FORUM DOWNTIME

Rules, tests, complaints, suggestions, and crackerbreads.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Rob
Oh yes.

FORUM DOWNTIME

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:18 pm

Hy guys, just a quick heads-up. Unless real life gets significantly in the way, I'll be taking the forum offline on Sunday evening, probably around 9:00pm GMT. (I'm aware there are other timezones, good luck with figuring all that shit out etc).

Hopefully it will only be down for a fairly short while (this time). I'm trying to get the forum software upgraded to the very latest and greatest version of PHPBB (if the underlying database will allow it).

Once that's done, I'll leave things ticking over again for perhaps a week and then the forum will be moved to live on a little box near my feet here at home. This will almost certainly break shitloads of internal links etc but I will do what I can, I'll try to get the domain and paths and stuff 'right', and if we all think really positive thoughts and hold each other's hands, we should come through the darkness more or less unscathed.

(You, Ensign - yes, you at the back in the red t-shirt; you might want to change into something more blue before we set off).
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:31 pm

WE LOVE YOU ROB
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 pm

I LOVE ME TOO, 'BEEZ.

Oh, and of course I love you all too.

But that goes without saying, ne c'est pas?
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:54 am

AH, GODS, MY HEART, LOOK WHO POSTED
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:28 pm

Hey, family - I've run through it now and all has gone okay from what I can see.

However, for personal reasons I can't do this tomorrow now, so it will be one night in the coming week, I'll try to give everyone as much notice as I can.

Cheers!

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:33 pm

That is very considerate of you. I hope life is treating you well.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:13 am

You should friend him on FB. He has the cutest kid on earth.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:44 pm

Why thank you Bees, that's a very nice thing to say. :-)

Right, here goes, listen up and spread the word. The forum will be down between about 7:30pm and 10pm GMT on Thursday evening.

When it comes back up, I will have redirected Ultimate-Wurlde.com to my little web server at home. However, there's every chance that this will take a while to take effect everywhere etc, so if you get stuck, visit

www.robsoftcloud.net

for help.

Right now, robsoftcloud.net/phpBB2 will already get you an out of date copy of the forum (don't let it fool you!) but on Thursday night when it all comes back up, robsoftcloud.net/phpBB2 will point to the live forum, as well as ultimate-wurlde.com/phpBB2. This way, even if the ultimate-wurlde address change takes a while to get around, you can still access the forum.

Hope that makes sense - it's late, it's been a bloody long day for me already today.

Cheers
Rob

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:12 am

This forum needs more rob again.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Hey guys - just to say REAL LIFE again - little one is teething really badly and I need to attend to her tonight. I'll move the forum tomorrow night (Friday), same time as was planned tonight.

Sorry for the short notice, it's just Nic and myself here with Olivia and so sometimes I just ave to stop what I was planning to do for the night.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 pm

We almost named our baby Olivia too. Well, middle name. It was going to be Eve Olivia. She's teething now too, I think she is up to six teeth now.

Return to “Feedback”