This makes me nervous (Matrix:Revolutions) *SPOILERS*

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:44 am

Kathy wrote:Don't you fucking get it? I'm stuck at boarding school. The saddest part is that it's better than living at home and going to public school.

Note the above quoted excerpt and prepare for an avalanche of stinky bullshit in three, two, one...
Kathy wrote:Our entire family has issues.. we all suffer from depression.. we don't belong together... Fortunetly.. my brother and sister have been better off ever since they've gone away to college.. But me? I'm still here.

These two quoted sections clearly do not express the same idea; rather, they express the opposite ideas. Okay, so boarding school sucks, but it's better than living at home. What makes you think going away to college is going to be any different? Yes, most college students are more mature than most high school students and it is a totally different world, but the reason for that is because they live away from home. You've already got that part covered. Tell me, Kathy, what makes you think your life is any worse than any other kid at your boarding school, or even any other high school kid in this entire country? Then again none of us can understand your situation because we're all so stereotypical. You are the only truly unique person among us.

I'm lying.

Kathy, you are not unique. You've got more angst than the typical American teenager, but that does not make you special. You question whether any of us has gone through what you're now going through, and yes I'm sure some of us have. When your entire collection of experiences is limited to high school (which by the way is not the real world), then being older does mean we have more experience. Here's a little thought exercise. In five, maybe ten years I want you to come back to this forum and read what you've written. You will slap yourself in the face at how ridiculously angsty you were.

Shut your pie hole.

skyknyt
Forum Jesus

Postby skyknyt » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:49 am

I think you are confusing angst

angst, ängkst: A feeling of anxiety or apprehension often accompanied by depression.

with whiny

whine, hwn, wn: v. whined, whin·ing, whines
v. intr.

1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.

v. tr.

To utter with a whine.

n.

1. The act of whining.
2. A whining sound.
3. A complaint uttered in a plaintive tone.

Just my opinion on the matter.

skye
"Fuck it, Skye. Let's go bowling." - Square

"Me shut the fuck up .. oh no you are the one who shall be doing the fucking up of the shutting!" - Tweeg

mia
Forum Jesus

Postby mia » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:04 am

I'm amused that you guys haven't said Kathy can FRO already, in the FRO thread.
piggies

Kauser
Son of Perdition

Postby Kauser » Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:55 pm

Square721BT wrote:
Kauser wrote:
. wrote:Everyone judges everyone.

I don't judge anyone unless they force me to.

You keep secret files on us.

That doesn't mean I don't cherish you all dearly...

like little dolls...
Do not call up what you cannot put down.

jeku meleku
Minister of Sermons

Postby jeku meleku » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:27 pm

Kathy wrote:See.. the difference btw your explanation of stuck.. and my situation.. is that your 24 year old fucking put himself in that situation where he's "stuck". Don't you fucking get it? I'm stuck at boarding school. The saddest part is that it's better than living at home and going to public school.

That's not sad. That's stupid. If it's so much better than living at home, then just shut the fuck up and quit complaining.
I have no rights.. And when I am judged.. I don't have jurisdiction over myself.. My parents do. It's not like I can just shrug off what people think of me and ignore it. My parents are fucking crazy.. not crazy like me.. they are C R A Z Y. They've sent so many of my closest friends into therapy.. my sister attempted to commit suicide because of them.. Stayed at the hospital for a week until she was ready to come home.

For some reason dancing in the back of my head, I find this to be utter bullshit. This whole section. Bullshit.
Our entire family has issues..

Yeah, they have to deal with you.
we all suffer from depression.. we don't belong together... Fortunetly.. my brother and sister have been better off ever since they've gone away to college.. But me? I'm still here.

RUN AWAY THEN! If you truly believe what you say later on about third world people, then running away and leaving off street scraps will be a fucking parade, right?

And you fucking dare to tell me that I don't realize how good I have it? You wanna switch lives? Be my fucking guest.

Back in school? Free meals? Free room? Many chances to meet new and interesting people? I'd switch with you in a heartbeat.

What you fail to realize is that I'm not to far from that 24 yr old you were describing.. The difference? He has more rights than me.

I would normally let you have that one (given that minors have less legal rights and such), but how do you prove that statement?
I am unable to tell others exactly what the hell is wrong. People like YOU never understand. You don't want to understand.. nobody wants to believe me until they know everything... until they have.. proof.

