COT domain

Rules, tests, complaints, suggestions, and crackerbreads.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:10 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:
Bag of Ass wrote:I guess I'll be okay if I lose everything. It was mostly just pictures and mp3s that I posted here anyway. Now I just need a place to host my avatar.

There's Avatarhosting.net, if you don't mind the damn watermark. Sadly, that's new.

You can host them at photobucket and have no watermark.

Photobucket is bitchy in other ways, though, particularly about total traffic.

Don't worry about me, Rob. I'll stick with Avatarhosting until I get off my ass and set up my webserver.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:30 am

I changed it back. Can you host this one, please?

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:15 pm

No probs Buny. I'll do a bunch of them this sunday afternoon, other jobs and chores permitting.

I'm also considering what the impact would be if I put Adsense on the index page (no other page, just the forum 'top' page). Only from the point of view that it might be fun to see what ads it comes up with as 'suitable' - I seriously doubt we have the traffic (or the interest in the ads) to make it contribute anything other than fractional pennies towards the running cost, although I'd love to be proven wrong!

If you all feel very strongly that this would have an adverse affect (see what I did there?) then I'll remove it. As it stands right now, I intend to drop them on the index page at some point in about a week's time, and just see what happens for a couple of weeks. If you all complain, then they're gone.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:25 pm

Okay, a combination of our being away from home Sat night - Sun lunchtime, and bad weather to boot, foiled my plans for Sunday.

However, I am gung-ho that I'll be sorting the avatars out during this week (I'm away on business Tuesday night, would be a good time to dial-in and deal with the first batch which at present seems to be a mere couple after all).

The CoT file server is going to get shutdown this coming weekend, but I do have a backup of everything that was on there as of last week. So if you have something on there that you haven't got yet, I'll be able to give it to you at some point in the future.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Rob wrote:would be a good time to dial-in

Does anyone tech-savvy use a dial-up modem these days? Even on the move it seems to be all 3G USB dongles for a lot of people.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:48 pm

We still run a dial-up access point at work for one customer. And of course freaking everyone has out-of-band management these days.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:19 am

Ha - it seems that Google Adsense deem the forum 'under construction' and so have declined to offer Adsense ads at this point in time. :-)

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Okay;

Bunyip and Bag Of Ass now hosted at:
http//www.ultimate-wurlde.com/phpBB2/avatars/...

Unfortunately no-one has write access to this folder yet but I'll sort something out in the near future so that you can update your own avatars as necessary. I'll post a full announcement about this so that everyone can benefit.

Hobokenbob - you don't seem to have an avatar set up at the moment so I wasn't sure what to do - if you want to mail me an avatar, or send me a link, then I'll copy it into the forum webspace as with the guys above.

TMCM, Bees - ditto for you guys. I didn't want to fuck around with what you have right now but (esp Bees) - if you want to send me an un-fucked-with avatar (link or attachment) then I'll do the business for you.

As of now, the citadeloftruth.com domain has been 'emptied'. From this point on, shout if you want something back. I have a recent backup. The domain itself will get vaped in the next week or so.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:41 pm

Cool thanks, and thanks again for all those years of hosting.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Less than three Rob!

Return to “Feedback”