Taking Care of Business

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Taking Care of Business

Postby Dynagrip » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:37 am

You know, I don't have any real problems with my coworkers, but some of the shit they do really gets on my nerves.

Like my cubicle mate. This guy regularly talks on the phone with his wife about their son's shit. Like I need to hear that. I don't give a fuck how much there was or the consistency. Jesus christ, how fucking important is this that you have to get called at work and receive an update on your kid's stool?
Last edited by Dynagrip on Thu Jul 24, 2003 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:42 am

Oh, I thought you meant shit as in stuff, not shit literally, damned those people are fucked up.

Almost as bad as the guy I used to work with who took "trophies"

"Yeah, that's nice Dave, put that poloroid away"
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:42 am

The only grumbling I can offer is that at the lab I worked in, this one fat asian lab tech would always bring in some kind of fish soup, and upon microwaving it, spread the greasy stench throughout the entire break/meeting room. He would then proceed to eat the soup through the ancient method of legend, slurping.

Also, the computer that everyone used always seemed to have this inexplicable bulid-up of brown scum on the mouse. I would have to take a paper towel, and press down very hard to try and scrape it off. I never figured out what it was...

Magic Placebo
i sukc

Postby Magic Placebo » Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:02 am

Thorn wrote:Also, the computer that everyone used always seemed to have this inexplicable bulid-up of brown scum on the mouse. I would have to take a paper towel, and press down very hard to try and scrape it off. I never figured out what it was...

Deteriorating skin, most likely.
As well a stool, food, and other assorts, depending on the hygiene consistancy of your group.
Shit mice.

jeku meleku
Minister of Sermons

Postby jeku meleku » Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:34 am

That used to build up a lot on my Dreamcast controllers. And it's on my keyboard and mouse. I guess if I actually took the time to c... cl... clean... my room, it would have someplace better to go.

Luminaire
Forum Jesus

Postby Luminaire » Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:44 am

I don't work in the same building as my co-workers(they still count as co-workers though, because I said so). That would be creepy, cause 'I work out of the home.'

Anyhow, there's one lady there who baby talks everyone. I mean, super cutesy-wutesy cuddly silly talk. To the clients. To their pets. To the other receptionists. To the UPS guy. To me. To the doctor. It's really, really disturbing.

On a semi-related note, I am fairly sure she snorts coke. But then again, working with some of the other people she is forced into contact with, I don't blame her in the least.

shorty
Floydian Hate

Postby shorty » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:45 am

Magic Placebo wrote:
Thorn wrote:Also, the computer that everyone used always seemed to have this inexplicable bulid-up of brown scum on the mouse. I would have to take a paper towel, and press down very hard to try and scrape it off. I never figured out what it was...

Deteriorating skin, most likely.
As well a stool, food, and other assorts, depending on the hygiene consistancy of your group.
Shit mice.

It's sweat residue. I have to wipe that shit off of my mouse whenever I'm done using it.
A paranoid is merely someone who is in posession of all the facts.

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:49 am

Is sweat residue brown and sticky, smelling faintly of soy sauce? I bet it was from their food...

Magic Placebo
i sukc

Postby Magic Placebo » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:57 am

Thorn wrote:Is sweat residue brown and sticky, smelling faintly of soy sauce? I bet it was from their food...

Or... it could be from soy. That fantastic substitute.

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:59 am

Well. All their food had soy sauce in it. There were packets of that stuff everywhere.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:39 am

Maybe they just began to sweat it.

Lethe
Colonel Catfork

Postby Lethe » Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:28 pm

One of the workers in my cubicle group insists on playing teeny bopper pop trash at an obscenely loud volume. He's 35, married, has a kid, and his favorite artist is Enrique Iglesias.

On the plus side, it allowed me to petition for the right to wear headphones at work.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:52 pm

tieing up the Bloomberg terminal by wasting time looking at news and stock prices when I need it to look up PNI on several hundred mortgage-backed assets. Fucker, theres TWO terminals and EVERYONE needs them for their WORK. we all know you don't do SHIT around here could you please quielty NOT DO SHIT on your own terminal so as to not get undefoot of the people who actually do need to work?
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:47 pm

Jesus fuck, I'm going to throw in baby talking to your infant on the phone while at work. Do I really need to hear you ask your rugrat to give the phone back to mommy 18 times? Dear god, make it stop. Why the hell did I have to leave my CD's at home today so now I can't drown out the cutesy talk?

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:48 pm

It's times like that, I listen to the voices in my head.

Magic Placebo
i sukc

Postby Magic Placebo » Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:16 am

Kauser wrote:It's times like that, I listen to the voices in my head.

Damn it! I only have video in my head, but no voices! Damn it!
Do you have interactivity?

Boondock Saint
Mad Zealot

Postby Boondock Saint » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:10 pm

Man, im glad i dont have a job with cubicles...an people who talk to their wives. The only phone talking is when the cooks call their rides to go home...and that is in spanish. But what i truely cant stand is the fryalator and its constant beeping. I swear, if one stops 3 more start. Drives me crazy. Next time you go into a McDonalds, listen for 5 minutes and you will hear what im talking about.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:12 pm

ding, pies are done....
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:16 pm

That's why I always disassemble my firearm and leave it in the car before going into a Mc D's

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:56 pm

This guy I work with is a low talker. He mumbles when he's talking, he doesn't understand that he needs to either speak up or turn around to talk to you when you're behind him, and when you're far away or in a noisy environment he talks as though you were two feet in front of him. And I'm not too sure about his listening skills either, I was having lunch with him and a friend:
Me: Steel Battalion is cool because when your mech is destroyed and you don't eject, they delete your save.
Friend: Yeah, that's awesome.
...one minute later...
Low talker: And I heard that when you don't eject your save is deleted.
Friend: ...uhh...yeah, that's pretty cool.

We just had to look at each other and shake our heads.

Return to “Angry Thoughts”