What in the hell are you blathering about? It's my fault that no one can understand what you want to say, and it's my fault that you don't know how to explain it?
That's fucking sad. And when they do know how bad I have it.. there's nothing they can do for me but understand my situation and tell me.. if there's anything that they can do to help, they're there for me... But there isn't.

Except bitch about it to people you don't know online, that always helps, right? And what is it with you calling people sad for stupid shit you pull? How can you possibly see this connection?

You're saying that "we've ALL been there"? Oh really? In my exact situation?

Yes, from the way you're describing them. Relationship problems, feeling better than the world, knowing your parents are just out to make your life miserably, I think we have all been there.
Did you start attempting to commit suicide when you were twelve? ..Or have you ever?

And this is supposed to make your argument more valid, I'm guessing? [quote[Are your parents insane? Every waking moment do you feel despair and as if you should take the blame for every fucking thing that's wrong in this forsaken world?[/quote]

Ask any person ranging from about age 14 to 16, and they will give you think the same thing about themselves.

You've grown up? How so? How are you any different from me? Did the earth revolve around the sun a few more times for you?

Why yes, it did. And while it did that I saw more troubles and experienced more of human society than I'm sure you have.
Oh that's right.. You've lived longer.. you've experienced far more.

You don't agree? Well fuck you, ok? I've experienced far more since the age of 16 than I ever thought I could, and you're saying that you've already seen all of that? Well then if you've experienced the whole fucking world then why can't you get yourself out of these "problems" of yours?

You're stuck in REAL situations? Oh really? Can you elaborate on that? I'd love to hear about your battle btw life and death.

And I'd love to hear yours, because I'm sure you don't have one; you're just talking out of you ass.
Because I don't believe that having your bills paid is vital to your health, losing your job is a death sentence..

Really, now? You don't believe that paying your bills is essential to having running water and electricity for things such as food and drink? Go back to my other suggestion telling you to run away, as it still applies here too.
As for other things.. becoming addicted to coke... feeling like there's no one to turn to.. there are people you can turn to.. Even if you were stupid enough to get yourself into that situation.

I'll let . take care of this, because I have no firsthand experience with drugs. Plus, I'm sure . could elaborate much more than I could, here.

As far as I'm concerned.. I'd think I'd be happier in third world country dying of some disease.. starving...

Then run away to those places, you goddamn wannabe pariah. Why would you want to choose to live there, by the way?
BUT I'd be surrounded be people that weren't so absorbed in the world around them.. they wouldn't constantly be wanting more power.. more shit.. more more more..

Where has anyone in here said they wanted more more more more power more money more shit from you? How can you say that anyone posting in this thread (with the exception of you) is self-absorbed?
I'm really sick of it. I can't live my life the way I choose to.. and it's killing me, emotionally..

Oh, fuck you! Fuck you! BOO FUCKING HOO. That's called LIFE and it never, never ends up the way you want it to. "I can't live the way I want to I want to be catered to all day and have eighteen fuckbuddies who will treat me like shit I want a plane that will fly over mountains but my parents won't let me because they come up with excuses like 'that's expensive' and 'that's dangerous' and god why can't I do what I want?"

You want to know why? Do you want to know how fucking hard you have to work in life to have the things you want? It's not a goddamn cakewalk built solely for your own amusement to waddle through as you fucking please! No, it takes hard fucking work, which I'm sure you never put in by the way you act on these boards here. I have never joined in on a Kathy-bashing thread, but you went way too far with this hunk of shit you threw at my monitor.

I wanted to be a musician in a band, but I'm not now. I used to work night after night in bars filled with second-hand smoke trying to play something people will like at the risk of them booing my guitar and me offstage, in the hopes that maybe I'll find a drummer or a bass player. Did that ever happen? NO. Did I come moaning and crying to the Citadel then claim how they "didn't understand me" when I didn't tell them the truth? NO.

Are you too fucking stupid to realize that you're an attention-craving whore who seeks out the sympathy gland in our bodies? Quit fucking complaining already. Quit trying to act so goddamn mature when it's obvious that you aren't. Quit moaning about how we're all full of ourselves and stubborn and unwilling to understand when you yourself admit that you don't know how to explain it. Just shut the hell up about all of your shit. No one wants to hear it anymore. Get over yourself.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:03 pm

Jeku wrote: (a lot)

Cool. I also dislike getting involved in Kathy bashing (I sort-of avoid reading these threads when they take a turn in this direction), but reading your post caused me to go back and check the rest out.

