10 percent

Classified, Top Secret, Burn After Reading

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:50 am

Still haven't gotten my W-2
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:45 pm

what the fuck?!

this is the stupidest thing I've seen this administration do. well, this recession is definately not over now. now i'm off to re-allocate my 401k
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:41 pm

a tweet pointed me to this link of similar reactions

http://blogometer.nationaljournal.com/a ... ty_re.html
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:07 am

A frosty reaction from many. This won't go anywhere.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:28 pm

It might go somewhere when people realize it's a meaningless gesture that buys some political capital if spun properly.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:04 pm

Did you really need to send more astronauts to the moon?
i before e except after a few beers

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Eolh wrote:It might go somewhere when people realize it's a meaningless gesture that buys some political capital if spun properly.

In practice it is meaningless, but it's more proof this admin won't challenge the republican, and especially reagan, narrative of the economy. That's a bad bad sign for our macro future, in my opinion. We'll be lucky if we don't repeat 1937, but more likely it'll "just" be a repeat of Japan's own lost decade. I've already written off this last decade, and I have low hopes for the next.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:38 am

Back up the short bus. You expect him to challenge anything Reagan believed in?

You do know that Reagan is this man's stated idol right? Not that this is entirely a bad thing, I would love to watch Obama make an off the cusp remark about nuking someplace off the map, even if it was a joke. That type of shit really brightens my day.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:53 am

hobokenbob wrote:In practice it is meaningless, but it's more proof this admin won't challenge the republican, and especially reagan, narrative of the economy. That's a bad bad sign for our macro future, in my opinion. We'll be lucky if we don't repeat 1937, but more likely it'll "just" be a repeat of Japan's own lost decade. I've already written off this last decade, and I have low hopes for the next.

You should have linked with this, the resulting reading is pretty interesting.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:54 pm

color me impressed, I did not know that existed.

the lost decade is a very good example of how politically safe half measures and comprimises in the face of a crisis can be ruinous.

and we've practically been following that playbook to the letter.

Jason Mustian

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Link to Krugman on financial reform, and a boring success story right next door.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/01/opini ... ugman.html

goddamn smug canadians with their working financial systems and healthcare. no wonder they're so polite to everyone. jerks.

Jason Mustian

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:04 pm

HA HA TWEEG.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:36 am

hobokenbob wrote:
Eolh wrote:It might go somewhere when people realize it's a meaningless gesture that buys some political capital if spun properly.

In practice it is meaningless, but it's more proof this admin won't challenge the republican, and especially reagan, narrative of the economy. That's a bad bad sign for our macro future, in my opinion. We'll be lucky if we don't repeat 1937, but more likely it'll "just" be a repeat of Japan's own lost decade. I've already written off this last decade, and I have low hopes for the next.

So, wait, what about this upsets you? The fact that he's trying to control the national debt, or the fact that he's not doing enough?

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:09 pm

Read my last several posts about how the national debt is so not the fucking problem right now? That's he's allowing the born-again national debt hawks (who spent like crazy last decade) any sort of lip service at all is a dangerous precident.

You know who else was worried about the national debt, right after a huge financial crash, to the tragic result of huge job losses, a huge period of no job recovery and the real human suffering that entailed?

Jason Mustian

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:33 pm

OMGBEES wrote:Just out of curiosity, did anyone else have a holyfuckhuge tax return this year?

Yeah it was pretty big this year.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Not on this end.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:41 pm

roughly the same as last year for me.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:46 pm

Hey Bag, is this your first year filing as Mr. and Mrs. "of Ass"?

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:46 pm

hobokenbob wrote:Read my last several posts about how the national debt is so not the fucking problem right now? That's he's allowing the born-again national debt hawks (who spent like crazy last decade) any sort of lip service at all is a dangerous precident.

You know who else was worried about the national debt, right after a huge financial crash, to the tragic result of huge job losses, a huge period of no job recovery and the real human suffering that entailed?

See, that's what I thought, but Bunyip and I had a brief disagreement about your stance. I figured just asking was the fastest way to settle it.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:
OMGBEES wrote:Just out of curiosity, did anyone else have a holyfuckhuge tax return this year?

Yeah it was pretty big this year.

My federal and state were about the same as they always are, but my city took an odd jump from its usual $8-12 up to about $45.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Deep Throats”