Nemesis

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Nemesis

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:58 am

I was just reminded of this when browsing the PA forums...

I think having a nemesis is a great experience. It's nice to have someone with whom you always know where you stand.

The most evil, conniving, persistent nemesis I faced was a girl named Mackenzie Murphy in highschool. She was popular, attractive, and number two in our class. She hated being number two, so naturally she hated me.

She talked so much shit, I would overhear her bitch about me in the halls all the time. She would bitch to her neighbors about me, which I found kind of strange. Also, her being popular was a damn big problem, because she was able to mobilize an effective bitchy, sniping cadre of allies. I wish I had the chance to make her cry. Stupid Mackenzie Murphy.

With a girl nemesis, you have to choose your response carefully. You can't just walk up to her and beat her senseless, or call her a cunt and scratch her eyes out. You have to be subtle and discrete, patient as well.

My first nemesis would be Mitch from kindegarten. God, I hated that fucker. He led a little gang of kids, I was in a bunch of scrapes with them. But, we were little kids, so no real damage was done. I actually ran into him about 8 years later and in a different state. I was able to recognize him, which I think surprised him. I didn't really have any harsh things to say, it was more of a "Hey, I know you" kind of moment.

Next was Michael Paul Black in Catholic elementary school. He was a disturbed little shit. My first run in with him was when I was touring the school. I was curious about what was going on in the gym and I peeked through the crack of the partially open door. The little fucker pushed my head into the door and ran off. We had a fuckload of fights. Actually, everyone fought at that place, the nuns' heyday was long past. No more iron discipline meted out with rulers of justice.

The last of my physical foes would be Ricky Rodriguez in middleschool. He was pretty much a spoiled fucker, with a propensity for backstabbing. Most of my nemeses started out or had the potential to be friends. I guess that's why I view them in such a poor light. Anyway, this guy was a total fucker in shop class. He led a group in harrassing me. Until I jumped up, told him I was sick of it, and kicked his ass. It was very cinematic and after school special-ish. I think the embarrassment of him getting his ass kicked by me may have led to him going to a new school.

That's pretty much my top 4 list of enemies. I'm glad they never banded together under a common banner to face me. I would have been totally screwed. I kind of miss having a nemesis, junior year of highschool is probably the last time I actually had one. I couldn't consider any of the people I hated in college or at work as true nemeses.

Anyway, enough nostalgia from me. Has anyone else set up this kind of comicbook-like little world for themselves?

mtdew
Politically Disheveled

Postby mtdew » Fri Aug 01, 2003 8:23 am

Joey is a study in betrayal. In kindergarten we were best friends. He lived across the street, so he was a natural ally in the lemonade stand wars. He attended PM classes and I AM classes, so I never really got to know him in a truly social environment. We went to the zoo together; a toucan almost perched on my head. In first grade the two classes came together for the first time, and by my first memory of first grade (after visiting it in kindergarten, learning they did word problems there) the social structure for the next 6 years was mostly solidified. Problem was, he was on the cool side and I, with baby fat on the bum, was not. Joey Studnuts (I can't remember how to spell is real surname) became the enemy, though confrontations were entirely one-sided. Last I heard he went to Boys Town for hitting a teacher with a baseball bat. I guess I win.

Next was Cole. 3rd grade. He was a bad kid, but he couldn't quite keep on the cool side consistently. Sometimes he would try to kick me, and I would grab his foot, call him "cement head," and make him fall over. That was the extent of it.

Next was Brian Cash. Vicious little twerp, 7th grade. Liked to play the sarcastic card in class. Bumped into me once, broke a scab upon my books, got pissed, and rubbed the blood on my shirt. We had wrapped up an STD / AIDS seminar that day with our strictest teacher; he wasn't that bright. A few hours later he came to me begging to buy me a new shirt, and I was happy.

