Iowa

Classified, Top Secret, Burn After Reading

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

dogmeat
Goat In!

Iowa

Postby dogmeat » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:33 am

So can we really draw any conclusions from the result there?
Or is it largely irrelevant? God help us if Huckabee is the Republican candidate and he gets in...

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:38 pm

I thought the news commentators were very unkind to the Iowa democrats last night. It was all along the lines of "who would have guessed that people from Iowa would actually vote for a black guy??!"
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:37 pm

I love Obama. Whenever I hear him speak I get inspired. His victory speech last night was one of his best, and I can only hope that his win in Iowa propels him forward in states that follow.

Huckabee though, that dude is fucking scary as shit. The Dems all believe that he's unelectable so they're hoping he pulls the nomination. That may be true, but even the possibility of that fuckhole being President freaks me out.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:23 am

Which one of them hates gay people less? Any difference?

I was watching an interview while in the doctor's waiting room and the interviewer was treating Hilary's campaign manager like complete shit.

(Yay Iowa!)

Huckabee's a big douchebag, though.
"My personal belief is that marriage is between one man and one woman, for life." That not only sucks for gay people, but it sounds like a threat to straight people, as well.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:53 am

I wonder if Obama would have done nearly as well if they had his middle name on the campaign posters.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:17 am

Kauser wrote:I wonder if Obama would have done nearly as well if they had his middle name on the campaign posters.

Probably not, as sad as that is for the US electorate.

Goddammit Kauser...I was feeling pretty good about people again...
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:58 am

Well, someone has to be the one to ask the tough questions.

EDIT: Though, I think the main thing that will keep him out of states like MA and NH are the pics of him during the pledge that are floating around the internet.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:03 am

Kauser wrote:I wonder if Obama would have done nearly as well if they had his middle name on the campaign posters.

Honestly, regarding states in the South, his last name is probably enough to drive off voters (its closeness to Osama, you see). Oh, and the fact that he's a Democrat. And black. Yes, yes, stereotyping. I'm sticking with it!

I've heard the Osama/Obama reference at work, sadly.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:18 pm

His Middle name is Hussein.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:50 pm

No, I know. I'm just saying that, his last name is visible and he's getting crap for it. I can't imagine, if they looked over the fact that he's Democratic and black, they'd take his middle name very well. But like I said, it seems people down here are already stuck on his last name.

I guess I should wait for the inevitable name-calling. Osama Hussein!

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:53 am

Completely missed the debates tonight. I was interested in seeing if Hillary and Edwards had filed their teeth to fine points so as to better rend Obama's flesh from his bones after trouncing the two of them pretty thoroughly in Iowa...

What's the deal with those pics, Square? Is he not holding his hand over his heart, or something?

(On a personal note, I couldn't care less if he disrespected the Pledge in some fashion; I've always found it more than a little bit creepy, to be honest, and being forced to recite it back in 1st thru 6th grade always rubbed me wrong.)
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:47 am

He doesn't do the hand over heart thing for the anthem. Pay no attention to the picture name, as the picture was taken while they were singing the anthem, not saying the pledge.

I have never (ever) held my hand to my heart during the anthem.

The pledge? Only when I was in ROTC and was actually required to do it. But there he is.

"They" say, sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't.

In other words, he's just as patriotic as any of them up there. They're stirring up crap to make up for the fact they got trounced in Iowa.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Not raising his hand for the anthem makes more sense. Though this stuff has been around, at least in my area since before thanksgiving; so I don't think it was in response to Iowa.

EDIT: the Barack Hussein Obama poster idea reminds me of the spoof ad that ran for Ralph Nader on TV, which looked like a serious ad, and then at the end you found out it was paid for by Bush and Cheney.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:12 pm

You know McCain was my guy in 2000. Boy have I ever changed since then.

I agree that the idea of Huckabee for pres is incredibly scary. But I also agree that he seems pretty unelectible.. he's just too radically evangelical to make it in the general election. Or maybe i'm just in denial on how radically evangelical the country has become. I hope not :(
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:32 am

"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:04 am

.... wow.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Deep Throats”