Kathy, there's no easy way to say this. But it's really, really simple; everyone has problems, issues and mountains to climb in their lives. Everyone likes to think they have it worse than everyone else. Everyone likes to think that their hardships are more bitter, that their victories are more hard-fought, that their failures are more devastating.

Truth is, they're not.

A lot of what is going on here boils down to your degree of life experience and emotional maturity. It's easy for you to decide that nobody understands you and nobody has it as bad as you, because to acknowledge the other side clearly terrifies you. The other side being that, gasp, you may just not be very well equipped to deal with everyday adult life yet - not that this would be unusual or even a big deal. You haven't even remotely finished your apprenticeship yet, let alone your training (which ends the moment before you die, okay?)

Bottom line is:
  • Nobody owes you anything. Nothing at all.
  • Everything you cherish has some kind of emotional or material cost - you get nothing valuable for free.
  • Life is hard.
  • Perspective is a wonderful thing.
  • Experience counts.
  • Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Bitching about your circumstances on an internet forum is a way to let off steam. And, within reason, it's tolerated; it's acceptable, even encouraged. It can be healthy. But when you're bitching at an internet forum about the community's inability to understand you, or to empathise with the desperate situation that you uniquely find yourself in, well...
...it's getting a bit strained, isn't it?

I mean, maybe you would find it much less stressful to find people who could be more empathic and supportive to you. Maybe you really do have a unique set of circumstances that makes you the most misunderstood, downtrodden, put-upon, disrespected person in the world. Or, maybe as an occasionally disadvantaged teenager living in the first world, you're just bitching. I suspect it's more likely the latter than the former - I find it hard to believe that your life would be better as a hungry kid in the third world, and that you would even suggest something tells me an awful lot about your grasp on the reality of your situation. I think you've been watching/reading too many ansgty teen stories.

For a long, long time I have stood back when you've been one on. Partly because my own forum tantrum history is a bit, well, colourful. And partly because I really believed you were just taking life's knocks a little more personally than you might.

But I want to say something now because I'm beginning to think that you don't actually want any help, you just want an audience. And you don't want to listen, or possibly learn, or even to share; you just want to talk.

Remarkably, given the passive nature of this place, you've become a distracting influence. More fool us for giving you the attention that you so desperately crave.

As Jeku said, more eloquently than I could ever have managed: Get over yourself. You're just a fucking teenage kid, living your life. Accept you don't know everything, accept that you've hopefully got a long life ahead of you, stop trying to construct some kind of martyr role for yourself; now go fucking live your life.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

mia
Forum Jesus

Postby mia » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:12 pm

Gentlmen! I've already said "Get the fuck over yourself."

See exhibit A:

Exhibit A
piggies

Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:33 pm

Well back to the Matrix

By the way, she should have been bleeding out the mouth and convulsing, or already in shock, or just plain dead. None of this endless talking, talking, talking. I stopped checking the time at this point.

I hope I wasn't the only one who said "Hurry up and die bitch" at this part of the movie?

I got dirty looks from people in front of me but meh.
"He who seeks to fight trolls must take care; when you laugh at the Tweeg post, the Tweeg posts laughs at you." - OMGBEES

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:58 pm

I would just like to chime in that I would so switch places to an all girls boarding school in a heartbeat, as long as I was allowed to keep the ol' equipment in the trade.

Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:59 pm

You could reenact the mars bar commercial.
"He who seeks to fight trolls must take care; when you laugh at the Tweeg post, the Tweeg posts laughs at you." - OMGBEES

skyknyt
Forum Jesus

Postby skyknyt » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:47 pm

Dynagrip wrote:I would just like to chime in that I would so switch places to an all girls boarding school in a heartbeat, as long as I was allowed to keep the ol' equipment in the trade.

The male or the female equipment?

I mean, "Boarding School LezFest" and "Boarding School Balling" are both catchy....

skye
"Fuck it, Skye. Let's go bowling." - Square

"Me shut the fuck up .. oh no you are the one who shall be doing the fucking up of the shutting!" - Tweeg

Kathy
Forum Jesus

Postby Kathy » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:56 pm

.....You know what? It's not worth it. You're not worth my time. I rarely give up on people, but y'all are an exception. Good luck fuckers. Good luck in life. I hope you can find happiness somehow. I really do. But I'm over trying to help this community, because you are obviously a bunch of arrogant fuckers. I'm wasting my time, when I could be helping others. Good luck to you..

