'Kinell. CoT Central to Fuckmuppet Central. For keepsies?

Rules, tests, complaints, suggestions, and crackerbreads.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Would FMC prevent you from surfing at 'work'... and would you mind?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:54 pm

'kin right it would. Change it back, please!
13%
don't give a flying fsck. Do whatever you like
35%
Sod that malarkey. Leave it as God (and Rob) originally intended
52%

Total votes: 23

Rob
Oh yes.

'Kinell. CoT Central to Fuckmuppet Central. For keepsies?

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:54 pm

I think the poll question says it all;
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:42 am

I voted incorrectly.

Damn your English Jive.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:47 am

In with the old, out with the new! -er! If Fuckmuppet is good enough for me, it's good enough for the rest of you...
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:05 pm

I messed up the vote too. I say we keep it.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:32 pm

I believe the reason it got changed from Fuckmuppet Central in the first place still stands. If it means people can browse the forum at work without the word FUCK in large, bold type then it's better to keep the tame version. After all, it'll always be Fuckmuppet central in our hearts.
i before e except after a few beers

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:17 pm

Change it to Fartmuppet Central. Fart is a funny word.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

shorty
Floydian Hate

Postby shorty » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:11 am

Eolh wrote:Change it to Fartmuppet Central. Fart is a funny word.

I change my vote to this.
A paranoid is merely someone who is in posession of all the facts.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:00 am

If it keeps people from posting, then obviously, it should probably be changed back. However, I still think these people are pansies.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:32 am

pablo banquo wrote:I believe the reason it got changed from Fuckmuppet Central in the first place still stands. If it means people can browse the forum at work without the word FUCK in large, bold type then it's better to keep the tame version. After all, it'll always be Fuckmuppet central in our hearts.

True. Hob has kinda hinted elsewhere that it will make surfing at work hard for him. But the name is popular. Hmmm.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Foo-Byte
I am Finbarr Saunders

Postby Foo-Byte » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:12 pm

pablo banquo wrote:I believe the reason it got changed from Fuckmuppet Central in the first place still stands. If it means people can browse the forum at work without the word FUCK in large, bold type then it's better to keep the tame version. After all, it'll always be Fuckmuppet central in our hearts.

I agree with this, in theory. But also,
. wrote:However, I still think these people are pansies.

Perhaps Gobo could add a "surfs at work" flag to the user profile what would change titles such as "Fuckmuppet Central" to "Vale of Flowers" for unfortunates with that flag set?

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:14 pm

Yes I could... I don't know how well it would hold up under upgrades though. So I'm not too eager to look into it.

Actually IF it's doable and would survive upgrades, then I could set it up so you set your work hours and as long as you're logged in it'll be Fartmuppet, or COT, or Workpussy, during those hours, but FMC while you're at home.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:17 am

Gobo - be aware that we are at least one revision (possibly two) behind the "current state" right now, too.

Just in case you started making revisions, that was all.

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:14 am

Nope, haven't even thought about starting yet... doubt I will. Feckmuppet seems like an excellenet compromise

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:14 pm

(Catching up)

Agreed. I'm happy with it, it's not perfect but as a compromise it will take some beating.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:31 pm

Foo-Byte wrote:Perhaps Gobo could add a "surfs at work" flag to the user profile what would change titles such as "Fuckmuppet Central" to "Vale of Flowers" for unfortunates with that flag set?

that is a brilliant solution. double so since it involves someone else diong all the work. management material right there.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:32 pm

Honestly, I got more comments on "Citadel of Truth" than I did for "Fuckmuppet Central." People thought I was part of some bizarre cult or something.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Return to “Feedback”