Downtime, contacting Rob etc

Rules, tests, complaints, suggestions, and crackerbreads.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Rob
Oh yes.

Downtime, contacting Rob etc

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Hi guys, sorry for the downtime. We had the old 'session table full' problem, and although a few of you managed to get hold of me it took me a while to get round to dealing with it (I need to sort myself out some remote access to this, I guess).

Anyway, apparently this problem doesn't happen in the new version of PHPBB so you can expect me to find a couple of hours over Xmas to do an upgrade. I'll warn you in advance as much as I can.

If you need to get me, rob@robsoft.net will always find me. Gobo got me pretty quickly, and then TMCM got me on Facebook, and I really appreciate you both doing that. You can get me on twitter too, though to be honest the robsoft.net email address is the quickest way to get me. It's just that this time around I was out for an evening and had no access back to the forum from outside - sorry. :-)
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:29 pm

...and there are sessions piling up again already. I seem to remember last time this was either a rogue web spider thingy or just someone making lots of calls to the various pages. I'll keep an eye on it tonight and if it fills up I'll kill it. If there's a quick-fix from PHPBB (and I think there is) I'll get it stashed in there tomorrow night.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks Rob, you 'da man. :)
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:59 pm

Good work getting it back up fella.

Return to “Feedback”