Heh.. funny... Once again we're in the pit..... now who put this thread here? Yeah.. that's right, not me. o_O Bye fuckers.

Bunyip
I AM ERROR

Postby Bunyip » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:04 pm

Kathy wrote:Good luck in life. I hope you can find happiness somehow.

Thanks! Bye!

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:12 pm

Tweeg wrote:Well back to the Matrix

By the way, she should have been bleeding out the mouth and convulsing, or already in shock, or just plain dead. None of this endless talking, talking, talking. I stopped checking the time at this point.

I hope I wasn't the only one who said "Hurry up and die bitch" at this part of the movie?

I got dirty looks from people in front of me but meh.

Now see, if you'd just cut her throat straight away instead of sticking the damn knife in her arm, you wouldn't have that problem.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

Bag of Ass
Ninth Horrid Scar

Postby Bag of Ass » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:17 pm

Kathy wrote:Heh.. funny... Once again we're in the pit..... now who put this thread here? Yeah.. that's right, not me. o_O Bye fuckers.

Of course you didn't literally put it here, that would mean you were a moderator and also that we're all going to need scarves and mittens when we get to Hell. No, it was put here because of you, so figuratively speaking you put it here.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:17 pm

Kathy wrote:.....You know what? It's not worth it. You're not worth my time. I rarely give up on people, but y'all are an exception. Good luck fuckers. Good luck in life. I hope you can find happiness somehow. I really do. But I'm over trying to help this community, because you are obviously a bunch of arrogant fuckers. I'm wasting my time, when I could be helping others. Good luck to you..

Heh.. funny... Once again we're in the pit..... now who put this thread here? Yeah.. that's right, not me. o_O Bye fuckers.

Kathy, I'm sure your arrogance won't allow you to at least not stop back and see if anyone responded to this, so I'll just say this; when you finally have reached a point where Rob, normally (despite his protests to the opposite), one of the more complacent, easy-going fuckers on here, feels the need to say something, you've stepped over that invisible boundary.

And this utter shit above... I'm not even going to comment on. I was hoping to avoid saying this, but your leaving this forum is no great loss. 'ta.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

mia
Forum Jesus

Postby mia » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:19 pm

Everyone in the movie theater was going "Oooo ouch." I also did the same...

It would've been better if she died in the second movie! Blarg.

(edited) Oh now you all had to reply to the Kathy posts, so my post looks all weird....

T_T
piggies

Thorn
let's hit the women

Postby Thorn » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:27 pm

Kathy sucks.

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:51 pm

Okay, we've established at this point that Kathy sucks. The majority of the community does not want her in it. So, let's be proactive, and start thinking of some ideas to make that happen. What do you generally do when you have an asshole "friend" who keeps hanging around you and won't ever leave? Everyone has had something like this - just some little jerk who's desperate for attention, has chosen to cling to your little group of friends, and follows you around and pisses you off. Now, the way I generally negatively reinforce the behavior of friends is to hit them - I like to keep things simple, so that it's not lost in subjectivity. That's obviously not going to work here. Unfortunately, I don't think the other classic negative reinforcement, the cold shoulder, will work, either. Any suggestions?
Actually, I'd think it was really cool if I saw Jesus in my icecream too. A tyrannosaur in an F14 would be even cooler.
-Bunyip, a man for all seasonings.

Rob
Oh yes.

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:58 pm

Square721BT wrote:Now, the way I generally negatively reinforce the behavior of friends is to hit them - I like to keep things simple, so that it's not lost in subjectivity.

Me too. I've only ever punched a few people myself, but as a behavioural modification tool I've found there are few things more effective.

I dunno, maybe she'll just decide to go somewhere else now.

And if not, and if she continues to refuse to learn from the incidents, then I guess I could stop her from logging in. Although I'd much rather she either modified her behaviour a bit and stuck around, or simply went elsewhere. If she goes elsewhere, I'd like to think she might come back one day and be fine.

Of course, cynically I have to admit that this probably won't happen. Instead, we'll probably have some more fireworks and then I'll finally get really fed up with it all, bring out my Teeninator (no fnarrs) and whack things back into order. You know.

Seems a bit hard and drastic, though.
See"...Infrequent, sporadic, frustrating, occasionally going in the wrong direction..."
read the continuing adventures of the world's most useless boring bastard over at LJ - now somewhat less continued!

Return to “Angry Thoughts”