COT domain

Rules, tests, complaints, suggestions, and crackerbreads.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Rob
Oh yes.

COT domain

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Does anyone make use of the citadeloftruth.com domain? I know a while ago we had some FTP accounts setup there for some of you...

I'm just wondering if anyone still makes use of it. It's all up for renewal next month along with the hosting of the (smallish) amount of space that I for that domain, and if we're not really using it then with the domain renewal and hosting fees added together it's about a $380/pa expense I can re-route to other causes. :-)

Please note this doesn't affect the forum itself, nor the ultimate-wurlde domain that CoT is all hosted under. I promised you all many moons ago that I'd keep the place going and I keep my promises. :-)
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Do what you feel is best Rob bud.

If it doesn't affect the forum then I say save yourself the cash .. or quid (whatever you fog breathers call it) and don't renew it :).

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:16 pm

I use it to post pictures and music and stuff, but if you need to drop it I'll figure something else out.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:45 am

Yah, it's not like there aren't loads of free hosting services out there.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:53 am

Bag of Ass wrote:I use it to post pictures and music and stuff, but if you need to drop it I'll figure something else out.

Drop.io
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Gobo
drum commie

Postby Gobo » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:23 pm

or blip.fm

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:33 am

I downloaded everything I had stored on there, including my version of Lullaby. It's actually better than I remember, though still hilariously bad. Also: I totally forgot I had a Christmas version of Glottis!

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:57 pm

robsoft, you still need me to pull old files off? I can work on it this weekend.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:12 pm

Hey guys - just advance notice that the actual CitadelOfTruth.com hosting account is going to get shut down in about a month's time.

I know I mentioned this last year (see above) but this year it shall come to pass.

I'm not going to do anything to Ultimate-Wurlde.com, so the forum etc is fine as it is - I'm just going to lose the CitadelOfTruth.com hosting account and anything that you might have stored on there.

I'm going to try and download everything up there over the next couple of days so that I do have a copy if anyone 'loses' their stuff. I may or may not be able to provide an alternative hosting solution (but better to err on the side of may not, for the time being).

Sorry this is fairly short notice - I had planned to do this last year then ran out of time before the 'renewal' date and in the end just paid for the renewal. This year I have a touch more notice. :-)

Cheers
Rob
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Thanks for the reminder Rob. :-)
i before e except after a few beers

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:16 pm

My pleasure Pob. I'm sorry to have to shut that one down, but it's on an old hosting package and it's been adding around $30 a month to my general outgoings pretty-much ever since we moved from PA. :-(

In related news - I have now downloaded everything from there, so if you had something on that server at around 3pm GMT 15-Feb-2010, I will have a copy of it here on my internal company server and can give it 'back' to you at some point in the future.
Of course, anything you might have added since I did that download is likely to be lost when the account gets closed. :-)

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:42 pm

ROB! post more in your forums, we miss you. We miss you so much we dressed bunyip up as you. and passed him around. it works ok with the lights turned down, unless he starts crying.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Woah, Hobokenbob. Best not let my wife see that, she'll get ideas!

As for posting more - I certainly intend to but then I'm full of good intentions. Let's see if I can actually deliver on 'em.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:11 pm

I guess I'll be okay if I lose everything. It was mostly just pictures and mp3s that I posted here anyway. Now I just need a place to host my avatar.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 pm

There's Avatarhosting.net, if you don't mind the damn watermark. Sadly, that's new.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Avatar hosting - no probs, I can host them on the server that the forum is on.

Let's get organised - y'all form an orderly queue here over the next few days and I'll scrape the avatars onto ultimate-wurlde and paste back URLs for you to put in your profile.

Sound fair? :)

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:I guess I'll be okay if I lose everything. It was mostly just pictures and mp3s that I posted here anyway. Now I just need a place to host my avatar.

There's Avatarhosting.net, if you don't mind the damn watermark. Sadly, that's new.

You can host them at photobucket and have no watermark.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Rob wrote:Let's get organised - y'all form an orderly queue here over the next few days and I'll scrape the avatars onto ultimate-wurlde and paste back URLs for you to put in your profile.

If you're feeling sporty, you could always edit people's profiles to point to the new avatar url. :)

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Okay no problem Bag, I'm up for that - but you guys are going to have to tell me who wants their avatar dealing with - I haven't got the time to go through the database and look for people who are currently using CitadelOfTruth.com. :-)

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:57 pm

I demand you host my avatar!
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Return to “Feedback”