All the news. All the stinking, horrible mainstream news.

Classified, Top Secret, Burn After Reading

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Kauser wrote:No offense, I really want to argue with you, but I really don't have the energy for that anymore, so I'll just have to say that I disagree, and leave it at that.

It's fine, I find I have less and less energy for it myself of late.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Mon May 02, 2011 2:03 pm

I think we got old... :wink:
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon May 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Kauser wrote:I think we got old... :wink:

AGH LA LA LA LA LA NOT HEARING YOU :lol:
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Tue May 03, 2011 2:36 am

"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cann...ot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes. ... Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." Martin Luther King Jr
i before e except after a few beers

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Tue May 03, 2011 11:43 am

Huge respect to Obama, who was able to crack jokes at the dinner while having full knowledge of the operation that was going to occur just the next day. Hell of a statesman.
i before e except after a few beers

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue May 10, 2011 4:49 am

So.... Syria could end up on the U.N. Human Rights Council.

I want to say that again, in case you missed it. Syria. Could. End up on. The U.N. Human Rights Council. The same country whose govt. is currently engaged in a bloody crackdown on pro-democracy protesters, who is accused of murdering children, and so on.

Yeah.

http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/syri ... ights-body

Granted, it's not as though the HRC doesn't have a history of harboring and providing cover for a sundry list of complete assholes, but really. While they're right in the middle of violently attempting to demolish their own citizenry?

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue May 10, 2011 4:51 am

You're off by a month and nine days.

or....

At least they aren't Burma.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu May 19, 2011 5:52 am

As though it weren't already obvious...

Ben Stein: Kind of a dick.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Thu May 19, 2011 6:07 am

This is something I just fundamentally do not get. When was Win Ben Stein's Money, like 1998? And he's been loudly gargling bleach through a trombone since then. Look, guys, at some point you just accept that someone is slow, and when he calls you up with a political opinion just smile and say "that's nice dear" and move on. I have no idea why anyone pays attention to Ben Stein as if he might somehow have a politically relevant idea.

God, am I hungry? I can't even tell.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu May 19, 2011 8:37 am

OMGBEES wrote:This is something I just fundamentally do not get. When was Win Ben Stein's Money, like 1998? And he's been loudly gargling bleach through a trombone since then. Look, guys, at some point you just accept that someone is slow, and when he calls you up with a political opinion just smile and say "that's nice dear" and move on. I have no idea why anyone pays attention to Ben Stein as if he might somehow have a politically relevant idea.

Same thing with Pat Buchanan and Newt Gingrich. How those two have any political relevance whatsoever to where they rate regular appearances on the morning talking head shows, let alone making a probably aborted run for President, I have no idea.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:03 pm

This... could be extremely bad.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/33459/

Is this a huge deal for the Michael Moores and Morgan Spurlocks? No. Is it a huge deal for pretty much every other documentary filmmaker out there? Yes.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:27 pm

OMGBEES wrote:This is something I just fundamentally do not get. When was Win Ben Stein's Money, like 1998? And he's been loudly gargling bleach through a trombone since then. Look, guys, at some point you just accept that someone is slow, and when he calls you up with a political opinion just smile and say "that's nice dear" and move on. I have no idea why anyone pays attention to Ben Stein as if he might somehow have a politically relevant idea.

God, am I hungry? I can't even tell.

Gargling bleach through a trombone!?

Anyway, I have always just thought of Ben Stein as the guy in the Ferris movie. It could be Cameron giving away free money on that game show for all the difference it would have made to me. I didn't know until a while back that he was something other than a character actor.

Question: If a person who makes documentaries sells even one copy of their movie, is it considered for-profit then? If I made a movie and sold a copy to my mom for a dollar, would I be able to write off my movie as tax-exempt business expense then?

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:25 am

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:Look kids, it's the tipping point!

Sigh. We're currently paying £1.329 / litre ($9.921 / gallon) so I'm really looking forwards to paying even more as we have to import it all.

Roll on affordable electric cars and massive windfarms I guess.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 am

I'm even more inclined to cycle to work given the ridiculous petrol prices at the moment.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:53 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/15/ ... ?hpt=hp_t2

The ATF has been purposely feeding guns to Mexican drug cartels.

Let me repeat that.

The ATF has been purposely feeding guns to Mexican drug cartels.

Doesn't sound any less insane the second time around, right?

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:11 pm

And that makes sense how?

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Oh for pete's sake. Why is this shocking news? We are always handing over weapons to someone for some purpose that ends up blowing up in our faces later.
Does it suck? Yeah. But it's certainly not anything out of the ordinary.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Not talking about it lets it slip by unnoticed or uncared about, which just contributes to apathy and continuing to let it happen.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:20 pm

Not what I meant.

Return to “Deep Throats”