On the election, and stuff.

Classified, Top Secret, Burn After Reading

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

On the election, and stuff.

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:02 pm

Figured there ought to be a seperate topic for discussing the elections as a whole.

In particular, it's amazing how Clinton has, of late, managed to make me want to vote for her even less. Early on, after the decision to not seat Michigan and Florida's delegates had already been made, but before she found out that she wasn't just going to get handed the nomination, she remarked that the Michigan and Florida delegates didn't matter, but now that she's behind, she's suddenly concerned with making sure our "voices are heard." :evil: :evil:

Not to mention that she's got her lackey's out there suggesting that the results of the Michigan and Florida primaries be taken as is. She won them, of course, because she was the only one on the ballot.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:49 am

Is that stuff going to be finished before I get there? I already hear more than I care about here in Australia.
i before e except after a few beers

Miel
And the meek shall inherit the earth...

Postby Miel » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:54 am

It has only just begun...

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:32 pm

Yeah I wasn't going to vote for her anyway, but she's turned into such a D-bag that if she wins I will vote for NADER in the GE. thats just crazy talk!

Actually she probably wont win but her negative campaign style may just take Obama down with her. (joke) This is why it's a bad idea to let women into politics. (/joke)
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:14 am

Wow. Seriously, MSNBC? Obama scratches his face, and you try to play it as though he was flipping off Clinton? Really?
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:51 am

Did I hear correctly that she is running as an independant if she loses the primary?
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:10 pm

yeah if there's one thing i've learned in this presidential race it is that the MSM has become absolutely worthless as a reporting tool - and it's probably fair to say their behavior has made them a detriment to the democractic process.

thank FSM for the internet
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:29 am

Kauser wrote:Did I hear correctly that she is running as an independant if she loses the primary?

I hadn't heard anything about that. *crosses fingers and hopes she really does come under sniper fire*

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:22 pm

well thats not very appropriate. She's certainly not my first choice or even my top ten back in the days of 30 freaking people in the race, but wishing her harm is retarded.

Jason Mustian

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:57 am

And were I actually wishing her harm, instead of just being an ass, you'd be right.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Sun May 25, 2008 2:40 pm

Hillary Clinton's remarks re: bobby Kennedy - what a bitch. those clintons seriously don't know how to make a graceful exit. This is not the election for that kind of hyperbole. I haven't voiced it but if ever there was a time to be worried about another Bobbdy Kennedy, or MLK, it's this election. Hell Obama reminds me of some of Kennedy's speeches I've read and heard, and even early on in his campaign there were worries about his security. I really hope Obama becomes our president, and for Clinton to be so desperate and low to patently acknowledge one of the reasons she's sticking it out is because he may catch a bullet is absolutely inexcusable, with that kind of character, she'd make a worse president than W.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Mon May 26, 2008 1:39 am

The honest reason I can't stand her is that she believes that she is entitled to be president. Like the American people owe her.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon May 26, 2008 7:28 am

Yeah, that did bug me some, but not as much as what followed from it. She seems to have pulled this whole "woe is me" act when it became apparent she wasn't going to just get handed the nomination. Her outright lie about the Bosnian sniper thing just pissed me right off, too. I mean, yeah, most politicians lie, but not quite that badly. Her lie about that can only indicate that she was so arrogant that she actually thought nobody would call her on it.

I am also patently sick to death of Hillary supporters going on and on about how she's been so victimized by misogyny, that's the reason she's losing, etc. Yes, it is out there. And yes, obviously, it is horrible. But to claim that's a huge detriment to her when 20 FUCKING PERCENT of W. Virginians said that "color was a factor" in who they voted for makes me feel like she's on the receiving end of a lot less bullshit than he is.

It was a really low blow, too, when she said something about how she and McCain have the experience while all Obama has are speeches... wtf? Since when is praising the opposite party to the detriment of your own considered kosher?

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon May 26, 2008 7:29 am

Oh, and on a more minor note, I'd also rather not see 24 + years of only two different families in that job.

shorty
Floydian Hate

Postby shorty » Mon May 26, 2008 10:20 am

I'm just tired of having rich old white dudes as president

replace any one of those words and I'd probably be okay with the result

also: I'm unbelievably paranoid and I really don't have any reason to believe that our president won't wind up being whoever is in bed with big business
A paranoid is merely someone who is in posession of all the facts.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Mon May 26, 2008 1:36 pm

Being in bed with big business is an inevitability. Every single president will always be.

shorty
Floydian Hate

Postby shorty » Tue May 27, 2008 7:14 am

correct

the last two elections have convinced me that my vote doesn't matter

it especially doesn't matter in this state, which always votes democrat, anyway
A paranoid is merely someone who is in posession of all the facts.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Tue May 27, 2008 11:13 am

I've been voting party-line somnambulist for close to a decade now and you can see where that's gotten us.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue May 27, 2008 6:50 pm

Kauser wrote:The honest reason I can't stand her is that she believes that she is entitled to be president. Like the American people owe her.

I'd agree with that. I mean, I try to keep my vote about issues, and I already had lots of reasons not to vote for her because of that, but even if her voting record was pristine, that is incredibly off-putting.

Jason Mustian

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Tue May 27, 2008 7:34 pm

Return to “Deep Throats”