Not nearly has comic-bookish as Dyna's, but I don't incur much hate either. I ghosted through high school, or flat-out intimidated people, and we had a fairly close class. No nemeses after 7th grade, though my recent ex did hate me that year on petty academic grounds.
beware the angry can of mountain dew
stomping around and craving blood.

toaster
Füture Kïng of Liechtënsteïn

Postby toaster » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:13 am

I took my Nemesis from kindergarten to Junior school, 8 years altogether.

His name was Michael Ulke and he was what you could call a problem child, and I was apparently his biggest problem.

In Kindergarten it started off rather innocently, we had two "gangs" of kids that usually played against each other when there was something to play, the old cops and robbers thing.
However, it slowly turned into real rivalship, and even in Kindergarten we two were constantly squabbling, scratches, bloody noses but nothing serious.
It became difficult when these two "gangs" went to junior school.
Ironically, one gang became the 1a (my gang) while the others became 1b, with one exception: Me.
So, there I was, stuck in Indian territory, behind enemy lines, among Charlie.
Needless to say the next 6 years were often difficult. Though I got along with most of my new classmates, Ulke and 2 others (his right and left hand) had a nice time making my life hell.
Since he was a dumbass and I could read a bit and multiply before I went to school, he had an easy time calling me a nerd and a striver, though I was probably the laziest of the whole class.
Sports lessons were esp. nasty. It happened to be that he, one of his ass kissers and I were the best of our class in handball, the preferred sport at our junior school.
There are many ways to hurt somebody while playing Handball, I'd rate it at least as brutal and dangerous as hockey.
Whenever a school-selection was formed, these two refused to play with me, which complicated things even further, in 4th class the trainer left me home, while in the next year he refused to take them into the team.
They blamed me, and subsequently waited for a chance to take revenge.

Junior School Menz, somewhen winter '95, cellar corridor, outside the handicraft room

Ulke and his 2 bullis waited for me, I was with a friend who wasn't liked by them either, they felt lucky and attempted it. It was 2 against 3 and no teacher in sight, I focused on Ulke, probably not the smartest, but the most satisfying tactics, We got beaten pretty bad, but they got their share as well, I'd call it a draw today, though it felt like victory, we finally broke off, but Ulke cried and one of his Bullies nose bled pretty bad, I don't know if he cried as well, but they didn't follow us.
After that, nothing too much noteworthy happened, Ulke left the school 7 months later and went to a school for problem children, I've never seen him again.

Than, on Gymnasium (nothing to do with sports, it's a kind of selective highschool with an attached secondary) there was that bitch Corinna Bartsch, who could be considered a Nemesis as well.

She was drop dead ambitious and you had to search very long for a teachers asshole she hadn't been in.
She was also as false as an 37pf coin, bitching about people she had just hugged and bitched with. Worst of all, she was a racist, and with my half-sister being half-Ethiopian, we argued a lot.

The last time I've seen her was on the 10th class farewell party, she knew she couldn't make it to the 13th despite her best attempts, so she quit before it's to late.
We partied on a lake in Zehdenick and everybody went skinny-dipping as the evening moved on and the alcohol flew more freely. Somebody took pictures of her saggy tits and published them at school via the wonderful invention of the photocopying-machine.

I still consider this to be my finest work of malignity ever.
Last edited by toaster on Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Aug 01, 2003 2:56 pm

Fucking psilar...
Dynagrip, you should turn your irritating co-worker into your new nemesis. For old time's sake.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:03 pm

Really cool thread. I enjoyed reading this.

I have a few suitable entries but right now I've not the inclination to dredge up the memory. Consider this a place holder until I get home tonight/tomorrow.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Aug 01, 2003 3:53 pm

Bag of Ass wrote:Fucking psilar...
Dynagrip, you should turn your irritating co-worker into your new nemesis. For old time's sake.

He's actually a nice guy and there's no real problem other than the phone stuff.

Here are some general guidelines in selecting a nemesis. You want your nemesis to be as close possible to you in capability. It's no fun to have a total clod as your mortal enemy. Also, it's a bonus if your nemesis is outwardly a great person to everyone else. This sets you up in the role of the underdog, you have to carefully dismantle your foe's network of henchmen and undermine his/her popularity.

