Alexander the Great's big time happy thong party

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:34 am

Do you happen to know a good site that I could purchase english translated manga? I've been looking for things like Hellsing, and have only been able to find the original japanese version.

Unfortunately, other than the names of various demons, I know no japanese. Keep in mind this knowledge does not extend to the actual language it's written in.

mia
Forum Jesus

Postby mia » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:36 am

You could go to a local Barnes & Nobles or a Borders Bookstore and they should be stalked up in English translated manga. =O I've seen them, they have a lot of them.
piggies

Spidey
Disciple

Postby Spidey » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:46 am

Quite a few GameStops carry english translated manga as well.
Sometimes I like to wear your clothes when you're not home.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:48 am

Apparently the Hellsing series doesn't exist in english though. Not sure why.

mia
Forum Jesus

Postby mia » Fri Jul 18, 2003 7:51 am

I'm going to prolly go to B&N or Borders, I'll check it out. Hmm...I wonder why they don't have it listed. They have Dragon Knight collection, and Bakerutsu Hunters..why not Hellsing. =/

I'm going to go to maybe purchase some Henna Tattoo stuff, so yeah. =)
piggies

Luminaire
Forum Jesus

Postby Luminaire » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:40 am

Since Lupin was mentioned in this thread at one point(probably), I'll just point this out....

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:00 am

Well, I've watched the first two eps. of FLCL now, and I'm still wondering whether it or Excel Saga makes less sense. . . but I'm likin' it! Anyone that's watched FLCL before and is watching it on AS, are they cutting the hell out of it, or is it pretty intact?
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Luminaire
Forum Jesus

Postby Luminaire » Wed Aug 06, 2003 5:01 am

What's bizarre is at just about the same time we posted the same thing in two different forums. Figures.

mia
Forum Jesus

Postby mia » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:21 am

It's supposed to be more insane than El-Hazard. Sounds interesting. =)
piggies

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:42 am

El Hazard was hardly insane. It was pretty damn straight forward.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Sep 06, 2003 5:03 am

Kauser wrote:Apparently the Hellsing series doesn't exist in english though. Not sure why.

This just in, the English edition of the Hellsing manga will be coming to our shores shortly. I just read it in the latest copy of CSN, but unfortunately, I can't find that copy, so exact dates are beyond me. It looks as though it's in a regular-size format as opposed to the miniaturized manga books that have been in use for pretty much everything that isn't Shonen Jump lately.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:17 am

Too-Much-Coffee-Man wrote:Well, I've watched the first two eps. of FLCL now, and I'm still wondering whether it or Excel Saga makes less sense. . . but I'm likin' it! Anyone that's watched FLCL before and is watching it on AS, are they cutting the hell out of it, or is it pretty intact?

Cutting the hell out of it. Ta-Kun and Mamimi are sleeping together; when Mamimi says she's overflowing, she's referring to her intense need to have sex. Also, the horns grow anytime Ta think something perverted. Also, Mamimi is an arsonist obsessed with a videogame. She burned down their school, yadda yadda yadda, hence Canti.

Just for anyone who cares, I have a bid on eBay for the Haibane Renmei doujinshi, by Yoshitoshi ABe, issue 1. It's at $40.99 right now, and hopefully won't go any higher.
Actually, I'd think it was really cool if I saw Jesus in my icecream too. A tyrannosaur in an F14 would be even cooler.
-Bunyip, a man for all seasonings.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:28 am

Square721BT wrote:Cutting the hell out of it. Ta-Kun and Mamimi are sleeping together; when Mamimi says she's overflowing, she's referring to her intense need to have sex. Also, the horns grow anytime Ta think something perverted. Also, Mamimi is an arsonist obsessed with a videogame. She burned down their school, yadda yadda yadda, hence Canti.

That's funny, considering one of AS's commercial cards claimed they only made one edit to the entire series, and it was in the last episode. Are those other edits possibly just radical differences resulting from the English translation/American sensibilities?

mtdew
Politically Disheveled

Postby mtdew » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:35 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:Other series' I would like to see picked up:

Naruto

Turns out they did. Look for it in late Sept.

I just got into the series, though I've fucking plunged right in after the first few eps. I'll hit the end soon enough and let it go. Thank god.

edit: 4 min's until ep 95-96 is done. narutofan.com and $4 gets a few dozen episodes down.
beware the angry can of mountain dew
stomping around and craving blood.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:07 am

Yeah, I'm almost loathe to admit this, but since Square isn't around these here parts anymore, I feel semi-safe... 4 Kids actually did a damn sight better job with Naruto than the hack job they did on One Piece. Naruto at least feels... mostly whole. The voicework isn't nearly as atrocious, either. I'm still going to be picking up the dvds, however.

Return to “Angry Thoughts”