The Official FUCK RIGHT OFF Thread

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:17 am

Push him off of you, silly pablo.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:42 am

So, since my 360 red-ringed my brother-in-law has been picking at me asking how far along I've gotten in certain games I was playing on my 360.
Last night he turns on his 360, BAM! Error 68!
Tried to blame it on me because I had been swapping out hard drives to play mine on his 360. Too bad I hadn't played that night or the night before. So far, wiggling, unplugging, and replugging have worked pretty well.

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:59 am

Lazy research on the Internet suggests the most common cause of E68 is a badly seated hard drive.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:42 am

Which is why there is wiggling and unplugging and replugging. I don't know. He does it, I use my own.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Shrug, badly seated hard drives are not a cause for drama.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:24 am

Um, okay.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:29 am

It just means when his hard drive got put back in, it didn't get plugged in all the way. That's all.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:37 pm

There is a reason why I don't socialize with the outside world. Someone asks me what I do and I say I'm a banker, and two things happen:

1) person jokes that I should "take home a few bags of money for him one day". really? bags? wtf are we living in the 19th century?

2) then person wants to try to impress me by 'talking shop' on the economy/business/gold standard/cool stock they just heard about/ what they should do on their motherfucking 401k.

guy, I'm not your financial adviser. I could give a damn about your stock/ 401k/gold fucking dabloons.

And do you really have any fucking clue at all about financial regulations, regulatory bodies, size and scope of the players in the business of loaning money, and to who, and what for? Because I've studied and worked with this stuff for years and I haven't the foggiest idea about 99% of what happens in this strange meta economy.

But one thing I do know, is that your smug parroting of some retarded radio talk show host that "Jimmy Carter's CRA caused the housing bubble" is fucking false, and "Fannie and Freddy" were forced by government regulation to make all those sub prime loans"? They make a fraction of the loans in the housing market, their main role is as a guarantor of loans (difference!) and only conforming loans. [strikethrough]Most[/strikethrough] Just about all of sub prime loans were made by UNregulated agents, and most of those were non-conforming (jumbo or ARM), and thus did not involve Fannie and Freddy at all!

Seriously, I wanted to take you to task for your ignorance and genuine absense of critical thinking. F n F have been around since 1938 doing it's thing, all of a sudden now it's a problem? Why because they started giving out loans to 'coloreds'? But I can't, in polite company, because I need to make nice! Thank god I was drinking heavily. I even made a mini drinking game of your stupidy. Could you tell? I sucked down that martini right fucking quick.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:39 am

I only lasted 2 years working for a bank. Shitty job.
I got the same thing with the moneybags, even though I didn't handle any cash the entire time I was there. Spent most of my time correcting errors when term deposits rolled over, cheques were read incorrectly by the machine and my personal favourite, finding out where to send the mail that was returned to sender.
i before e except after a few beers

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:17 am

Because Popeye teaches us that all bank transactions involve burlap bags with large $ on them.
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:24 am

Maybe they mean those thick, locked bags that stores use to transfer cash in. I know that, when I worked in the warehouse, as I was counting thousands of dollars into one and wondering whether I should use my paycheck for food or rent, I was pretty tempted to just walk off with one.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 am

Not that I want to bring up the Tiger Woods thing at all, but this sort of spans his, Letterman's, and other famous star's ... troubles.

I am soooooo fucking sick to goddamn death of hearing people making excuses for these guys along the lines of "Well, they never claimed to be saints..." Wait wait wait, what the fuck? They never claimed to be moderately decent human beings, so that's a perfectly acceptable excuse for acting like dicks and fucking around on their wives?

"Oh, well, I never claimed I wasn't a mass murderer..."
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:24 pm

I don't care about what anyone does in the bedroom, even tiger woods.

alternative response: obviously this is all because of gay marriage in MA and Iowa.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:37 pm

A friend of mine, who moved out of state last year, called me to tell me he'd be in town this August. When I suggested getting together, he said that he had to reconnect with tons of people and there wasn't much time, but maybe he could pencil me in for a lunch.

I've known this guy for nigh on twelve years now. We went to college together. And... PENCIL ME IN? FUCK'S SAKE.

Enclosed please find instructions detailing your destination, a detailed description of the activity you're to engage in when you reach said destination, a list of acceptable objects to aid in the aforementioned action, and the acceptable orientation of said object
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:43 pm

DLC can seriously FRO

I'm nearly exclusively a PC gamer, so purchasing mods is already appalling, but I'm also a whore for bioware and bought pre ordered mass effect 2 "digital deluxe edition" So I log into my damn ea account (that I had to make for similar reason for dragon age), plug in my keys, download my contents, and install them. then i turn on the game and try to log into my network from there... and can't! and because I can't log into my ea account from the game, I can't use my installed content!

the same thing happened with dragon age, but i was only missing out on some lame sounding pre-order items, and didn't buy any addons.

Is DLC always this much of a fucking hassle? how about just selling me a game, the whole game all at once?

Jason Mustian

Eolh
Serious Business

Postby Eolh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:10 am

As a PC gamer you should also be used to the fact that highly anticipated games with relatively new centralized networking infrastructures will be mostly unreliable for at least a week.
Your mind has been transported back in time...and to Mars.

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:15 am

Also, if you're running Peer Guardian or Peer Block or something similar, it will block the traffic. The only way you can really tell is opening up its list and trying again, and seeing if five or so IPs suddenly scroll by.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:53 pm

My misery had plenty of company, the issue was that EA's servers were down - NO ONE could authorize their game online for a period of about 3 hours last night. How can a giant international corporation anticipating a blockbuster release not be able to handle this?

They were not the only ones, Steam unlock took almost 15 minutes before I even got to that mess, since their servers were under stress.

maybe these companies can stop treating their legit customers like dirty thieves?

Jason Mustian

OMGBEES

Postby OMGBEES » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:47 pm

That's never going to happen. More realistic would be asking them to set up a stress environment that can be swung in in times of stress, and to do load testing with loads that are several times their expected volumes.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 pm

The crazy thing is, and I'm sure someone can go back into the archives of this forum and grind my nose into it, but I was adamantly anti-pirate games, and felt publishers have every right to try to protect their property. But then again the tools they were using at the time were far less brutal than the current batch. I mean, Mass Effect is a single player game, it shouldn't even need an internet connection to play.

Does either side realize their arms race is going to lead to a mutually assured destruction of their godamn industry/hobby?

Jason Mustian

Return to “Angry Thoughts”