Physical conflict is always a possibility, you should probably stick with a nemesis that won't use you to mop the floor. Likewise, you don't want someone that would make you look like a bully if you fought them, unless you are the bully.

The keys to defeating a nemesis are patience and cunning. Examine any conflict from every possible angle and never miss a chance to fuck your enemy over.

You too can have your very own Green Goblin or Lex Luthor if you follow these simple rules.

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:00 pm

I never really had any nemeses growing up, mostly just friendly rivals or bullies who relentlessly picked on me because I was smaller. Those don't really count as nemeses.

Magic Placebo
i sukc

Postby Magic Placebo » Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:35 pm

Memory lapse, plus the fact that I easily blended in with the rest of the people living in the illegitamate child of the North, cousin of the South.
Yeah, I think we got switched with California by accident.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:34 pm

What follows is the tale of my climatic battle with my middle school nemesis, Ricky Rodriguez.

First a little back-story. In sixth grade I moved to a new school, it was a pretty big change going from a private school to a public school. Anyway, I was in band and such and Ricky was a fellow alto sax. We got along pretty well. He was also in several of my non-dorkass classes.

Come seventh grade, people had started hitting their growth spurts, Ricky among them. Puberty had a couple of years before it was even going to consider showing up at my doorstep. Well, I guess that increased testosterone made him more aggressive and aware of the pecking order. As a now comparatively small kid with strong nerdish tendencies, I made excellent prey.

He and his cronies took to flicking me behind the ears in shop class and all sorts of other shit that you see happen to the poor geek in some bad sitcom. The reject shop teacher was often missing, making this damn class a total pain in the ass.

After months of torture at the hands of my tormentors, I finally snapped. Ricky was sitting behind me flicking my ear. I felt a surge of adrenaline as I made the decision to face the bastard, despite the huge size difference. I leapt to the desk with a cry, my face red with righteous anger. “Do you want to fight?!” I yelled, a somewhat unimaginative request for a duel I admit. Ricky slyly replied, “No, I just want to mess with you! Hahaha.” He glanced around to see if his minions were equally amused. Jumping from the desk, I declared, “Too bad!” And the battle was joined.

I felt like pure electric rage, made incarnate. I threw a punch to his face, I connected, doubtful that I did any real damage. Ricky was still in shock by this turn of events, he attempted a slow left hook to my face. I ducked under his sloppy punch and somehow forced my larger foe into a headlock. I threw a couple of more punches to his face as he struggled to escape. About this time the absentee teacher showed up, and the fight was quickly broken up.

Ricky tries to explain through his tears of embarrassment and shame that I attacked him. Sensing victory, I turn my back and begin the walk back to my desk. Ricky took this opportunity to grab a board and rushed at me. Luckily a bystander tackled him before he hit me in the back of the head, narrowly averting a shitty end to my war story.

During lunch, people walked by and pointed at me, wondering aloud if I was actually the kid that "beat up" Rodriguez. I was still high from my victory.

We were called to the principal’s office in fifth period. Ricky once again stated that I attacked first, which was technically true. The principal glanced at my diminutive and pudgy frame and openly scoffed. I was released from his office five minutes later as Ricky Rodriguez received additional punishment.

It was one of the best days from my junior high years.

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:07 pm

When I was in 6th grade.. I was in History class. A guy was sitting next to me and I was generally trying to annoy him. His name was Charles. He told me if I did one more thing to him, he'd punch me. I did, he got up and punched me in the eye. I got up, kicked in his knee sideways and punched him downward in the ear when he bent over grabbing his knee.
There was no teacher in the actual class but they must have heard us from next door because a teacher came running over and sent us to the principal.. because it was so late in the day, he said to come back tomorrow.. I never did go back.. and convinced Charles not to, as well..
Charles couldn't hear out of one ear for weeks.. and I broke his knee.
This was well before parents started suing the crap out of everyone for everything..

I also slammed the vice-principal's nephew into a pole.. breaking out his front teeth.. this was in 6th grade too..

