The Official FUCK RIGHT OFF Thread

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:24 pm

Do not call up what you cannot put down.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:11 am

Oh gods yes. Those fuckers need a good dip in boiling oil.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:38 pm

Corpus Christi - Cambridge can fuck right off. Smuggest bastards ever to win University Challenge? I'd say so. Unsufferable pricks made watching the last five minutes unbearable. I didn't stick around for the prizegiving, was too much to bear.

Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:49 pm

You actually watch something like that for entertainment dogmeat!?!?!

I'm starting to think you may be a robot.

You better ask the wizard for a better cover story cause I'm on to you tinman.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:41 am

OMGBEES wrote:As much as I like DLM that sounds like a derailed train. I'm definitely going to steal it before I buy it.

Have you gotten around to doing so yet? And if so, is it a trainwreck or no?
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:03 am

Tracy keeps saying she's going to vote it in for anime night. It hasn't been a big driving forcr for me.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:48 pm

dogmeat wrote:Corpus Christi - Cambridge can fuck right off. Smuggest bastards ever to win University Challenge? I'd say so. Unsufferable pricks made watching the last five minutes unbearable. I didn't stick around for the prizegiving, was too much to bear.

Ha ha ha ha. :)

Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:58 pm

dogmeat wrote:
dogmeat wrote:Corpus Christi - Cambridge can fuck right off. Smuggest bastards ever to win University Challenge? I'd say so. Unsufferable pricks made watching the last five minutes unbearable. I didn't stick around for the prizegiving, was too much to bear.

Ha ha ha ha. :)

I wonder who tipped them off.

Perhaps a certain dog bot.

:shock:

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:37 am

People that advertise Nintendo DS systems (or any system, really) on eBay by saying "w/ 5 games!" or "w/ 30 games!" or however many, when what they really come with is one of those 5-in-1 game carts that's typically found in the discount bin at Wal-Mart, can FRO. Not that I wasn't looking forward to playing Mouser, or Zappy's Revenge, or Gold Quest, especially when you get all that fun on one cart, but...

Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:13 am

The CBC can Fuck Right off.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2008-2009/top_gun/video.html

I used to have respect for the cbc. Never thought for a instant that it would result to sensationalized journalism like Global ((Fox North)). Maybe I'd expect to see something like this on CTV but even then I'd be surprised.

This type of journalism isn’t normally practiced on the cbc. And it sickens me to know my tax dollars went to help fund this garbage broadcast.

They are blaming Brandon’s death on his xbox. But they don't mention the fact that the xbox has paternal controls, password protection etc and so forth.

And then they say ohh the rating label isn;t enough. Ohh rated M doesn’t raise any red flags to parents. Most can't read I’m guessing because listing things on a game like violence and gore ... these are just big words the average joe can't understand.

The utter bias of the program .... gah

I used to laugh when I saw programs on fox showing that ohh youth crime can be linked to pong. I used to laugh and think wow how the hell does that count as journalism. A story like that would never see the light of day here.

I have lost total faith in the CBC. I never expected they would use the death of a troubled teen to push anti video game propaganda.

I'm actually afraid of what will be on next week. Blaming teen pregnancy on Elvis ? His shaking hips makes all the girls just lose control.

Click the link if you want to see a travesty in journalism.

Fuck ... I don't know where to get my news from now.

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:51 am

gamepolitics.com had something on this. There seems to be some real pressure for validity in linking games with violence, like it's the newest McDonald triad.

Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:56 am

Kauser wrote:gamepolitics.com had something on this. There seems to be some real pressure for validity in linking games with violence, like it's the newest McDonald triad.

They had a nice link to the Sun
http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment ... 6-sun.html

Which totally calls out the program for being half assed. I have regained some faith in humanity. Too bad it came from the dirty toronto sun ... ewww

dogmeat
Goat In!

Postby dogmeat » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:38 pm

Missouri police... I mean seriously.

hobokenbob
Uncle Bob

Postby hobokenbob » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:47 pm

there probably is a link. unfortunately so few people seem to understand that correlation /= causation.

I'm trying to kill as many idiots who make that mistake as I can but I'm only one man however well FPS's have trained me to shoot for real guns.
In fairness, we've been building 'ground zeros' near Iraqi mosques since March 2003.

Jason Mustian

Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:14 pm

dogmeat wrote:Missouri police... I mean seriously.

Hmm the Wii friend codes put a stop to weridos getting your kid.

I find it funny they say, no adult should be playing this game.

Just like no adult should ever be at a park! They should be inside filing their taxes and talking about politics.

Aren't people embarrassed when stories like this break ?

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:30 pm

AAAGH

Two years ago: "Hey, let's start a band! I play drums so that's awesome"
One and a half years ago: "I'm kind of sick of drums because I'm playing in two other projects. How about bass?"
One year ago: "So the guitar is just like bass, right? Guitar sounds pretty awesome, actually."
Three months ago: "I really want to play drums again. How cool is that?"
Today: "So I really want to sing and play guitar. Drums just don't do it for me any more."

We will never play anywhere because every time we start building a setlist we SWITCH INSTRUMENTS AAAAGH.

edit: and I'm fine with just messing around, but we also have the "this isn't GOING ANYWHERE... let's PLAY A BAR OR SOMETHING" conversations every two months and hold me I just want to be a buttercup.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

OMGBEES
No! There wasn't any herpes.

Postby OMGBEES » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:14 pm

You'll always be my buttercup.
Evocation vs. Definition: Become the water that names are writ in.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:32 pm

And you'll always be excellent, Bees.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:01 am

hobokenbob wrote:there probably is a link. unfortunately so few people seem to understand that correlation /= causation.

I'm trying to kill as many idiots who make that mistake as I can but I'm only one man however well FPS's have trained me to shoot for real guns.

From what I understand, statistically, there isn't even a correlation that exists outside the saturation of a media.

As far as an FPS training you to shoot, I think people have seen Oldboy too many times.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:03 pm

One of my nephews told a girl at school that he was going to slice her throat open and kill her. My brother took the next logical step which was banning him from violent video games. However, the only violent video game that seems to count is Left 4 Dead as he's been playing Turok and Wolfenstein regularly since then. It frustrates me that he blames it on games and not on the fact that his son is a little... off. I mean, my brother has been playing video games as long as I have. Even our parents play them. You would think he would realize it's not a game's fault. My brother's unwillingness to have his son tested for mental disorders is the main cause. Although, I am not advocating drugging the kid up (unless that would entail him leaving me alone, then I am all for it). Mental disorders run on both sides of our family, some things should just be double checked.

If the FPS genre taught me how to shoot, I would be shooting at walls and my feet a lot.

Return to “Angry Thoughts”