This makes me nervous (Matrix:Revolutions) *SPOILERS*

Politics, Religion, Retards, and Rape Factories.

Moderators: pablo banquo, Gobo, Bag of Ass, SporkAndrew

Tweeg
The Artist Currently Known As Tweeg

Postby Tweeg » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:21 am

. wrote:
*girl moment, guys go away!*

Just let me take off the lens cap .... aww there we go.

You two go at it for as long as you want.
"He who seeks to fight trolls must take care; when you laugh at the Tweeg post, the Tweeg posts laughs at you." - OMGBEES

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:17 am

Tweeg wrote:
. wrote:
*girl moment, guys go away!*

Just let me take off the lens cap .... aww there we go.

You two go at it for as long as you want.

Dude. That's not cool.
Actually, I'd think it was really cool if I saw Jesus in my icecream too. A tyrannosaur in an F14 would be even cooler.
-Bunyip, a man for all seasonings.

Luminaire
Forum Jesus

Postby Luminaire » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:36 am

Now that's the Plut reply I wanted to see. This thread is complete.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:57 am

Square721BT wrote:I wish I had some good transmet right now. I love transmet. It and Sandman are just the best escapist comics ever made. When I read them, I forget about the world around me, and just live the story. They're on eof the few things that, when it ends, I really feel bad, simply because it's over.

Wasn't that last Transmet just spectacularly done, though? "One Percent." God... easily one of the best wrap-ups to a comic series ever.

Of course, I think the last issue of Preacher was up there too, especially that part with Cassidy just sitting there all day, watching the sun go down.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

pablo banquo
Banjo Froggo

Postby pablo banquo » Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:46 pm

I noticed a book for sale at www.thinkgeek.com today. The philosophy of the matrix, or something.
i before e except after a few beers

Apotheos
Citadel Legend

Postby Apotheos » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:11 pm

pablo banquo wrote:I noticed a book for sale at www.thinkgeek.com today. The philosophy of the matrix, or something.

I've seen it in stores. Read a few pages. Didn't keep my interest.
I am a normal person, I am not Jack Fucking Big Boner Kerouac, and most of the time the things I post are useless wastes of space.
Today I will be a Bulgarian Minister of Education. Tomorrow I will be Helen of Troy.

skyknyt
Forum Jesus

Postby skyknyt » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:33 pm

The Philosophy of the Matrix wrote:MAKE LOTS OF MONEY!

skye
"Fuck it, Skye. Let's go bowling." - Square

"Me shut the fuck up .. oh no you are the one who shall be doing the fucking up of the shutting!" - Tweeg

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:55 pm

Too-Much-Coffee-Man wrote:
Square721BT wrote:I wish I had some good transmet right now. I love transmet. It and Sandman are just the best escapist comics ever made. When I read them, I forget about the world around me, and just live the story. They're on eof the few things that, when it ends, I really feel bad, simply because it's over.

Wasn't that last Transmet just spectacularly done, though? "One Percent." God... easily one of the best wrap-ups to a comic series ever.

Of course, I think the last issue of Preacher was up there too, especially that part with Cassidy just sitting there all day, watching the sun go down.

I haven't read the last Transmet - I get the graphic novels. I also really, really hate Preacher.
Actually, I'd think it was really cool if I saw Jesus in my icecream too. A tyrannosaur in an F14 would be even cooler.

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:08 pm

Too-Much-Coffee-Man wrote:Wasn't that last Transmet just spectacularly done, though? "One Percent." God... easily one of the best wrap-ups to a comic series ever.

Indeed, that was one of the greatest endings ever. I wish they'd hurry up and put out the rest of the trade paperbacks, though.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:08 am

Square721BT wrote:
I haven't read the last Transmet - I get the graphic novels. I also really, really hate Preacher.

Ah; my bad. I just took this

They're on eof the few things that, when it ends, I really feel bad, simply because it's over.
as meaning you had reached the end. I don't think I spoiled anything, though. At least I hope not...

nobody_important wrote:I wish they'd hurry up and put out the rest of the trade paperbacks, though.

