The Official FUCK RIGHT OFF Thread

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:02 pm

Right, I preordered Borderlands on steam because it was coming out earlier. An hour before the download was meant to start it got changed to a week later. The preloaded files included a censored version for Australia, despite the game not needing it. Then I spent an entire afternoon attempting to download it from Steam, only it kept restarting after a few Gb in.
So in the end I went and bought it from EB a couple of days before the steam release date and got my money back.
Good thing too, that was about the only game I could play when I was on the rig after that time because the internet connection was down the entire time. gg
i before e except after a few beers

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Fri May 28, 2010 5:14 pm

what the fuck

OK, that's just shocking. even for glenn beck. This man deserves all the shit that hopefully will be coming to him on this sleazy move.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Fri May 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Apparently the Nazi well ran dry.

I'm honestly surprised anyone really listens to him.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat May 29, 2010 6:57 pm

I'm not quite as scared by the people that listen to him as I am by the ones who wear his commandments on a t-shirt.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:16 pm

GB has commandments? How come this isn't a popular source of ridicule on the interenets?
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Israel.

For storming an aid ship on its way to Gaza and killing / taking prisoner aid volunteers and then releasing a crappy video of the event showing that they were attacked with sticks.

Which is like bringing sticks to a assault rifle fight. Oh wait!

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:42 pm

... so like, people read the old testimant right? This is normal israeli treatment of their neighbors.

Jason Mustian

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:55 pm

hobokenbob wrote:GB has commandments? How come this isn't a popular source of ridicule on the interenets?

I figured his self proclaiming of being the avatar of Godwin's Law would be enough.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Vuvuzelas can fuck right off. Every game is like listening to an angry swarm of bees.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Pretty much that scene over and over.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:57 am

Welp, my oldest nephew has joined our household and he is the embodiment of everything that annoys me.

Tonight, the dishwasher broke and with 8 people in the house, 6 unwilling to do dishes, it's a pain in the butt to clean up after every meal.
To top that, the pipe on the water heater semi-exploded causing quite a bit of flooding in the front part of the house. That also means no water until the new heater is installed. Hopefully, we'll be getting a replacement for the water heater in the morning, but it's incredibly annoying right now.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:19 am

Goddammit. I am sick to puking death of talking to democrats and 'liberals', and having them be repeatedly amazed at my dislike for Bill Clinton. Like, since I'm on the left, it's a requirement that I LOVE the guy. He is to Democrats what Ronald Reagan is to Republicans. Goddamn catnip, in other words.

"He balanced the budget! Isn't it great that he balanced the budget? That surplus was awesome! YAY BALANCE BUDGET! BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET BLAAAAARGH" or some variation of, is what I always hear whenever I tell them I'm not his biggest fan. And it's all I hear. Yes ok he balanced the budget, huzzah for him. As though the freaking budget is all there is to being President. ARGH.

What about DOMA, eh? How about DADT? What about his aggressive rollback, defanging, or delay of loads of environmental and financial regulations? Alan motherfuckin' Greenspan, for fuck's sake. ALAN GREENSPAN, one of the biggest financial plagues to ever slime the earth! The bombings in Somalia. Expanding the number of federal crimes that qualify for the death penalty. Made a further joke out of an already relatively 'meh' Kyoto Protocol. Supported most of Newt Gingrich's bullshit Contract with America.

In short? Fuck Bill Clinton. And stop being baffled when I say I don't like him, dammit.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:51 am

I probably would have screwed Monica Lewinski too.
i before e except after a few beers

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Man, really?
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress wrote:Goddammit. I am sick to puking death of talking to democrats and 'liberals', and having them be repeatedly amazed at my dislike for Bill Clinton. Like, since I'm on the left, it's a requirement that I LOVE the guy. He is to Democrats what Ronald Reagan is to Republicans. Goddamn catnip, in other words.

"He balanced the budget! Isn't it great that he balanced the budget? That surplus was awesome! YAY BALANCE BUDGET! BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET BLAAAAARGH" or some variation of, is what I always hear whenever I tell them I'm not his biggest fan. And it's all I hear. Yes ok he balanced the budget, huzzah for him. As though the freaking budget is all there is to being President. ARGH.

What about DOMA, eh? How about DADT? What about his aggressive rollback, defanging, or delay of loads of environmental and financial regulations? Alan motherfuckin' Greenspan, for fuck's sake. ALAN GREENSPAN, one of the biggest financial plagues to ever slime the earth! The bombings in Somalia. Expanding the number of federal crimes that qualify for the death penalty. Made a further joke out of an already relatively 'meh' Kyoto Protocol. Supported most of Newt Gingrich's bullshit Contract with America.

In short? Fuck Bill Clinton. And stop being baffled when I say I don't like him, dammit.

Your criticism are mostly based on social policy? (short of Greenspan - there really was some kind of godlike worship of him in the 90s-00s) You realize that politicians from both sides of the isle basically fuck us over by getting us to concentrate on social policy right?

If you want to be pissed about Clinton, what about signing Glass Steagal and the CFMA? Clinton was all too happy to balance the budget off of an insane stock market bubble he had no trouble not questioning or worrying about. He was a corporatist, just like the bushes, just like obama.

every politician is a corporatist now with the exception of maybe Sanders and Kucinich (who might lose his seat to redistricting). We've got a newly elected representative being sworn in the other day who was essentially bought by the financial services industry, put on the committee to regulate that industry. Until people start caring about the boring math in this country, we'll all be willing dupes to what's basically become a kleptocracy. The government has become nothing more than the strong arm of the elite minority of mega corporations that own us all. The Darth Vader to their Emperor Palpatine. they have to be: they get almost all the campaign money from them, are allowed to buy tv ads from their networks, and mainly come from the wealth that they hold.

Jason Mustian

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:53 pm

I understand all that, but I don't see an issue with most of my criticism being "based on social policy". This was a rant, based on nothing more than my response to the RCA dog look I get every time I say I don't like Clinton. Leaving Glass-Steagall off the list was an oversight, not a lack of criticism on the issue.

That said, I disagree with you. While I definitely don't think we should focus only on social issues, I don't think we should focus solely on economics, either. In fact, things like the recent Lilly Ledbetter Act are an example of both.

The things you mentioned are worth being upset about. Doesn't mean the other things should be forgotten.

(On Alan Greenspan for a quick second; don't be so quick to write him off as a bad case of hero worship. He and his policies are a rather sizable part of the catalyst for the mess we find ourselves in today.)

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:39 pm

... You know, if I really have to see the 'any sort of gun control = Naziism' crap-tastic, nonsensical argument one more time, I'm going to have to kill someone. But not with a gun.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Wed May 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Wait, what? I hate people a little more 'cause of this.

Return to “Angry Thoughts”