue/4052.htm

The CSIRO (Commonwealth Science and Industrial Research Organisation) is our National Science Agency. They do research into many different areas relevant to the country as a whole. Agricultural, mining, water conservation, climate change, Diet, communication, transport etc.
http://www.csiro.au/

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:59 am

Kauser wrote:I thought kangaroo were considered vermin in some parts of that country due to overpopulation.

Yes definitely, pretty much anywhere that you have cleared pasture land you're almost certain to find kangaroos. Been out Roo Shooting with uncles and family friends that own farms, they usually use them for dog meat though, from what I've seen.

It does taste more gamy (gamey?), but I haven't had venison in years to compare it. I might order the kangaroo for lunch today at work. I'll try to get back with my results. :-)

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:50 am

What happened to working on an offshore oilrig, anyway?

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:51 am

That sounds like one of those jobs that is also hell.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Yeah, they went with someone else who had more experience. My brother said he'd keep helping me getting a job up there though.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:27 am

I don't think I've ever had venison so I'm not sure how to compare it, but I've had kangaroo steaks and strips before at restaurants and it's pretty nice. It was maybe a bit tougher than beef and a stronger flavour but nothing bad. I think it probably takes some skill to cook well. The best kangaroo I've had was minced with a bunch of other stuff and served in lettuce leaves.

O kangaroo, O kangaroo
Be grateful that you're in the zoo
And not transmuted by a boomerang
To zestful, tasty kangaroo meringue

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:06 am

Oh, I did have kangaroo for lunch that day. Wasn't any tougher than a beef steak. Was marinated in plum and red wine jus though, so that may have contributed.
Was delicious.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 am

Venisen is pretty good but if you eat too much you can get sick pretty easilly.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:49 pm

There's been alot of recent news in this realm but no one seems to care anymore. No one? I like conversations on it but it's near impossible to find any sort of non fanatic on the internet to talk about it with.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:01 pm

I was reading in CNN that the recent disbelief, in this country at least, is in part because of political winds re-equiliberating.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:59 pm

I don't get how scientist have such a bad rap from the public lately. it can't all be anti science religious fundies - there were plenty of them around when scientists were treated like goddamn rock stars and the space shots were as big a deal as elvis.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Who knows, that could be a large portion of it. Look at religion demographics, population densities, and then realize that people will trust the pastor that baptized their children over a scientist they do not know.

Though the CNN article I was reading basically said it was because the political wind is now heavily democrat, and as such people will realign accordingly. It was interesting as a sociological theory. Basically disestablishmentarianism reigning supreme.

Return to “Deep Throats”