I just realized.. I may be the Nemesis in these situations..

Okay, I have one..

I was in 4th grade and I lived a couple doors down from this girl. I used to go over to her house and we would "make out"* under the pool table. Then one day, she decided to tell all her friends at school that I liked to kiss her.. and somehow.. this made me the freak of the school.. but not her.. which I still don't understand to this day.. she kissed me too!!
Luckily enough, I moved to a different state at the end of the school year..

My first girlfriend's mom tried to kick my ass too.. for fucking around with her daughter..

* Note: I'm not sure how well fourth graders make out.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:21 pm

. wrote:
I just realized... I may be the Nemesis in these situations...

Ya think?

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:25 pm

Hey hey.. if he hadn't punched me.. I would have never hurt him. And he only punched me because he was bigger than I was and thought he could get away with it.

Foo-Byte
I am Finbarr Saunders

Postby Foo-Byte » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:54 pm

So your habit of breaking people's joints started early then, Plut?

I HAVE CHORTLES!

Postby . » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:26 am

Foo-Byte wrote:So your habit of breaking people's joints started early then, Plut?

Damn.. I knew I shouldn't have said anything.

No, no.. you were the first, Foo..

Yeah.. that's it..

Foo-Byte
I am Finbarr Saunders

Postby Foo-Byte » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:33 am

You girls all say the same thing! :cry:

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:09 pm

I think a big reason that the past eight years or so have seemed so drab for me is the complete lack of nemeses. I wake up each morning with no fear of someone making my life a living hell. There are no worries that I'm going to get tormented mercilessly and taunted by all my co-workers.

There's no chance for me to turn on my assailant when he least expectsit and watch him shrink at the rage that blazes from my eyes. I have no opportunity to implement intricate plans for revenge. Some of my best ideas are going to waste due to the lack of a viable target.

If only there was some internet service that I could use to find a mortal enemy. Nemester.com or something.

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:46 am

I don't think I ever got in a fight in school, although I got picked on a bit. None of that ever really mattered to me though.

Well, in high school I had my friends from from Primary school as well as a couple that we had picked up from elsewhere. The only person I've ever lost it at, I mean yelling at the top of my lungs in his face during class was Aiden Beluardi. This guy was like a remora fish sucking himself onto the smarter students. I never did find out if he had a personality, and we would constantly make up jokes that made no sense. He would laugh anyway, but he gave the same reaction to everything.

The other person was more like a real nemesis, he went by the name of Bjoern Borg. If he thought you were insulting him he would chase you around until he got a chance to punch you. I was alone in my group of friends in hating him and it pretty much remained that way until we had left high school and he was sharing a house with another of my mates. He turned into more of a moody bitch than usual and he refused to hang around us in the end because we would always make fun of him. I think the turning point was the day he went nuts and locked all of his stuff in his room, including the only tv in the house and we broke in to play tony hawk. Or maybe it was the day yaldara threw a jellyfish at his face...
I saw him at a pub last year and said "hi Bjoern, fuck off".
i before e except after a few beers

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:44 am

I seem to have a net nemesis now. Yay!

mtdew
Politically Disheveled

Postby mtdew » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:36 am

Me too!

Dyna and I seem to pitted against DrD who mods the Games and Tech forum of PA. Don't worry about a CoT vs. PA thing. The argument is entirely over at PA, and DrD has lost a lot of credibility recently. We could probably kick up to trolling status and if he banned us, he'd get the kick in the pants.

That's the unfortunate thing about this nemesis. . . he might not stick around for too long. I mean, I'm supposed to be getting enraged by him, right? I'm simply having too much fun for this to remain for long. I don't know if I really want to win this, but I think that's pretty much the inevitable result.
beware the angry can of mountain dew
stomping around and craving blood.

toaster
Füture Kïng of Liechtënsteïn

Postby toaster » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:59 am

Pablo wrote:Bjoern Borg

Like the Swedish tennis player?

Cool

Return to “Angry Thoughts”