All the news. All the stinking, horrible mainstream news.

Classified, Top Secret, Burn After Reading

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:52 pm

Oh do fuck off...

There's no place for looting in any society.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:41 pm

dogmeat wrote:Oh do fuck off...

There's no place for looting in any society.

Gee, who would've thought that a couple of drunk teenagers would have stupid opinions... deep digging there, BBC.

You are right, though, obviously.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:31 pm

The Pentagon is floating the idea of privatizing military pensions. What could possibly go wrong? I mean, it's not like there are any recent historical examples of retirement plans getting absolutely fucking demolished for the sake of profiteering by private companies, right...?
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:51 pm

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUCK.

I give up. :evil:

"Here, I'll show you politics in America: 'I think the puppet on the right shares my beliefs!' ' Well, I think the puppet on the left is more to my liking!' 'Hey, wait a second, there's one guy holding up both puppets!' "

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:57 am

White police officer shoots Oscar Grant, a black man, in the back: less than 2 years. Less and less likely that Troy Davis killed white Officer McPhail: death.

85% of Georgia's death row is composed of black men.
15% of Georgia's total population is black.

Fuck Georgia, fuck SCOTUS, fuck the Georgia board of appeals. Goddammit.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:00 am

The worst thing about Georgia is the governor can't intercede even if the case is on very dodgy ground.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:59 am

Jennifer Granholm on The Daily Show. Just... wow. That woman is sharp. We can haz her back, plz?

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:02 am

Interesting chat on NPR today with Bill Frezza of the CEI (Competitive Enterprise Institute), a venture capitalist who said that job creation would be more accurately titled expense creation, and that no employer is ever actually looking to create jobs.
Nobody wakes up in the morning and says, "I want to increase my payroll because it's good for the American economy." ...

Your goal is not to increase one segment of your cost because somebody tells you it aligns with social policy. So – and even though we're in the business of creating new companies, as a venture capitalist, you know, the first question we ask in every board meeting is what's your headcount? And we watch it like a hawk, because headcount is an expense that will eat you alive if the business isn't large enough to support it. "

His description of corporate America having become whipping boys is farcical to the point of laughter, but as disgusting as what he has to say is, it's unfortunately true; at least in the sense that businesses would rather get more work out of a smaller workforce than hire people on. Those stats are blatant, as production continues to rise while unemployment stays steady or gets worse. However, it seems contrary to one of his last statements, which follows:

You know, each business is run for the benefit of its owners, its shareholders, its customers, and its employees. It's not run for the benefit of the country.

Clearly not, if the rest of what he said holds.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:41 am

http://gawker.com/5848488/the-right+win ... rtbreaking

Ugh. It amazes me to no end that these people, upon seeing others like them out there fighting for a fairer slice of the pie, instead of saying "Yeah, we should have that too" are instead arguing that "No, our lives suck and everyone should be as miserable as us. GO AMERICA."

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:13 am

Occupy Lansing was AMAZING. 300+ people for the march, I actually got up and made a speech, something which I NEVER would have had the spine for before... really, really good stuff.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:56 am

The pics on tumblr look good too. Hope the bastards listen.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:55 am

Someone was circulating a link to an article about the DHS being involved in coordinating mayors and police officials in suppression of the occupiers. Now no offense, I'm pretty ambivalent about the the movement, not so much for any more reason than I've been under a rock for the better part of a year now, but if that's the case, I'd be pretty frankly pissed.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:48 am

Naomi Wolf generally puts in pretty decent work, but the more I'm reading about that, the more it seems like speculation. Now, how grounded that speculation might be is up to the reader.

For right now, I think the writers who are coming out and advising caution against going too far down that road without some super-solid proof have the right of it in that such speculation could allow greater dismissal of the movement than we see already.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:58 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:20 am

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:54 am

Hooray for freedom. Oh.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:03 pm

Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:34 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:41 am

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Return to “Deep Throats”