Webserver space / hosting your stuff here at the CoT

Rules, tests, complaints, suggestions, and crackerbreads.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Rob
Oh yes.

Webserver space / hosting your stuff here at the CoT

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:48 pm

A number of you have PMmed me in recent weeks (even days) and asked for some webspace. And I've forgotten who some of you were. Sorry!

Post you requests in here and I'll sort you all out. We're tight on space at the moment (heaven knows where it's gone, but we've eaten almost 500Mb of server space in our "members" subdirectory) but I'm planning on buying us some kind of allocation upgrade in the next few days.

Some of you also have accounts that I made for you which you've never used, so don't be surprised if you ask for something and I tell you that you've already got it.... of course, I'll give you a reminder about how to get in and what your password is, etc etc. :-)
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

DampCat
Cow! Cube! Cowuuuube!

Postby DampCat » Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:15 pm

i did, but if you look for the PM youll note that i dont think i made an awful lot of sense... it doesnt matter now though i dont think... yeah... bollocks.

skyknyt
Forum Jesus

Postby skyknyt » Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:58 pm

can I have a tiny bit of webspace?

please?

skye
"Fuck it, Skye. Let's go bowling." - Square

"Me shut the fuck up .. oh no you are the one who shall be doing the fucking up of the shutting!" - Tweeg

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:01 pm

Er, yeah. I need to go and get some more, as we're pretty much busted right now, but yeah, no worries.

Actually, didn't I make you an account here anyway?

I'll check when I get back home.

Remind me mate - send me a PM too.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:03 pm

Should I start deleting stuff? I've got a bunch of mp3s on there (Splashdown, etc.) that I could delete. My folder alone takes up about 200 MB.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:06 pm

I love you mate, beceause you're such a decent, honest, straight up guy.

I had decided not to say anything to you about our storage problems and my perception of who our biggest storage space "consumer" was.

But yeah, if you wouldn't mind at least temporarily taking a few bits and pieces down, I would appreciate it. At least until I can sort out some more space. A week or two tops, I'd say.

Many thanks. I'll sort Skye, Plut and one or two others who have asked when I get home.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:09 pm

Okay, I figure anyone who wants Splashdown has already made with the clicking. Woe betide the forum newbie who clicks on that ancient thread and receives the dreaded 404. It is folly to resist.

And on that note, my folder is down to 82 MB. I can cut it down further, and perhaps soon I will.
Last edited by Bag of Ass on Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:11 pm

It won't be for long, I'm sure.

Thanks again.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:13 pm

Redirect all the links to the mp3 of Madonna saying "What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

That's what you get for being a newbie, newbie!

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:14 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:And on that note, my folder is down to 82 MB. I can cut it down further, and perhaps soon I will.

Mate, if you've just knocked 100Mb off the total used figure then that will be majorly cool. Fear not, you have done enough deletions there. I will let you know when space becomes a luxury again!

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:09 pm

No worries Rob with me.. I recently bought a domain name.. and a friend of mine is going to set me up with some space and such. So I'm good to go.. and ready to take over the world!!

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Thu May 22, 2003 10:46 pm

Rob, are you still giving out hosting space? I've been thinking of doing a weekly MP3 thing. I;d have a little thread that I'd update weekly with a link to a new MP3. At the end of the week, I take down the last MP3 and upload a new one. 10 MBs would be enough for this, I would think. Is that a possibility, or no?
Actually, I'd think it was really cool if I saw Jesus in my icecream too. A tyrannosaur in an F14 would be even cooler.
-Bunyip, a man for all seasonings.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Fri May 23, 2003 7:51 am

It is, old hoss.

Bear with me - I've been meaning to get our webspace allocation upped for the last few weeks now (sorry, Bag) and I've not done it yet. I'll try to sort it out over the weekend.

Remind me again early next week and I ought to have got it sorted by then.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Fri May 23, 2003 8:17 am

Sounds good. In the meantime, look! Cthulhu with a teddy!
Actually, I'd think it was really cool if I saw Jesus in my icecream too. A tyrannosaur in an F14 would be even cooler.

SporkAndrew
BSc (hams)

Postby SporkAndrew » Fri May 23, 2003 3:43 pm

Aww... Is that Ian McConville's "The littlest elder God"...?

:rotate:

mtdew
Politically Disheveled

Postby mtdew » Fri May 23, 2003 4:15 pm

Feel free to cut back my space to, like, I dunno... 4mb's? That'll keep me more than happy. I won't be posting large movies anymore, etc.
beware the angry can of mountain dew
stomping around and craving blood.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Fri May 23, 2003 4:23 pm

Thanks dew....

I hate to tell you all this, but like all good network admins, I've actually allocated you all far more "space" than we physically have, on the grounds that you're all unlikely to use all of the space I've given you, at least, not all at the same time.

Total space available is something like 500Mb. Total allocated out to you all is more like 600Mb, and obviously that isn't counting the dozen or so megs that live on the CoT to "run" it all. Fuck knows what would happen if the actual forum lived on the CoT server as well. There's another 60 or so megs there, too.

Babbster has kindly offered to loan me some space if needed, which is fucking cool of him, but fear not because I will endeavour to get us a few hundred megs more over the weekend.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Fri May 23, 2003 4:39 pm

SporkAndrew wrote:Aww... Is that Ian McConville's "The littlest elder God"...?

:rotate:

It is! Don't worry, I have permission.

mtdew
Politically Disheveled

Postby mtdew » Fri May 23, 2003 4:42 pm

Good to hear it.

And though I'm loath to ask, what's bandwidth like at the Palace of Rob? I feel it's my damn moral prerogative (and so forth), and, well, shit. What's the low down here? How are off site linkings going?

Also, I for one am fucking fantastically grateful we aren't pruning on the CoT. I, and I doubt I'm speaking alone here, would be more than willing to donate a little euro should the time come that pruning becomes an issue. If you want, I'd put in some cash for this hard drive upgrade as well. We owe it to you, you crazy bastard.
beware the angry can of mountain dew
stomping around and craving blood.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri May 23, 2003 4:48 pm

There's a paypal link on the front page. If you like, you can donate to the Citadel of Truth -- and hence the Buy Bag of Ass, et al. Mini Coopers -- cause. Don't be shy, we work hard here and deserve a little car.

Return to “Feedback”