Error EMAILLER.PHP 234

Rules, tests, complaints, suggestions, and crackerbreads.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Rob
Oh yes.

Error EMAILLER.PHP 234

Postby Rob » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:10 am

Sorry this is biting some of you. It's something to do with the way the software sends out email acknowledgements or notifications. I'll get it fixed asap.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:59 am

Yeah, I jus' got it too. Although my post stil went up ok.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:38 am

The very short-term workaround is probably to disable all email notifications. As it's biting some people more than others, I imagine it is something that is affected by your own preferences. I've tried to install sendmail on the server (which is what the online help for this error suggests) but I've clearly got some config issues as the problem hasn't yet gone away :-(
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Okay, previously I would get the same problem when I tried to send a PM, but following my latest bout of fucking-around-with-shit-behind-the-scenes, the errors have gone away for me.

Your mileage* may vary, please let me know if you continue to experience this problem.

*unless you're using the metric system, in which case your kilometre-age may also vary.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:26 pm

Rob wrote:Okay, previously I would get the same problem when I tried to send a PM, but following my latest bout of fucking-around-with-shit-behind-the-scenes, the errors have gone away for me.

Your mileage* may vary, please let me know if you continue to experience this problem.

*unless you're using the metric system, in which case your kilometre-age may also vary.

Let's try this!
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:26 pm

OMGBEES wrote:
Rob wrote:Okay, previously I would get the same problem when I tried to send a PM, but following my latest bout of fucking-around-with-shit-behind-the-scenes, the errors have gone away for me.

Let's try this!

Seems fixed!
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Bingo!

Return to “Feedback”