Webserver space / hosting your stuff here at the CoT

Rules, tests, complaints, suggestions, and crackerbreads.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

mtdew
Politically Disheveled

Postby mtdew » Fri May 23, 2003 4:56 pm

Yes, yes, but being rather strapped for cash, I'm one of those bastards who say, "do ya need it? Tell me ya need it, so I can justify it."
beware the angry can of mountain dew
stomping around and craving blood.

Luminaire
Forum Jesus

Postby Luminaire » Fri May 23, 2003 7:10 pm

Since we're on the subject...

I have a certain ROM which may or may not be of interest to a decent number of people here. It's something that was never released outside of Japan, and just got finished being translated within the past month (or so the story goes). But there's a certain stigma attached to things like that, and if anyone outside of the Citadel were to find it and then post a link to it, it might eat bandwidth.

So if you think that having the rom for a game called "Radical Dreamers" is a good idea...

It's 2mb, or something thereabout...

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri May 23, 2003 7:27 pm

Luminaire is piracy.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Fri May 23, 2003 8:08 pm

How's the game, and how does it tie into Crono Cross?
Actually, I'd think it was really cool if I saw Jesus in my icecream too. A tyrannosaur in an F14 would be even cooler.
-Bunyip, a man for all seasonings.

Luminaire
Forum Jesus

Postby Luminaire » Sat May 24, 2003 5:32 pm

I haven't played it, and I don't know.

I'm having some minor computer problems, so otherwise I would.

The machine has a tendency to shut itself off without warning when I use anything other than IE or Word. So I've been discouraged from playing any games...

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Tue May 27, 2003 3:53 pm

Brownouts, man. What it sounds like.

In other news, what's the news on this?
Actually, I'd think it was really cool if I saw Jesus in my icecream too. A tyrannosaur in an F14 would be even cooler.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Tue May 27, 2003 8:08 pm

I should restate that. By "news on this," I mean "news on getting me approx. 10 MB of webspace on the CoT.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue May 27, 2003 8:12 pm

Not yet buddy, but on the way. :-)
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Tue May 27, 2003 8:14 pm

Cool beans.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Fri May 30, 2003 5:51 am

So you'll tell me then?

If you decide not to do it, seriously, I understand. I can find another way to do it.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Fri May 30, 2003 9:45 am

Do it now buddy. When I get back to the office late tonight I'll make you an account here. The extra space hasn't been authorised yet but I'm pretty sure we're more than 10Mb from the limit.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri May 30, 2003 2:58 pm

Should I delete more of my stuff? There are more mp3s and miscellaneous images I've hastily slapped together for forum posts I can get rid of.

Oh, 4000th post.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sat May 31, 2003 11:16 am

Nahh, it should be fine Bagster. I'll make Square's account when I get into the office later (I'm at home now) and see what we've got. There is stuff of mine I can remove too if neccessary.
And I'll pull my finger out on the hosting account and get our allocation upped (at last!)

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:42 pm

Hey robsoft, I've been getting requests for Splashdown. I took a bunch down before because of server space issues, have those been resolved? Can I put up more Splashdown?

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:15 pm

I'll have a look. I don't honestly know how we're doing for space, but I didn't buy any more for two reasons;

1) we didn't have enough cash for me to pursue it
2) I do plan to have a big internet-facing fileserver at the b&m CoT any day now, thus negating any need for us to buy it from anyone else.

I'll get back to you on it. I don't think it would hurt to upload a bit more, anyway, old hoss.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:49 pm

I've been asked by a few people if they can have a couple of megs storage here and there, and tonight when I came to sort it out I discovered that we're over quota (and incurring extra charges).

Now, most of the storage space we use is actually for my shit, (mp3s etc), so I've ordered up a seperate hosting account for myself. This will free up a fair amount of space and once that's done I'll get back to everyone who asked for a little space for this 'n' that. The company I use normally turn this shit around in a couple of days so hopefully....

I will let you know when things are sorted out. It will mean a whole bunch of links to my things will become invalid but there are ways around that. :-)

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:18 pm

Do you need me to remove my gigs and gigs of mp3s?

Return to “Feedback”