The Drugs Don't Work..

Classified, Top Secret, Burn After Reading

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:16 pm

Primus tried the same thing.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:18 pm

*shakes hands with beef*

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:18 pm

Kauser wrote:Primus tried the same thing.

:^:

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:23 pm

Beep Boop Beep.
Last edited by . on Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:09 pm

. wrote:Beep boop beep

Bzzt click whirr.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Fri May 12, 2006 3:42 am

Heh, good one Sporky.

Instead of taking over the "How was your day?" thread, I'll just post it over here.

So, as it seems, my regular doctor has shipped me off to a neurologist for possible neurological disorder. Which kind of scares me. I also get to sleep in a sleep study room for a week. I go about my normal day, but after 9, I have to be in that room. 21:00-09:00 is designated sleepy time.
My normal doctor was doing increases and decreases in various medication trying to figure out if it was purely drug related, but it seems to be something misfiring with or without medication. They thought perhaps it was merely a tic disorder, but my age and symptoms didn't really jive with textbook cases of it.
The nurse I spoke with at one place kept insisting it was due to drugs. Not prescription drugs, but illegal ones. Even after explaining that I don't partake in drugs, she eyed me during the checkup. I didn't like the doctor either, so I go to a new one Monday, the same day the sleep study happens. I've had enough blood work and various things tested to prove I haven't taken a damn thing.
And oddly, I am hoping to get both the jumping thing and the sleep paralysis while at the sleep study, but knowing my luck, I will sleep better than ever.
I am also down to or up to 8 types of pills with most taking 3, 3 times a day. About 50 pills a night followed by probably half a gallon of water. If I try to seperate them in to morning, afternoon, night; I will forget them. And before someone mentions it, taking all the pills at once was agreed upon with my doctor. Except for the sleeping pills, obviously.

Huh.

shorty
Floydian Hate

Postby shorty » Fri May 12, 2006 4:15 am

I would be pissed off if I went to the doctor with a problem and said I need to lose the (non-existent) heroin habit.
A paranoid is merely someone who is in posession of all the facts.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri May 12, 2006 12:23 pm

Next time, Dry Gulch her.

The situation kinda reminds me of something only loosely related.

"Mr. Kuncho you have Tuberculosis... I mean, Bronchitis."
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Fri May 12, 2006 12:41 pm

You get to sleep from 9pm to 9am? Man I wish I could do that..

:rotate:

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sat May 13, 2006 1:43 am

SporkAndrew wrote:You get to sleep from 9pm to 9am? Man I wish I could do that..

I sleep MUCH less than that. But they are trying to simulate a night's rest. If I came in when I was tired, I would be there about 5 in the morning and if I left when I woke up, I'd be out of there around 8. I've done sleep studies before. They hook you up all over the place, about 20-25 leads all with enormous lengths of wire. Then they tell you, "Go to sleep!" There are night cameras in there and that makes me uncomfortable. I already am slightly paranoid about cameras watching me in my own house, it's hell to KNOW that they are there. Hopefully, they will let me take my normal sleeping medication.

During the "interview" with the doctor, he said, "So you're thinking your brain might explode. Are you on any medication for it?" I said that I never once thought my brain may explode and that I'm not a complete idiot. My brain exploding? He then goes, "You know what I mean. Your head thingy." I sometimes say thingy when I am talking about something minor, when I can't remember the name. I call the twist tie on bread a thingy occasionally. I just don't expect my doctor to say it. And because he can't seem to figure out whether or not I am taking medication and what my history is, I am assuming they are using my charts for wiping their ass.

I think you can imagine why I am going to a different doctor Monday.

Don't think I didn't think of killing everyone in the building, Kauser. I think I was just shocked by the entire appointment. The whole time I was thinking that they had to be kidding me. I walked out without paying, so I feel slightly better about that part.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Sat May 13, 2006 5:26 am

This only reinforces my utter hatred of doctors and their kind. Seriously, those guys sound like fuck hats of the worst caliber.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:48 am

Expect a more detailed description tomorrow. This weekend, my "first" full psychotic break and a crushing blow of a half-diagnosis.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:08 am

:(
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:11 am

The days following my birthday were apparently filled with excitement, yet I remember not a damn thing. The last thing I remember is being sent home from work on Wednesday, the 31st. So, obviously, the rest of this is what I heard from my family.
Some time Wednesday evening I started acting more paranoid than usual, looking around corners and sneaking along walls to my bedroom. A while later my father says he heard a struggle, looked into my room and I was in bed swinging like mad at something. When he tried to calm me down, I swung at him and he called for help. My mother came in to help and my brother-in-law looked on like a dork. After calming me down, they said I looked dazed and started asking me questions, "What's my name?" "What's your sisters' names?" "What's the date?" "Where are you?". I didn't know any of the answers, so up we went to the hospital. For reasons I am not admitting to here, we got straight back into the ER observation room. (Here's the odd part: This is the only part of two days that I remember. I was given a catheter, but was still quite out of it, so was still swinging. They were all warned! However, the lady doing it, when I swiped her hands away, told me, "Oh no you didn't! I ain't takin' this. I will beat your ass! Don't touch me again." And then, memory is gone again.) They couldn't find anything, but I was still completely out of it. The doctor there said that since he couldn't find anything, I was free to go. My mother was having none of that and said that she expected me to be admitted. She got her way. I went through MRIs, EKGs, CTs. I hit three people. I bared my ass. I did other embarrassing things. I pulled out my IV, twice. I remember none of it. Which is probably a good thing, I think. Anyway, I was in the hospital for three/four days. On to the parts I remember.

So, they're trying to figure out what the hell is going on. They tested me for a huge amount of things, including porphyria. One day, my doctor comes in and tells me he's worried about an auto-immune disease. My mind instantly goes to AIDS, which is kind of retarded, but still. It's not AIDS. He's thinking Lupus. I have since read up on Lupus and I am not sure myself, but he's brought it up more than once, so I am nervous. We're just waiting on test results. It would explain my general crap health.

Too long to read? First, flip-out. Next, Lupus.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:18 am

... you're in an episode of House.

But seriously, I hope things improve.

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:03 pm

I hope she's in an episode of House, on House it's never lupus and they (almost) always figure it out in an hour.

Shit Plut sending good thoughts and hoping they'll be able to figure a way to settle things down!

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:45 pm

Wow... we'll be praying for / sending good vibes at you, Plut. Hope the filthy doctors can figure out what's going on.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:45 pm

Get well soon!

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:36 am

Damn, plut. You got sassed by that nurse.

(Hope it's not Lupus)

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:25 am

So no word on having Lupus, as the tests aren't in. Still. I did have the pleasure of going in for an upper endoscopy today though. Luckily, I don't remember much after the absolutely horrible numbing banana spray they shot down my throat. But I have pictures!

Warning! Medical pictures of my upper GI tract! I will also spoiler them for the pansies.

[hide]
The dots tell you where the pictures are roughly from. Match them with the colour in the upper left corner.
First picture, G-E junction. Everything is looking good. Two and three (Three is a different coloured blue than in the diagram. That blue is picture five.), oh look, gastritis and a bunch of small erosions. Could that be why my stomach hurts? They did a biopsy. I guess I get the results later.
Four, 2nd portion duodenum. Looking snazzy! Five, "Retroflexion - normal. Fundus"
[/hide]
I will spare you guys the pictures of the lower scope I know I will have to have pretty soon.

Return to “Deep Throats”