I had thought all the trades would've been out by now. I started reading the series partway through (after about 4 trades were out) and collected the rest issue-by-issue. I'm normally too impatient to wait for the trades, although it is nice at times to be able to read the entire story in larger portions like that.
Last edited by Too-Much-Coffee Mistress on Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker." - Albert Einstein

nobody_important
HAM SANDWICH?!

Postby nobody_important » Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:35 pm

I started buying trades right when the last story arc started (I almost never get in on cool things early enough), but started buying issues anyway. I guess I spoiled the ending for myself, but that's ok. Sometimes it's good to see how things turn out.
"I'm gonna name it after Nancy!" "What, Pushover?" "Yes! Because that's what she does!"

Groovis
Forum Jesus

Postby Groovis » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:43 pm

Kathy wrote:
Gobo wrote:I would've asked Foo if we lived anywhere near enough each other to drop by and see a movie... but him being in... er Rhode Island I think and me being in Montreal makes that difficult
Oh wow.. I feel special. I was thinking of Groovis.. although.. I don't know why I wrote your name.

Meh.

They lost my interest with the reviews thus far, the spoilers I have heard, and Reloaded.

Damn these burning ears...

DampCat
Cow! Cube! Cowuuuube!

Postby DampCat » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:54 pm

you see dead people!

Tres
Sociable Minister

Postby Tres » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:39 am

Kathy wrote:Bye fuckers.

(Yes I know this is a bit late)

mtdew
Politically Disheveled

Postby mtdew » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:49 am

You know you're on CoT when an insulting smiley has enough thought behind it to actually be grammatically correct.
beware the angry can of mountain dew
stomping around and craving blood.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:02 am

Hey dew, I was kind of curious; I was looking back through some of the older threads a couple of days ago, and I ran through the Matrix: Reloaded thread. While you didn't think it was the best thing ever, you gave it some pretty decent reviews at the time... I'm wondering what caused the 180 as far as your opinion of it goes. Was it repeated viewings, or something else?

Square721BT
Doom Cock

Postby Square721BT » Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:30 am

Maybe because you can't just think a movie like The Matrix is okay. If you say something like "it was a decent mindless action flick" 90 people around you start screaming "YOU ARE A USELESS FUCKING WHORE WHOSE TINY VIRGIN ASSHOLE WILL BE SODOMIZED BY THE LARGES, MOST BLADED COCK IN ALL OF THE NINE HELLS, THEN FILLED WITH GELATIN AND USED AS THE PERSONAL DINNER MOLD FOR SATAN'S FANGED RABID MONGOOSES OF ARMAGEDDON!" It gets really old. Seriously. Go up to a group of people you don't know. It helps if they're geeky. Say something like, "I thought the Matrix was okay, but it wasn't the best movie I've seen this year" or "Kill Bill had some cool fight scenes, but was pretty dull" or "You know, most of the critics at the time panned Star Wars? Makes you think." If you walk away with all your fingers, count yourself lucky.

Too-Much-Coffee Mistress
Old Maid

Postby Too-Much-Coffee Mistress » Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:55 am

Yeah, but that's exactly why you don't go walking up to large packs of them. They're only threatening in large groups. Besides which, those people are the bread n' butter that keeps comic shops alive with their weekly $80+ purchases...

DampCat
Cow! Cube! Cowuuuube!

Postby DampCat » Fri Nov 28, 2003 12:03 am

sorry to break the cycle..

that A.P.U figures is $24.99 in EB? i'm totally going to send a cheaque to one of you US'ers to purcahse and send me one.

Dynagrip
<b>Gossip</b> columnist

Postby Dynagrip » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:06 am

Eolh wrote:
mtdew wrote:I realized not the brilliance of the Wichowski brothers, but that these two have become so damn self important they put Christopher McQuarrie to shame.

Boooo! Hiss! I may need to find another favorite Two-Bit reviewer. The Way of the Gun was awesome.

:(

Return to “Angry Thoughts”