All the news. All the stinking, horrible mainstream news.

Classified, Top Secret, Burn After Reading

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

User avatar
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:52 am

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:18 pm

hobokenbob wrote:ultimately, you help douchebags who learned 3 chords get laid.


Oh gods, it's true... *ack*
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob
Posts: 4802
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:29 pm
Location: Boston MA
Contact:

Postby hobokenbob » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:54 pm

WE ARE ALL MONSTERS!
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

User avatar
nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!
Posts: 4734
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:20 pm
Location: Pentatonia
Contact:

Postby nobody_important » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:00 pm

On the bright side, you also make The Metal possible. At least you don't make guitar string winders. I lose those things with a frequency bordering on the Satanic.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

User avatar
Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg
Posts: 3779
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:10 am

Postby Tweeg » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:23 pm

hobokenbob wrote:WE ARE ALL MONSTERS!


Not me.

POP POP
"He who seeks to fight trolls must take care; when you laugh at the Tweeg post, the Tweeg posts laughs at you." - OMGBEES

User avatar
pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo
Posts: 6013
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:17 am
Location: Nantuckett

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Especially you.
i before e except after a few beers

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob
Posts: 4802
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:29 pm
Location: Boston MA
Contact:

Postby hobokenbob » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:52 pm

In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

User avatar
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:52 am

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:06 pm

"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

User avatar
pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo
Posts: 6013
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:17 am
Location: Nantuckett

Postby pablo banquo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:54 pm

That's just dumb. What happened to you America? You used to be cool.
i before e except after a few beers

User avatar
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:52 am

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:36 pm

"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:52 am

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:01 pm

2009 documentary called Home. Consisting primarily of aerial shots, it's eerie to watch, beautiful in parts, and largely about how we're killing ourselves (and others) through our selfishness. Haven't had time to watch the whole thing yet, but I encourage you to (in 720p, if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKa ... re=related

(this is actually the full film; it was released for free use.)

One of the odder tidbits I stumbled across: Dubai, a symbol in more ways than one of man's love of excess, sees almost constant sun and has NO solar panels. They have no farmland, and no sources of water that aren't a result of desalinization.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar
Posts: 17609
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: New House

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon May 02, 2011 3:19 am

So I guess Osama's dead. Only took 10 years.

User avatar
pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo
Posts: 6013
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:17 am
Location: Nantuckett

Postby pablo banquo » Mon May 02, 2011 8:14 am

Pretty sure they wanted him before the plane hijackings.
i before e except after a few beers

User avatar
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:52 am

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 am

... So is it socially acceptable to find these "We killed him! USA! USA! USA!" celebrations more than a little gross? It's reminiscent of when Saddam Hussein's sons were killed and there were all these shots broadcast on mainstream news sources of soldiers perched over the corpses like they were trophy deer or something.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

User avatar
pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo
Posts: 6013
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:17 am
Location: Nantuckett

Postby pablo banquo » Mon May 02, 2011 10:12 am

Oh god, the conspiracy theories are coming thick and fast now. Some people need to just shut up.

Same guy that said last week that Prince William is marrying a descendent of Jack the Ripper. OH GOSH REALLY?!? Where is your evidence to support this? Oh, the royal family had it all destroyed? That's when you know it's true, when you can't find ANYTHING linking your stupid theory with reality.
i before e except after a few beers

Kauser
Son of Perdition
Posts: 9565
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:05 pm

Postby Kauser » Mon May 02, 2011 10:52 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:... So is it socially acceptable to find these "We killed him! USA! USA! USA!" celebrations more than a little gross? It's reminiscent of when Saddam Hussein's sons were killed and there were all these shots broadcast on mainstream news sources of soldiers perched over the corpses like they were trophy deer or something.



Considering no one is burning anything, and it isn't held in protest at a military funeral, I'm inclined to say, let them have this one.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

User avatar
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:52 am

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon May 02, 2011 12:14 pm

pablo banquo wrote:Oh god, the conspiracy theories are coming thick and fast now. Some people need to just shut up.

Same guy that said last week that Prince William is marrying a descendent of Jack the Ripper. OH GOSH REALLY?!? Where is your evidence to support this? Oh, the royal family had it all destroyed? That's when you know it's true, when you can't find ANYTHING linking your stupid theory with reality.


Really? If you take Rule 35 into account, Rule 36 must be that if it's mentioned, there will be a conspiracy theory about it. And then there will be a porn about the conspiracy theory.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

User avatar
OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.
Posts: 6747
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:20 pm

Postby OMGBEES » Mon May 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Will Mel Gibson star in that porn?
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

User avatar
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:52 am

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon May 02, 2011 12:27 pm

Kauser wrote:
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:... So is it socially acceptable to find these "We killed him! USA! USA! USA!" celebrations more than a little gross? It's reminiscent of when Saddam Hussein's sons were killed and there were all these shots broadcast on mainstream news sources of soldiers perched over the corpses like they were trophy deer or something.



Considering no one is burning anything, and it isn't held in protest at a military funeral, I'm inclined to say, let them have this one.


Pointless catharsis, afaic. Osama spent years talking about how he was going to bring our country down; our economy is in a shambles, the robber barons are more and more resembling rats grabbing what they can and deserting the ship, gas prices are through the roof, so-called 'austerity' measures that are more excuses to take from the middle class and give to the rich, and governors in a number of states attempting to remove what little bargaining power remained to that class, not to mention passing laws dishing out enough power to financial managers for them to subvert democracy. Secret prisons. Ever more wars that we're involved in, both public and otherwise. Torturing American citizens. Claiming to 'support the troops' out one side of their mouths while taking away benefits with the other.

And Osama probably died expecting a pile of virgins for him on the other side. Not to mention a mess of people more than willing to carry on in his stead.

So who won, exactly? "Rah rah we killed a dude" seems less than appropriate no matter how you look at it.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid
Posts: 6045
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:52 am

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon May 02, 2011 12:46 pm

OMGBEES wrote:Will Mel Gibson star in that porn?


We live in hope...
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Kauser
Son of Perdition
Posts: 9565
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2002 8:05 pm

Postby Kauser » Mon May 02, 2011 1:54 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:Pointless catharsis, afaic. Osama spent years talking about how he was going to bring our country down; our economy is in a shambles, the robber barons are more and more resembling rats grabbing what they can and deserting the ship, gas prices are through the roof, so-called 'austerity' measures that are more excuses to take from the middle class and give to the rich, and governors in a number of states attempting to remove what little bargaining power remained to that class, not to mention passing laws dishing out enough power to financial managers for them to subvert democracy. Secret prisons. Ever more wars that we're involved in, both public and otherwise. Torturing American citizens. Claiming to 'support the troops' out one side of their mouths while taking away benefits with the other.

And Osama probably died expecting a pile of virgins for him on the other side. Not to mention a mess of people more than willing to carry on in his stead.

So who won, exactly? "Rah rah we killed a dude" seems less than appropriate no matter how you look at it.


No offense, I really want to argue with you, but I really don't have the energy for that anymore, so I'll just have to say that I disagree, and leave it at that.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.


Return to “Deep Throats”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest